dual caliper setup or t into rb?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 AM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point
dual caliper setup or t into rb?

so i picked up a master cylinder and i was going to t into my rear brake but i can pick up a dual caliper setup for 320.. which is a better setup?

320 a good price for a dual caliper setup?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:30 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: dual caliper setup or t into rb?

does that include a bracket and a brake?

what all is included? 320$ sounds a little high. i think hohey bracket is 200$ and you can pick up rear calipers for cheap.

and also, despite what everyone might tell you, if you bleed your line correctly you won';t really notice the difference between a dual caliper or an adapter. mine was dual caliper and i switched to adapter for simplicity and i didn't notice anything different in power or feel.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM

its 320 for the entire setup.. bracket and everything.. its ready to bolt on and use.. whats the normal price on a dual caliper setup?

i just spend 50 bucks on a master cylinder off an r1 and i have a clipon with a second clipon bar welded so i can mount it up.. sucks i should have waited.. i'm gonna have an extra master cylinder laying around if i get the setup
Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

it is better to have a dual setup than a junction valved setup...

2 separate systems are better than one...

if u drop the bike and snap your right side rearset... you still have your hand brake...

that means you can finish the show you are riding in or comp....

BUT IF YOU BUY ONE OF OUR CAGES YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BREAKING YOUR REARSETS... LOL....
Old 09-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Orange peel

Dneffers is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a 905 dual setup on my 636 i love it
Old 09-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

yeah 320 is kinda high.

ho hey dual caliper is best **** out there on the market - 149.00
radial master 50-75
rear caliper around 25

well , yeah i d say u gut ur **** raped anyhoo you should get any newer radial master but but but brembo 16x18 is the HOT sauce to play with.

i ve run an 06 636 radial its ok but brembo its like woah.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:33 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

not knocking ho hey or his product,

but i see no point in running a dual caliper setup.

A. cut your rear sets a little back you'll never have a problem
B. If you break your rearset you'll still have the pressure in the line and can still use the handbrake no problem at all. (I've done it)
C. A second system is 1 more system to bleed out.
D. ever tried putting a tire back on with two calipers on the rear...NOT FUN!
E. Now your investing in 2 sets of rear pads, and can crack or warp rotors due to excessive heat.

For 320 you can put together a Full Throttle setup will all steel line and a brembo front master that will spank the competition.

just look at who's running just a regular setup and killin it. I dont see the point in going through the extra hassle when you can just put a good master and adaptor and call it good. 1 set of pads, 1 line, i've never had a problem, teach, kane, darius, dan jackson, tneck, the list goes on all run a regular hb setup. but thats just my 2c
Old 09-08-2007, 02:18 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Tony L
not knocking ho hey or his product,

but i see no point in running a dual caliper setup.

A. cut your rear sets a little back you'll never have a problem
B. If you break your rearset you'll still have the pressure in the line and can still use the handbrake no problem at all. (I've done it)
C. A second system is 1 more system to bleed out.
D. ever tried putting a tire back on with two calipers on the rear...NOT FUN!
E. Now your investing in 2 sets of rear pads, and can crack or warp rotors due to excessive heat.

For 320 you can put together a Full Throttle setup will all steel line and a brembo front master that will spank the competition.

just look at who's running just a regular setup and killin it. I dont see the point in going through the extra hassle when you can just put a good master and adaptor and call it good. 1 set of pads, 1 line, i've never had a problem, teach, kane, darius, dan jackson, tneck, the list goes on all run a regular hb setup. but thats just my 2c
finally someone that understands

and yes, just because you break your rearset doesn't mean you cant' use the handbrake. you would have to destory your line or something bad to not have a handbrake, and at that point, if you have an open brake line with brake fluid going everywhere are you going to keep riding? it's toxic to skin and will cause blindness if you get it in your eyes, i personally would want it all cleaned up before i got on the bike.

i would rather spend the money on a brembo master than a rear dual. money better spend. either way, i run an old 900rr master and it works perfect for me, great feel, awsome power (locks up the rear when needed), and it was 20$. i've had both dual caliper and now i'm on adapter......take a guess at how many times i've wrecked and had an issue with my handbrake because i have an adapter...ya, zero. you're more likely to have problems somewhere else if you wreck that hard.

basically, what i'm trying to say is it's personal preference. there really isn't a NEED to have a dual caliper setup; unless you are prone to having your brake lines cut in half...then having 2 separate systems would come in handy.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:34 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

go dual caliper its the best
Old 09-08-2007, 03:51 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Scott-

it's the bestest.... el oh el
Old 09-08-2007, 05:10 PM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by Scott-
probably for your sponsorship dollars it is.....but for true fact on how it works better, no proof of evidence if everything is bled properly on both systems.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:52 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stuntsteel
it is better to have a dual setup than a junction valved setup...

2 separate systems are better than one...

if u drop the bike and snap your right side rearset... you still have your hand brake...

that means you can finish the show you are riding in or comp....

BUT IF YOU BUY ONE OF OUR CAGES YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BREAKING YOUR REARSETS... LOL....
We need stuntlife Tivo to get through the commercials...
Old 09-08-2007, 06:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im not sponsored by ho hey but i have tried about ten different set ups and a freind of mine has a ho hey with both calipers operating together and it is the absolute best hand brake i ever rode with bar none hands down and any other cliche's you can think of ........ho hey and an adapter operating bolth calipers at the same time is the ultimate hand brake reguardless of the master you use
Old 09-08-2007, 06:31 PM

so am i gettin ripped off? a complete setup for 320?

i didnt buy it yet so i could ask him to drop the price.. i never really looking into dual caliper setups.. so i don't know a price
Old 09-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

do the math man ...look at my post.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:11 AM
back in the saddle again

Originally Posted by old man roger
im not sponsored by ho hey but i have tried about ten different set ups and a freind of mine has a ho hey with both calipers operating together and it is the absolute best hand brake i ever rode with bar none hands down and any other cliche's you can think of ........ho hey and an adapter operating bolth calipers at the same time is the ultimate hand brake reguardless of the master you use
well, this i can't argue because i've never tried it. that does have an obvious change in system so there could be a huge difference in performence over a 1 caliper system.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:06 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508
yeah 320 is kinda high.

ho hey dual caliper is best **** out there on the market - 149.00
radial master 50-75
rear caliper around 25

well , yeah i d say u gut ur **** raped anyhoo you should get any newer radial master but but but brembo 16x18 is the HOT sauce to play with.

i ve run an 06 636 radial its ok but brembo its like woah.

149 is not for all bikes, and you still need a steel brake line add another 50...

i can beat anyones price on the whole setup...

:YEAH
Old 09-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

I was going to give this a shot a few months ago
Old 09-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

is it the best thing since sliced bread?
Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

better then buttered bread brutha......lol

Quick Reply: dual caliper setup or t into rb?