Are my forks realy going to snap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Are my forks realy going to snap?

Originally Posted by MILFslovemyxr50
You gotta remember these bikes werent designed for stunting and if **** like this does happen then you cant point the finger at Kawi blaming them, it might not be the strongest setup for wheelies(stuntin) that are done on a repeated basis but at the same time its designed to withstand the occasional wheelie here and there and to hold up under normal ridin or racing around a track. I got over 42,000 miles on my forks and I never had any issues but I also dont wheelie(stunt) all day with it.
thats very true, but on the other hand I'm sure ryan didnt tell kawi that he was stunting on his bike and to send him a email back saying its "Wear and tear" after onlye 2500 miles is just bad business
Old 09-08-2007, 12:56 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sean24
thats very true, but on the other hand I'm sure ryan didnt tell kawi that he was stunting on his bike and to send him a email back saying its "Wear and tear" after onlye 2500 miles is just bad business
exactly...who the hell would say they stunted their bike to the manufacturer or even an insurance company for that matter

**** dont make sense imo
Old 09-08-2007, 12:58 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

thank god i have an 05 636
Old 09-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

03/04 are built by KYB, 05/06 are built by showa.. that says enough.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MILFslovemyxr50
You gotta remember these bikes werent designed for stunting and if **** like this does happen then you cant point the finger at Kawi blaming them, it might not be the strongest setup for wheelies(stuntin) that are done on a repeated basis but at the same time its designed to withstand the occasional wheelie here and there and to hold up under normal ridin or racing around a track. I got over 42,000 miles on my forks and I never had any issues but I also dont wheelie(stunt) all day with it.
These bikes weren't designed to stop fast and hard The only difference between a racer slamming on the brakes into a corner and a stunter doing a stoppie is that the stunter lets the rear come up.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:03 PM

DEBO is a decent person

If you dont see fluid leaking at the bottom of the forks..... then I am good?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:46 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DEBO
If you dont see fluid leaking at the bottom of the forks..... then I am good?

NO!!! My **** snapped with no signs of leakin or anything.

Also, nowhere does Kawasaki say you have to tighten the forks every so miles. I never heard of that b4 in my life.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:04 PM
I Love To Post!

Sean24 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn thats a crazy pic, I wonder what the end result looked like
Old 09-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

death...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:58 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
NO!!! My **** snapped with no signs of leakin or anything.

Also, nowhere does Kawasaki say you have to tighten the forks every so miles. I never heard of that b4 in my life.

the easiest way to tell if they are getting loose is you will see rust and **** leaking from the bottom of the tubes where the go into the cast peice.....i replaced mine a few months ago and it had about 1/4 slop in it.......they are junk......ryan i heard about that hc crash---that would really suck!!
Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Those forks will break if you look at them wrong! They suck!

Put 05-07 forks on it as soon as you can. Mine broke coming down froma H/C at 30mph. Bike wasnt even a year old, had 2500 miles on it.
****!!! dude, ur back looks like it has raw steak on it.

does this kind of meticulus maintanance (in particular the set screw adjustment) also apply to the f4i? how often? i've noticed that when my rear tire comes up, my front wheel vibrates a bit. i dont have a stabilizer, so that could be it but could it also be something else? it does it even when i do super short ones.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Trachito
****!!! dude, ur back looks like it has raw steak on it.

does this kind of meticulus maintanance (in particular the set screw adjustment) also apply to the f4i? how often? i've noticed that when my rear tire comes up, my front wheel vibrates a bit. i dont have a stabilizer, so that could be it but could it also be something else? it does it even when i do super short ones.
your head bearings are probably loose i have never heard of a honda fork breaking and the newer 636's forks are made by the same company that makes the honda forks
Old 09-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
your head bearings are probably loose i have never heard of a honda fork breaking and the newer 636's forks are made by the same company that makes the honda forks
head bearings. bearings on the front axle?

does that mean that the f4i is maintenance free or everybody checks their **** often? cuz i've nevere checked my **** and i really should. the new 636 forks are the good ones now, right?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

head bearings. bearings on the front axle?

does that mean that the f4i is maintenance free or everybody checks their **** often? cuz i've nevere checked my **** and i really should. the new 636 forks are the good ones now, right?
no head bearings are the ones that allow your tripple to turn and yes the 05 06 636 forks are better then the 03 04
Old 09-08-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
no head bearings are the ones that allow your tripple to turn and yes the 05 06 636 forks are better then the 03 04
okie dokie. i'll check them out then. thanks, dude. oh yeah, the vibration is vertical, by the way. i should have said that earlier. its like the tire vibrates up and down, not side to side. at least thats what i saw when my boy endo'd my bike. i'll check the head bearings out anyway.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:28 AM

RoKeT-RiDeR is a decent person

Thanks for the pics and advice guys. I'll definatly be looking into repacing those shocks before next summer.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:59 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

does that mean that the f4i is maintenance free
pretty much
Old 09-10-2007, 01:39 AM
wheres all the fat girls

martino is a decent person

Ryan, the 07 forks will fit the 03-04 front rim?

anyone know if swapping to 05-06 forks requires a new front rim?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:45 AM
also known as OMR

the 05 06 fork tube fit in the 03 04 tripple and the 03 wheel will fit also but you will need the rotors off an 05 06 because the 05 06 forks mount the caliper 10mm further back then the 03 so all you will need is the fork tubes and rotors from the 05 06

Last edited by old man roger; 09-10-2007 at 01:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:47 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Are my forks realy going to snap?

Originally Posted by letsride
Yes, if they have over 10k miles they are junk. I have a set with low miles for sale. Cheap

Are you sure? Mine had 47,000 street miles on them before I started riding the 636 and now they have 9 more months of stunt riding on then and they are still solid.

Quick Reply: Are my forks realy going to snap?