tank filler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:49 PM

simplesurvival is a decent person
tank filler?

what is everyone usin as filler for for a super spreader dent, mine looks haggard, bondo, jb weld, quik steel, play doh?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough
Re: tank filler?

Originally Posted by simplesurvival
what is everyone usin as filler for for a super spreader dent, mine looks haggard, bondo, jb weld, quik steel, play doh?
jb weld ? quick steel ? as a filler ?? The answer is A. bondo
Old 09-06-2007, 04:01 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PLAYA-P
jb weld ? quick steel ? as a filler ?? The answer is A. bondo
+1 bondo

btw, does anyone know if bondo will hold up to gas?..

I need to patch 2 pin holes in the top of my tank, and my friend said to just use bondo and it would seal it..

but i'd hate to bondo it, spend hours sanding and painting it, and have the gas eat through it eventually...
Old 09-06-2007, 04:10 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
+1 bondo

btw, does anyone know if bondo will hold up to gas?..

I need to patch 2 pin holes in the top of my tank, and my friend said to just use bondo and it would seal it..

but i'd hate to bondo it, spend hours sanding and painting it, and have the gas eat through it eventually...
I heard gas will go right through the bondo. And JB eventually. You should get it welded.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:12 PM

simplesurvival is a decent person

have seen bondo seperate from pin holes, tha jb weld quik steel play doh was jk. just wanted to be sure that there wasnt sumthin really cool i never heard about. sorry for tha confusion. has any one tried that 2 part boat hull epoxy. head porters use that inside ports so it s gotta be fuel resistant?right?

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

i have used jb for small holes on the tank and it holds up

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
I heard gas will go right through the bondo. And JB eventually. You should get it welded.
i've just heard once you weld it, it ruins the coating on the inside of the tank, and then the tank rusts real fast..

I used some shitty stuff from walmart called "Seal all" it said it was a gas tank sealer... It worked for about 3 months, then started leaking again

And i've tried jb weld long ago, and it definitely breaks down to gas real quick
Old 09-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Justin- is an unknown quantity at this point

i've just heard once you weld it, it ruins the coating on the inside of the tank, and then the tank rusts real fast..

I used some shitty stuff from walmart called "Seal all" it said it was a gas tank sealer... It worked for about 3 months, then started leaking again

And i've tried jb weld long ago, and it definitely breaks down to gas real quick
i have jb weld around the gas cap and in some small spots on my tank and its been holding up for about a year or so.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:17 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a dented F4i tank that was welded & its fine. It was on a bike for awile and no problems. I got it from big r 508. Its been off the bike for awhile and sitting in my closet but looks fine.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Justin-
i have used jb for small holes on the tank and it holds up
+1, me too
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Justin-
i have jb weld around the gas cap and in some small spots on my tank and its been holding up for about a year or so.
my tank leaks around the cap at the bottom, it ate my stompgrip off
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

you asked for a filler, not a sealer ...I used something similar to quick steel to seal up a crease and that has worked good with no leaks..If ya just want to even the dent and make it look nice for paint use bondo
Old 09-06-2007, 05:42 PM

jstein is a decent person

i used some stuff from walmart called quick steel to fix a couple holes in my tank were some genius before me used too long of a bolt. last i checked, it was holding good with no leaks for 5+ years. granted it was only a 250 ninja but it held up. i just made sure it had a good clean bare metal surface to bond to.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:50 PM

Seal Clubber is an unknown quantity at this point

jb weld then bondo
Old 09-06-2007, 05:57 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

have your tank welded, make sure you fill it with water and when the welding is done use a sealer to protect it from rust. as far as filler goes use "kitty hair" long strand fiber glass filler, ive been in the collision repair industry for almost 8 years, trust me.

-mexican mayhem