we got streetbikes .. thats whatss up
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person
Re: word

Bongs no they all have those too
Old 09-16-2007, 10:02 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

How about factory sponsorship and a huge fanbase?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:13 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Ya'll might as well take a midol and rip open an econo sized box of tampons before you read this.

I don't know what everyone else had when they first got picked up by the x games, but what you guys have going for you from an outside standpoint is: fans, innate marketability, dvd sales, merchandising, a clear desire to organize and legitimately sanction your sport, street cred or that edgy rough image that people like, personalities - that is a huge deal, you guys are funny and playful and while stuffy people may not care for it, most people, especially little kids, will love you for it.

professionalism and cooperation will get you guys a lot further than trying to force a monopoly on events or anything else.

Just my opinion. I *have* been paying attention to you guys for a while, and one thing you have working against you is ego. You're not famous. You're mildly popular, get over yourselves.

Professionalism. A lot of people don't want to deal with stunters because they've been unreliable, hard to deal with, or act like thugs. That isn't helping. Pro sports are about being a good sport and a good athlete. The entrenched sponsors know what they are looking for. And it isn't somebody who has decided none of the rules apply to him.

Cooperation. If you guys are constantly trying to hold each other back to get yourselves ahead, it will take a lot longer to get anywhere.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:23 PM

COOP 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
Bongs no they all have those too
^ ^
Old 09-16-2007, 12:35 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

and rebecca makes sense once again .......

If i were a sponsor and came to this site and read all the b.s. about getting high while riding, running from cops, tearing **** up, and being a total dick to people, yeah, i'd have to turn away to..... funny thing is, it's not only on this site....

we are the creators of our own destiny, so if we want to portray the law breaking, drug doing bad boy image, then we'll get treated that way and get nothing more than a miere thought about what it could of been.....

I/we are not perfect by no means, but for a couple of guys from smalltown usa, we do alright and are proud of the accomplishments we have made, and the one's that are coming up..... so take the advice of some and worry more about what people outside the box say, not whether your fellow riders think you're cool or not, cuz in all reality, they're not paying your billz....

Sorry for the rant, good post thomas, can't wait for xdl and see everyone at stuntfest 2......
Old 09-16-2007, 12:53 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Thank you very much.

I might smoke a bowl here and there, and nobody has to be perfect. I hope what I said didn't come off like that. Part of what makes you guys so adorable is that rebelliousness. At the same time too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

If you know what you want, you may have to figure out how to get it, and commit to doing that. If you buck the "how to get it part" and try to do it your own way, you might end up like my documentary.

Last edited by excessa; 09-16-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:17 PM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Thomas and Excessa. I kno Im nobody to really pay attention to...but I gotta point out...the ppl who dont think stuntin can make it to the x-games are the ppl that dont care if we do...if stuntin didnt have a chance I dont think there would be that many DVD sales..I dont think anybody would be makin a living as a pro rider...etc

yea stuntin may not have as big of a fan base as other sports...but the stunt fans are just as die-hard as any other if not more...for a lot of riders and fans that shirt "eat,sleep,stunt" is and understatement. I always try and show ppl some vids or clips if theyve never heard of it...I cant do much right now for this community, but Ill always do what I can.

Yea theres drama, but theres also a **** load of brotherhood here...Ive had stunters welcome me to come to their hometown and home and Im a ****** nobody, just to help a fellow fan/rider out...Ive seen a lot of guys on here sell **** for only like a 5-10% profit sometimes for none just to help a homie out.

I think stuntin has so many different faces and personalities it could appeal to any motorsport fan...plus even tho some are seen as thugs...I bet theyre some of the chillest ppl.

Like I said Im not anyone in the stunt game...but just my positive outlook on things...I think stuntin has made great headway in the past several years...just gotta push it a little farther.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:41 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, can't wait to see bike stunting in X-games. WoRd. :YEAH
Old 09-16-2007, 03:04 PM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy in that site Re: Open letter to all sponsors riders and fans!!

crazy dan

werd up bubba

i mention x-games to my sponsors all the time! hav even discussed this with travis. most the fmx guys are stoked on what we do. i even know a few of them who have bought a sportbike and are learning to stunt. the professional image of stuntriding is improving and still is making forward progress...one day it will come!

Who knows, one day if Stunting made it to the X games, perhaps we'll see Travis, Bartram, Deegan, Ailo and other FMXers will compete in Stunting and maybe we'll see Dan Jackson letting his screw loose around and jumping 50ft into the air with his 954.

Last edited by aaronloi; 09-16-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Tell your mom thanks

Harbourone is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think it will make it. I want it to, but noone understands how hard slow **** is, they get bored. They want high flying highway speed spreaders, skitching and burnouts. They sorta get into circles but not like riders do.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:10 PM

Schooler is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
If you can't take the effort to even think about it and you stick by your 50 foot in the air opinion... then obviously you don't care anyways...

I try to engage people and get them to make their own educated conclusions.. I can feed you fish all day long... or I can buy you a fishing pole
you put too mcuh thinking and time into stuntlife
Old 09-16-2007, 04:09 PM

I hope he buys us all fishing poles.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:14 PM

~Mandy~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
I hope he buys us all fishing poles.
lmao..I'll take a purple one!
Old 09-16-2007, 04:59 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=AzN~BoI_585;2944292]I agree with Thomas and Excessa. QUOTE]

Hell just froze over
Old 09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

word.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

I personally think the Xgames are boring but when I first witnessesd a dude rocking a circle in a parking lot I was intrigued and interested immediately. So the 50 foot air thing is not a must.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:47 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Ill ask you one question about other sports in X-games and if you can answer it correctly then you will see why what you just said is wrong

what do we have that they dont have or didnt have when they started?

hint.. there are at least 10 quick answers
what they didnt have is the amount of exposure that stunting has right now.
ppl putting out dvd's, advertising/marketing stunting, some riders signing deals with big time companys etc..

But i do think that a lot of the ppl come to the x games is to see people catch air and do tricks.. ppl probably wouldnt mind to see a few cool wheelie tricks burnouts whatever, but making it a competition in the world of xgames is hard, i think a stunt show can be thrown in with no problems for the first year or 2 to see how ppl will react and go from there
Old 09-16-2007, 09:33 PM

felonyfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

If you can't take the effort to even think about it and you stick by your 50 foot in the air opinion... then obviously you don't care anyways...

I try to engage people and get them to make their own educated conclusions.. I can feed you fish all day long... or I can buy you a fishing pole
"i cant see to well, is that bill shakespear over there??" haha
Old 09-16-2007, 09:49 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

+ 1 on the post!

Quick Reply: word