Tyger shark

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:02 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Tyger shark

I've heard so much good **** about this cage. Has anyone ever had a bad experience with them? I'm buying a F4i in a couple months and I was stuck on a SI cage but I keep hearing so much good about tygershark I'm starting to change my mind. I want the strongest one by tygershark. I think the spring loaded sliders sound like an awsome Idea as well.

So does anyone have anything bad to say about them?
Old 09-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tyger shark

the price and thats it. u can almost buy 2 of any other kind. dont get me wrong i run the first style before it was Tyger Shark. Tomas (some ****) and that one is bullit proof. so i would like it is just as good
Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Justin-
the price and thats it. u can almost buy 2 of any other kind. dont get me wrong i run the first style before it was Tyger Shark. Tomas (some ****) and that one is bullit proof. so i would like it is just as good
Yeah I know there a bit pricy. Don't they have a warrenty though?
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

My boy had a tygershark. Dropped it from 12 and busted the cage and stator cover. Sent it back and waited a month before getting a new one. I've dropped my SI 100+ times and never had a problem. Best cage IMO
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

on my old F4i with a tygershark- broken stator cover, broken clutch cover, broken engine tab, exploded slider, shitty welds that didnt penetrate the steel plate that mounts to the lower portion of the frame (which for those of you who dont know is like glueing steel together)caused the cage to seperate itself from the plate. they do however come with a warranty, but i sold my bike before i could get a new one.

now, rocking SI and the only complaint i have is somehow it makes a weird noise at about 4grand even though everything is tight and snugg.

-mexican mayhem
Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Too much $$, lifetime warranty is nice but if your like me and switch bikes every 6 months that warranty means nothing. I'm a huge fan of powers, I don't really like SI cages.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM

Nellie636 is a decent person

well i live in the same town as tygershark and i got his cage on my 636, ive only dropped my bike a few times its held up so far, as far as quality goes it depends on which one u buy. if you talk to bruce himself he'll recomend the apex predator its his newest and to him its the strongest ( stress test was parking a 4 door tahoe on it) and it didnt even budge. but ive seen his street cages break at the welds, but thats the street ones not the stunt. plus the benefit with tygershark if your like me and not always stuntin you can still bang the twistys with the cage on their no problem.

Last edited by Nellie636; 09-06-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nellie636
well i live in the same town as tygershark and i got his cage on my 636, ive only dropped my bike a few times its held up so far, as far as quality goes it depends on which one u buy. if you talk to bruce himself he'll recomend the apex predator its his newest and to him its the strongest ( stress test was parking a 4 door tahoe on it) and it didnt even budge. but ive seen his street cages break at the welds, but thats the street ones not the stunt. plus the benefit with tygershark if your like me and not always stuntin you can still bang the twistys with the cage on their no problem.
parking a tahoe on top of the cage only shows the strength of the steel. the cages break at the welds because they are shitty welds, either they're not getting hot enough or he needs to bevel the edges to ensure penetration. not knocking the design just the weld quality.

-mexican mayhem
Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Well good to know.
I used to want a powers cage for the F4i and I was set on that, but I like the clearence with the SI cage. Anyone had problems with a powers cage? Just keeping my options open.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:43 PM

pgpaintballer77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Si Ftw
Old 09-06-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
Well good to know.
I used to want a powers cage for the F4i and I was set on that, but I like the clearence with the SI cage. Anyone had problems with a powers cage? Just keeping my options open.
every cage has its +'s and -'s, its all personal preference.

-mexican mayhem
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by stock05
every cage has its +'s and -'s, its all personal preference.

-mexican mayhem
Thats a good point. I guess I'm eather going to go with Powers or SI. I don't imagin me being upset with eather. Leaning towards SI.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Javon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
on my old F4i with a tygershark- broken stator cover, broken clutch cover, broken engine tab, exploded slider, shitty welds that didnt penetrate the steel plate that mounts to the lower portion of the frame (which for those of you who dont know is like glueing steel together)caused the cage to seperate itself from the plate. they do however come with a warranty, but i sold my bike before i could get a new one.

now, rocking SI and the only complaint i have is somehow it makes a weird noise at about 4grand even though everything is tight and snugg.

-mexican mayhem
No cage is good enough for someone who crashes 9 out of ten wheelies,you dont even have a bike and you havent had one in like a year!I'v broke one stator cover with the old style,now I got the new one and I havent had any problems.YOU CANT BUY A CAGE AND GET SKILLS WITH IT.Halla blox when you get a bike and i'll get you a deal on a tyger shark and i'll hook you up with some free lessons.

Name:  jdriftbabb.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  80.4 KB

Last edited by Javon; 09-06-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Javon
No cage is good enough for someone who crashes 9 out of ten wheelies,you dont even have a bike and you havent had one in like a year!I'v broke one stator cover with the old style,now I got the new one and I havent had any problems.YOU CANT BUY A CAGE AND GET SKILLS WITH IT.Halla blox when you get a bike and i'll get you a deal on a tyger shark and i'll hook you up with some free lessons.
oh my halfrican friend, when i get back to cali i got a few new things to show you. ive been back on a bike for a little over a month and a half. ill even show you my new spot that ive hiding at.

-mexican mayhem
Old 09-06-2007, 06:36 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

what cons dose the Si cage have ??????
that **** is all you need !!!!!!!!
i have a scrape works cage and ezec has a Si cage and broader has a powers
scrape works = awesome (for f4i) just to much money and it is hard to get ahold of johnny U
powers = SUCKS roles the bike to the passenger pegs and breaks them or rolls to the front and breaks clip-ons/dirt bars
Si = never really seen a problem they bend a bit but for the falls i have seen anything would bend

so i would say go buy a Si cage for 2 bills and be just as happy as spending 3 or 4
Old 09-06-2007, 06:41 PM

Javon is an unknown quantity at this point

but u still need ur own bike! road rash chic is holding a clinic for you guys so u better make it!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Javon
but u still need ur own bike! road rash chic is holding a clinic for you guys so u better make it!
::lmao:: oh **** you nukka, you'll see when i get back, i'll be by on my new hotness.

-mexican mayhem
Old 09-06-2007, 06:55 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

rocket , please buy SI ...I ve dropped my bike alot and it takes a good beating.

You wont be disappoint with SI...dont go after the looks and price....SI is just right and the price is so beautiful...how can you beat that ????
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM

Ya after reading these post I'll just go with the SI. Seems to have the most fans. Ans it doesn't cost alot eather. Can't wait till snows gone I'm gonna have a phat stunter.:YEAH I've wanted a F4i for so long. I'll have my R1 paid of in like 2 or 3 months & then its F4i shoping time.
Gonna be sweet having a bike that can get dropped whenever and not care. And with all the tickets I've goten this year thinking I'm gonna be spending alot of time in the lots next year. And I'll still have my R1 for a mint street ride.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

sick innovations is the best for the f4i by far. i ride with a couple of people that rock the tyger sharks they are constantly working on them they roll onto the clipons and tank and rear fairing. i personaly think they suck ***** and are way over priced.

Quick Reply: Tyger shark