word

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person
Re: word

Originally Posted by excessa

Just my opinion. I *have* been paying attention to you guys for a while, and one thing you have working against you is ego. You're not famous. You're mildly popular, get over yourselves.
++++1
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 AM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

an established point system and governing body,so to say....sanctioning?

lots of different style people...

truly dedicated riders.

major corpoate sponsorship.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

Thomas, you know the only way to not get bored of stunting is to actually do it. so after how many shows/comps. will the viewing audience be bored? only reason we dont get bored is when we find new chalenges, but i have found alot of spectators are only intersted in what we do for maybe 1 show for the fact of it being something they havent seen before or thinking its impossible to do what we do, then after and hour of stunters making it look hella easy the viewer is over it.

shoot i'd love to be apart of something like X-games for the sake of what it is and what it means. so if we can get the right people to get us on board lets do it. we just gotta "keep the people entertained" and wanting more

that being said i think our exhaust pipes should shoot fire and our bikes should have sharp objects to impale eacother with then we would bw prime time entertainment
Old 09-17-2007, 06:31 AM

Lukas is a decent person

Originally Posted by JASON-
Thomas, you know the only way to not get bored of stunting is to actually do it. so after how many shows/comps. will the viewing audience be bored? only reason we dont get bored is when we find new chalenges, but i have found alot of spectators are only intersted in what we do for maybe 1 show for the fact of it being something they havent seen before or thinking its impossible to do what we do, then after and hour of stunters making it look hella easy the viewer is over it.

shoot i'd love to be apart of something like X-games for the sake of what it is and what it means. so if we can get the right people to get us on board lets do it. we just gotta "keep the people entertained" and wanting more

that being said i think our exhaust pipes should shoot fire and our bikes should have sharp objects to impale eacother with then we would bw prime time entertainment
+1
Stunting is most of the time pretty boring for audience, no matter what you all say...this sport is still reeeeally far from X-games. Its just not extreme enough yet...sorry but circle combos dont look very extreme...
Old 09-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Ghini is a decent person

where is bmx flatland? i bet just about everyone forgot all about that ****...thats some hard **** to pull off. if you've ever tried it or know anything about it, watching someone kill it going 3mph in the parking lot is gonna be exciting...just like stunting. buuutttt to the general public its boring as ****. solution = no exhaust (loud noises excite people), go really fast, skitch like biker boys, acros would be hot, and there has to be fire involved...and some one has to be taken away in an ambulance (hopefully its just staged). once the sport gets recognition from the general public as a legit extreme sport (if there is such a thing) then people will be willing (and appreciate) to watch the slow and technical **** that really matters.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:48 PM

Ghini is a decent person

as for being profesional and this good boy image.....YOUR WRONG. lets think about the history of extreme sports...skateboarding was thought to be the antichrist (in so many words) before it became recognized as a "legit" sport, still to this day skaters have the rep. for being pot smoking, property destroying punks who have no respect and love to **** **** up. FMX...umm yea metal mulisha (just an example)...they're whole image is that they are badass, don't give a ****, will **** your day up and drink your blood. my point is all extreme sports are exactly that...extreme. if you expect good behavior and profesionalism go watch baseball (even traditional sports are filled with whackos...if not more so then extreme sports). profesionalism is over rated, the public wants to see mayhem, chaos and taboo...they want their idols to act in ways they only wish they could. in the end regardless of what the sponsors want right now, its the people that dictate what sells and how much money the sponsors make...and thats really all that matters to them.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:06 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lukas
+1
Stunting is most of the time pretty boring for audience, no matter what you all say...this sport is still reeeeally far from X-games. Its just not extreme enough yet...sorry but circle combos dont look very extreme...

+10000

stuntwars last year was my first time i ever seen a show...**** was tight but after every competitor doin the same thing over and over and over again, it got kinda boring. honestly, the only time i was really interested in watchin it was after A.C. Farius broke his shifter and stilled pulled off them gangster tight circles that were pretty damn fast imo. but like everybody allready said, it gets boring after a while. and i hate to say it, and everybody will prolly hate on me for it but i think if any part of this sport would make it to the x-games im bettin tandem would actually make it first. yeah yeah yeah, they are just backpacks and what not but lets face it, and endo looks hella dangerous when ur got a 90lb chick layin down just far enough that her helmet scrapes/almost scrapes a bit. thats the type of **** that is gonna actually catch the general publics eye.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:19 PM

stuntf@n is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a stunt rider, but am a fan, and would like to see it get more popular, and get in the x games, but I can't see Mountain Dew and all the big sponsors want there name matched w/ stunting on the highway, and the FTP all over the bikes, forums, and dvds. The negative out weighs the positive. There are rides that raise money for charity, but videos like the roc 07 that's in the video section... I don't think Pepsi, Mountain Dew, or any other big company would want to be a part of that. Skate boarding is way different than people doing stunts around cars on the highway, and closing the highway, or on public roads. I may be wrong, but that's my
Old 09-17-2007, 06:21 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

We can only hope. It seems like thing are progressing more and more i think if everyone sucks up their pride and takes a little bit from each other one one end or another we can see a faster change. As we've all seen in the past the best riders normally fade out due to lack of business tact. You can be the most gangster rider and earn the respect of the people you ride with, but if your not presenting yourself in a marketable light you're screwed you'll fade away when that next best thing comes into play. I know I'll hear "Well I ride for fun." Great step aside then go play in the lot a few nights a week and work your 9-5, this isn't directed to you. For the people who wish to progress in the sport look at key people that did somthing so far. I hate to drop names but a key people

DARIUS & Alpine Stars Put money to make money, developed a core group of riders that represent somthing bigger than a bunch of hooligans on bikes murdering the streets.

Dan Jackson Doing big things with gofast, and alpine another old school rider with a new school nature. And business skills to match

Kane the pink, tatted up, punk look was his hook. he started with some smaller sponsors then if you haven't noticed is rollin with some gangster new sponsors who have a ton of pull. Rocket, Kawasaki, & lockhart. 3 major names

Teach clean cut, erratic riding style good crowd presence, another good busness man. worked for a long time to
get where he is. (BMW, Scorpion, Shift)

Jason Britton Again clean cut, business savvy, & Old school OG. He may not be the best on the bike vs some of the other mentioned but he's got a business sense to him. Superbikes, Brembo, Suzuki, ETC.

Aaron Colton If you don't know his hook your living under a rock. But he's not just some 13,14,15,16 yr old on a bike
he stepped it up with natural talent and business sense again.

If you catch my drift these few riders are out and doing things because they are not only good on the bikes they are good in the office as well. Its time that we start to brake away into a PRO and a AM range much like BMX, SKATE, FMX, ETC. Helping each other with whatever we can do possible to get more light shined on the sport in general.

* The Pro's get in with the sponsors who count.
* The sponsors use pull with where they are putting their Ad $$$ to get the sport where need be to put the most $$$ in their
pocket.

My only complaint about the XDL is there is only one east coast event at VIR.How about a XDL Stop In Florida comp to replace BS Stunt wars.

This is all just constructive criticism that i've been thinking for a long time. I'm glad to see that you (Thomas) keep pushing the sport more and more into the bigger arena so to say. Hopefully one day we can all make it big on the xgames, dew tour, etc.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by Tony L
We can only hope. It seems like thing are progressing more and more i think if everyone sucks up their pride and takes a little bit from each other one one end or another we can see a faster change. As we've all seen in the past the best riders normally fade out due to lack of business tact. You can be the most gangster rider and earn the respect of the people you ride with, but if your not presenting yourself in a marketable light you're screwed you'll fade away when that next best thing comes into play. I know I'll hear "Well I ride for fun." Great step aside then go play in the lot a few nights a week and work your 9-5, this isn't directed to you. For the people who wish to progress in the sport look at key people that did somthing so far. I hate to drop names but a key people

DARIUS & Alpine Stars Put money to make money, developed a core group of riders that represent somthing bigger than a bunch of hooligans on bikes murdering the streets.

Dan Jackson Doing big things with gofast, and alpine another old school rider with a new school nature. And business skills to match

Kane the pink, tatted up, punk look was his hook. he started with some smaller sponsors then if you haven't noticed is rollin with some gangster new sponsors who have a ton of pull. Rocket, Kawasaki, & lockhart. 3 major names

Teach clean cut, erratic riding style good crowd presence, another good busness man. worked for a long time to
get where he is. (BMW, Scorpion, Shift)

Jason Britton Again clean cut, business savvy, & Old school OG. He may not be the best on the bike vs some of the other mentioned but he's got a business sense to him. Superbikes, Brembo, Suzuki, ETC.

Aaron Colton If you don't know his hook your living under a rock. But he's not just some 13,14,15,16 yr old on a bike
he stepped it up with natural talent and business sense again.

If you catch my drift these few riders are out and doing things because they are not only good on the bikes they are good in the office as well. Its time that we start to brake away into a PRO and a AM range much like BMX, SKATE, FMX, ETC. Helping each other with whatever we can do possible to get more light shined on the sport in general.

* The Pro's get in with the sponsors who count.
* The sponsors use pull with where they are putting their Ad $$$ to get the sport where need be to put the most $$$ in their
pocket.

My only complaint about the XDL is there is only one east coast event at VIR.How about a XDL Stop In Florida comp to replace BS Stunt wars.

This is all just constructive criticism that i've been thinking for a long time. I'm glad to see that you (Thomas) keep pushing the sport more and more into the bigger arena so to say. Hopefully one day we can all make it big on the xgames, dew tour, etc.

instead of talking about turning pro......just TURN pro.....this arguement has been going on for years now......just remember, it's the riders you don't hear about on stuntlife anymore that are making the real money.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ghini
where is bmx flatland?
in the x games.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by EZEC
in the x games.
not so much. they have bmx park, big air, & vert in the xgames no flat land stuff
Old 09-18-2007, 08:10 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

as for being profesional and this good boy image.....YOUR WRONG. lets think about the history of extreme sports...skateboarding was thought to be the antichrist (in so many words) before it became recognized as a "legit" sport, still to this day skaters have the rep. for being pot smoking, property destroying punks who have no respect and love to **** **** up. FMX...umm yea metal mulisha (just an example)...they're whole image is that they are badass, don't give a ****, will **** your day up and drink your blood. my point is all extreme sports are exactly that...extreme. if you expect good behavior and profesionalism go watch baseball (even traditional sports are filled with whackos...if not more so then extreme sports). profesionalism is over rated, the public wants to see mayhem, chaos and taboo...they want their idols to act in ways they only wish they could. in the end regardless of what the sponsors want right now, its the people that dictate what sells and how much money the sponsors make...and thats really all that matters to them.
I should be careful not to be too general. I agree the badboy image has strong appeal. Professionalism is knowing when to be all gangster, and when to be a businessman. Part of being an athlete is good presentation. What the crowds want to see isn't necessarily who the sponsors want to talk to.

Most sponsors don't want you to get arrested stunting the streets. (not all, some of the more gritty/urban type companies may actually think a true rebel will lend to their brand, but I haven't run across those people yet)

That being said, it's kind of hypocritical. The street footage is always the most exciting footage to watch IMO. But the competitions really help legitimize your sport. At some point having a divergent market, street and straight will better define their appeal and you'll probably see higher dvd sales for street footage and street "brands" selling more merchandise.

I can't wait to see what you guys can make of this sport, it is fun to watch and I haven't gotten bored with it. It's close to being my favorite sport.

A lot of the venues I've been to, it's hard to see, though. It'll be great to see how the arena event goes down. I think with big *** screens all over showing the action, the crowds will get more excited, because they'll be able to tell what's going on.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:45 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Well said Tony L.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:05 AM

NYgsxr1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

viva la stuntriding motoras on los juegos x................

we gotta promote in spanish too.........lol
Old 09-18-2007, 09:23 AM

Ghini is a decent person

i guess my definition of profesionalism is different than yours (exessa). not being a douche bag to the people who pay you is just common sense, not profesionalism imo. but again, i'll bring this back to skateboarding. while killin the streets on a bike is considerably more dangerous than street skating both are still illegal, arrestable offenses. who the hell buys park videos of skateboarding...no one. every one wants to see the big gun street skaters killin it before the fuzz rolls up. yet, big name corperations sponsor these guys even though they're running from the cops on a regular basis. some of the best street vids for skateing show blatant property damage & disregard for the law yet that dosn't stop those guys from being sponsored and making $$$. once its proven to sponsors that stunting is marketable they will realize that its the illegal hell raising antics that sell and make them money. obviously there has to be the few house hold name, clean cut, business type role model stunters that allow the sport to be marketed to the youth and parents. we already konw who those few are. at the end of the day mommy and daddy are going to see britton, darius, kane and the sort repping the sport and they (the parents) will be okay with their kids associating them selves with that image but in reality (just like skateboarding) the kids real idols are the street killin bad *** **** your mother types that are blowin **** up and running from the cops. some may be thinking who cares about parents or what they are allowing their kids to watch, but as the cliche goes: the kids are the future of the sport. if i'm not making sense or i'm completly off let me know and i'll shut up, but from someone whos not in the game this is how everything looks to be falling togeather. imo its coming togeather well and the sport is on the fast track to being accepted.

Last edited by Ghini; 09-18-2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM

i guess my definition of profesionalism is different than yours (exessa). not being a douche bag to the people who pay you is just common sense, not profesionalism imo. but again, i'll bring this back to skateboarding. while killin the streets on a bike is considerably more dangerous than street skating both are still illegal, arrestable offenses. who the hell buys park videos of skateboarding...no one. every one wants to see the big gun street skaters killin it before the fuzz rolls up. yet, big name corperations sponsor these guys even though they're running from the cops on a regular basis. some of the best street vids for skateing show blatant property damage & disregard for the law yet that dosn't stop those guys from being sponsored and making $$$. once its proven to sponsors that stunting is marketable they will realize that its the illegal hell raising antics that sell and make them money. obviously there has to be the few house hold name, clean cut, business type role model stunters that allow the sport to be marketed to the youth and parents. we already konw who those few are. at the end of the day mommy and daddy are going to see britton, darius, kane and the sort repping the sport and they (the parents) will be okay with their kids associating them selves with that image but in reality (just like skateboarding) the kids real idols are the street killin bad *** **** your mother types that are blowin **** up and running from the cops. some may be thinking who cares about parents or what they are allowing their kids to watch, but as the cliche goes: the kids are the future of the sport. if i'm not making sense or i'm completly off let me know and i'll shut up, but from someone whos not in the game this is how everything looks to be falling togeather. imo its coming togeather well and the sport is on the fast track to being accepted.

No, you're making perfect sense, and you're probably right.

I started this little business and am coming from a really clean-cut corporate, "pros only" kind of angle. But I can't dismiss the marketability of the street stuff. It probably is the more lucrative market, and is definitely true to the roots of stunting.

I can't really work effectively within that market because my mannerisms will set me too far apart. I'm better off getting in where I fit in.

Blowing up the street side of this industry will be a sweet gig for someone. There are so many people out there, there's bound to be a hefty percentage who will love what is going on here.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:47 AM

Ok one last thing, not being a dick to your sponsors isn't actually enough. You can be a badass without being a dick to anyone. And you're better off doing that.

People will have more respect for you if you treat your fans well, and are still a fifth degree *** kicker.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:44 AM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by goosecock
"i cant see to well, is that bill shakespear over there??" haha
God bless Chris Farley

http://www.openedgemedia.com/images/image000.jpg
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM

Think about this tho.....

Sk8:

Skateboarders Get ran off for destruction of private property and when a pro runs what ON FOOT most cops are just scared to brake it up not to start hauling people off to jail. PART 2: A kid who sucks at skateboarding isn't going to new york to jump an 8 set, or go kill the steps of the courthouse.... and if he did he would only injure himself. Skateboarding is a sport where it is virtually impossible to hurt another person unless your board accidentally flies away and hits someone and the max that'll do is leave a nasty bump

Street Stunting
Laws broke, careless or reckless driving, speeding, interrupting the flow of trafic, Endangering the life of a pedestrian (same as reckless) Then if you run Felony fleeing and evading, Speed in excess of 20mph of the posted speed limit. If you hurt someone (they die) Manslaughter, If they dont you still get tacked on with (attempted) manslaughter with a motor vehicle.

Bikes can hurt they are upwards of 400+ Pounds. the risk on a street bike is through the roof. If you go down on the highway your causing a wreck hopefully your not under a car as traffic swerves not to hit you or your bike. Bikes can hurt people they are not 2 lbs, they aren't made of wood, and event the best of the best loose control of thier bikes every once in a blue moon. Part 2: squids, newbs, whatever you wanna call them can jump on a bike and try to imitate what we are doing they if they see you rocking the highway they are going for the highway 3rd gear power wheelies. Almost any Idiot with 10,000 can ride a motorcycle...Riding it well is the key.

I'm not saying stop street riding but it in no way shape or form can be put in the same category as BMX, Skate, etc. It would be like trying to justify raod racing on the street.

Quick Reply: word