Clutching wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:57 AM

bikerboy86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Clutching wheelies

ok, after gettin rid of my POS ninja zx600e and buying a 03 r6, i found it a lot easier to power wheelies with a lighter bike. however a few weeks ago i was playin around in a parking lot and tried to clutch a wheelie... after a few hours practice i found it was a hell of a lot easier to get the front end off the ground and hold it close to bp longer. although i haven't really tried shifting during a wheelie, i have started to clutch wheelies in second gear, which is a smoother gear to wheelie in and can hold it so much longer...

now my question is how hard is it on your clutch to clutch wheelies? my buddies all power wheelie and say i'm gonna hafta replace my clutch... but i figure better the clutch than the motor when i keep redlining tryin to hold up power wheelies...

anyhow, will my clutch have to be replaced soon or is it not that big of a deal?
Old 09-06-2007, 12:09 PM

Juar3z is a decent person
Re: Clutching wheelies

forget clutching this works way better!.....

Old 09-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

jesus christ, ur friends are all morons. what the **** do they know?????? once u get the idea of clutching it up, it's a lot safer than friggin power wheelies. from my experience, u dont need as much road and it's a much more stable way of bringing it up. and my bike is years old, formerly stunted by Tice, and now being fucked up by urs truly and the clutch is still as fine as a high end hooker. trust me, ur a-ok. tell ur power wheelieing friends who dont know **** to go do some research. i may not be a great stunter, but i at least do research before i talk like i know every ****** thing, unlike ur squid friends. anyway, keep practicing dude. ur headed in the right direction. ur friends.... they'll prolly end up in a ditch.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Hmmm well i have an 04 and i bought it brandnew and I started clutch wheelies like 4months after getting it and my clutch still works perfectly fine
Old 09-06-2007, 12:19 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

My bad.. Read that wrong.. It was ur friends that are stupid i guess haha..

anyways clutches are cheap.. 100 bucks fo a good kit.. Easy to replace 2..

Last edited by -matt g-; 09-06-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM

GORBO is a decent person

clutching is the way to do it
Old 09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

don't worry about clutches it will take a while before you need them, but i have a honda tho
Old 09-06-2007, 01:07 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

power wheelies are gay! leave those for the track guys..
Old 09-06-2007, 01:10 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person

Clutch it up.. no need to chase wheelies. As far as the damage goes its not that big a deal.

Last edited by StuntLine C.C.; 09-06-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:11 PM

StuntLine C.C. is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juar3z
forget clutching this works way better!.....

Oh ya and this thing is awesome!!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM

i gonna hafta get one of those...
alright thanx guys i won't worry about my clutch...

keep the front end up!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:57 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i did like 2 power wheelies since i owned my bike,i went straight to clutching..
Old 09-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

24k miles on my f4i, been clutching up wheelies on this bike since 12k, clutch still grabs fine
Old 09-06-2007, 02:14 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
power wheelies are gay! leave those for the track guys..
yes, but it does look pretty cool when the motgp dudes slide out of the last corner and ride pow pow 2 foot off the ground all the way down a straight right thru the checkers at a 160
Old 09-06-2007, 02:47 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by __sam__
yes, but it does look pretty cool when the motgp dudes slide out of the last corner and ride pow pow 2 foot off the ground all the way down a straight right thru the checkers at a 160
i see **** like that all the time. ****** attention ******.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Trachito
jesus christ, ur friends are all morons. what the **** do they know?????? once u get the idea of clutching it up, it's a lot safer than friggin power wheelies. from my experience, u dont need as much road and it's a much more stable way of bringing it up. and my bike is years old, formerly stunted by Tice, and now being fucked up by urs truly and the clutch is still as fine as a high end hooker. trust me, ur a-ok. tell ur power wheelieing friends who dont know **** to go do some research. i may not be a great stunter, but i at least do research before i talk like i know every ****** thing, unlike ur squid friends. anyway, keep practicing dude. ur headed in the right direction. ur friends.... they'll prolly end up in a ditch.
+1!
When I started learning wheelies I was powering and not using the rear brake, and I paid the price. Now days, its all clutch and rear brake, and it got me to the point were im counting miles not blocks, and turning and slowing down if needed. Pretty much second nature for me now.

Your "friends" are retarded and gunna hate you when your skill level blows past them! I hope your using your rear brake too!!! Keep it up playa, you are for sure moving in the right direction.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM

Rigo is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep doing cluth wheelies they are way much easier to control. I've had two different stunt bikes cluth the **** out of both of them and never had to replace a cluth yet. Just use your rear brake and don't worry about changing gears it won't be necessary if your at balance point.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:07 PM

talkin about mile-long wheelies... let me raise another question...
do you need a "rear-oil pickup" if you're doin long wheelies?
not that i'm that good yet, lol but i've always wondered if this was a myth or if you'll really blow up you motor cuz no oil gets to it...
anybody know?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by HallFace929
Your "friends" are retarded and gunna hate you when your skill level blows past them! I hope your using your rear brake too!!! Keep it up playa, you are for sure moving in the right direction.
amen, brutha. i remember when i first started researching proper clutching (i didn't even have the technique down yet), some throttle goosing friends of mine said that they couldnt clutch up their 1000 gixxers because it was too much power, so power wheelies were the way to go. and they'd been riding way longer than me. i, however, had done my research and told them how a good stunter can clutch up anything. shut them the hell up. ****** know-it-all squids.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by bikerboy86
talkin about mile-long wheelies... let me raise another question...
do you need a "rear-oil pickup" if you're doin long wheelies?
not that i'm that good yet, lol but i've always wondered if this was a myth or if you'll really blow up you motor cuz no oil gets to it...
anybody know?
gixxers certainly need them. i have an f4i and it doesnt need it, and my buddies have 636's and R6's and they dont have them either. we just fill it up a little bit extra.

Quick Reply: Clutching wheelies