Clutching wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 03:24 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person
Re: Clutching wheelies

Originally Posted by Trachito
amen, brutha. i remember when i first started researching proper clutching (i didn't even have the technique down yet), some throttle goosing friends of mine said that they couldnt clutch up their 1000 gixxers because it was too much power, so power wheelies were the way to go. and they'd been riding way longer than me. i, however, had done my research and told them how a good stunter can clutch up anything. shut them the hell up. ****** know-it-all squids.

i have a 220 hp (with nos) at the wheel r1 that i use for my race bike. i clutch it up in "1rst" gear all the time. i dont even **** with second gear.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:25 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

your friends will burn up thier clutches before you do...with thier gay racing launches and clutch dragging burnouts
Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by TL MILLER
your friends will burn up thier clutches before you do...with thier gay racing launches and clutch dragging burnouts
very good point!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:33 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Bought new with 0 miles, 02 F4i with 30,200 miles it's been regeared the whole time ..only clutched wheelies since day one, thanks to research on S.L.
Had to replace countless clutch levers, but never had replace anything else..still works like a champ with no slippage
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 PM

zackstunt420 is a decent person

clutchin is good for slower wheelies i guess. cause you not goin as fast startmg it, but if you just pinn it, youll go fast. ;like when i wanna do a slow(er) wheeelie. i clutch it up. but if im going 20 r what ever i just oull back and oinn it. idk im just.ugh **** it
Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stuntfalife
clutchin is good for slower wheelies i guess. cause you not goin as fast startmg it, but if you just pinn it, youll go fast. ;like when i wanna do a slow(er) wheeelie. i clutch it up. but if im going 20 r what ever i just oull back and oinn it. idk im just.ugh **** it
clutch it up, youngin'

...and type a little more clearly.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

ay if ur wheelyin that 2stoke dirtbike then ude better be careful i heard the 2stoke will flip u ina quick sec i save wheelies for 4stokes
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM

rippedbx is a decent person

Originally Posted by bornreadybc
ay if ur wheelyin that 2stoke dirtbike then ude better be careful i heard the 2stoke will flip u ina quick sec i save wheelies for 4stokes
true, but 2-strokes will teach ya good throttle control. Plus no one should be scared to play with balance point on a dirt bike cause they're cheap to fix and made to take a beating.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 PM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

every1 i see doin wheelies ona 2stroke chops the throttle so how the f???
plus how does the fact that its either power ON or OFF help for transition to a streetbike w/ throttle control?

not tryna knock yu, just askin
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

Originally Posted by rippedbx
true, but 2-strokes will teach ya good throttle control. Plus no one should be scared to play with balance point on a dirt bike cause they're cheap to fix and made to take a beating.
+1 I learned on my CRF100
Old 09-06-2007, 08:39 PM

but thats a 4stroke i agree you can learn some general things i mean look at that hawaiian who posted that video of his 2nd day and he was almost rockin BP, caz he usta ride a 4stroke supermoto, but i dont understand how a 2stroke dirtbike will teach you THROTTLE CONTROL, i mean isnt it right that most people chop it when doin wheelies ona 2stroke????
Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM

rippedbx is a decent person

every1 i see doin wheelies ona 2stroke chops the throttle so how the f???
plus how does the fact that its either power ON or OFF help for transition to a streetbike w/ throttle control?
true, its way different. And there is alot of choppin the throttle, but anyone that can hold a wheelie on a 2-stroke can learn how to wheelie a streetbike no prob.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

but thats a 4stroke i agree you can learn some general things i mean look at that hawaiian who posted that video of his 2nd day and he was almost rockin BP, caz he usta ride a 4stroke supermoto, but i dont understand how a 2stroke dirtbike will teach you THROTTLE CONTROL, i mean isnt it right that most people chop it when doin wheelies ona 2stroke????
i don't

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote