Dies in gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person
Dies in gear

Been riding the stunter all day. Kill it for about 30mins. Get back on it and everytime i shift into gear it dies. Almost like the kick satnd safety switch is on, but the biatch has been disconnected for ever. Bike runs perfect in neutral but dies while shifting to any gear.....Any ideas on this one......=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 07:03 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: Dies in gear

it's either the kickstand switch or the clutch switch.one of those are your problem
Old 09-03-2007, 07:08 PM

Both of them are disconnected, i know for a fact because i disconnected them a long time ago. Its been running perfect every since. How does that affect it now if they are disconnected....One more thing.....In neutral the fuel pump is on, when i stick in gear the fuel pump shuts off (kills the bike)....If i try 2 turn key on in gear, fuel pump is still off......Use to never do that, i could always crank it no matter what....=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Can you start it in gear with the clutch pulled in??
Old 09-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Both of them are disconnected, i know for a fact because i disconnected them a long time ago. Its been running perfect every since. How does that affect it now if they are disconnected....One more thing.....In neutral the fuel pump is on, when i stick in gear the fuel pump shuts off (kills the bike)....If i try 2 turn key on in gear, fuel pump is still off......Use to never do that, i could always crank it no matter what....=-)
Sounds like the kickstand switch to me, what did you do to disconnect them?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by mofat01
Can you start it in gear with the clutch pulled in??
Nope, can not start in gear even with clutch pulled in. Fuel pump isnt turning on if the bike is in gear. Works great in neutral. But as soon as i find a gear the fuel pump dies.....My KS switch is cut in half to disconnect it. Tried everything at that point to get it to run in gear but doesnt......I have no left control switches, so the clutch safety isnt connected (hense its inside the control switch)......Man this is PMO.....=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 07:54 PM

well, i think the clutch switch is a normally open switch so just taking the control off does it on Hondas.so that is probably not it.it''s in the KS switch circut some where.what the KS switch does if i'm not mistaken on hondas is kill the fuel supply (shuting off the pump) same thing goes for the tip sensor (shuts off the pump) you probably just have those cut wires their grounding.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

kickstand or clutch switch for sure, you did it wrong
Old 09-03-2007, 08:02 PM

Tip sensor is also disconnected, but IF it were tip sensor problem, the bike wouldnt crank no matter what...Im like everyone ele im looking into the KS switch. I just dont see how or where something can be wrong. I can put the cut end going to the kick stand into my hand (away from any possible ground). Try to get it to run in gear and no go.....I swear its pissin me off. I know its something simple, i just dont know what. I cant think of very many reason the cut wire from the KS can give me a problem....Is it possible it can be anything else, that im over looking.......=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 08:06 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

There are 2 wires on the kickstand switch, right? Twist them together and try again.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by jcrojas
There are 2 wires on the kickstand switch, right? Twist them together and try again.
Tried that also, that was really my 1st thought. But there was still no change in the situation........*****!!!!!!!!!.....=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 08:11 PM

no it's not the tip sensor you read it wrong or i wrote it wrong.check your fuses if you havent already and then trace the KS to the plug and disconnect it from there.i cant remember if honda uses a open or closed curcuit on the KS but try either leaving them apart or twist them together
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by jcrojas
damn your quick...

check the fuses...you could have the wires rubbing somewhere as it winds it's way up and around the sprocket cover and all. disconnect it at the plug and check for continuity
Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
damn your quick...

check the fuses...you could have the wires rubbing somewhere as it winds it's way up and around the sprocket cover and all. disconnect it at the plug and check for continuity
Yeah ive pretty much covered all of that, LoL....2 years of electonice in college taught me alot but not enough, LMAO...Can anyone tell me where the other end of the KS safety switch connects at on the 929. not the Kickstand end, but the other end of that wire. Im thinking the problem could be at the other side of my CUT....So maybe im looking on the wrong side of the wiring right now....Anyone know where that other end goes?...=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 09:11 PM

Engine Stop Relay....does anyone think that may be causing the problem...=-)
Old 09-03-2007, 11:15 PM

if you take the seat off you should see the plug.it might even be under the tank. take the seat off and prop the tank up...move the KS wire till you see what plug it is
Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 PM

spoondogg is a decent person

try push starting it
Old 09-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

if you lose the relay at the back of the wiring harness it wont run either, when my came loose my bike ran like dog *** so i could always tell it was time to plug it back in all the way, haha
Old 09-04-2007, 01:35 AM

Well after pulling the tank up and playing with the wires. Found the main plug where KS switch ran to, wires at the main plug came untwisted. So this fixed the gear problem. Well after i sat the tank back down, i had sparks jumping from the tank to the frame. Pulled it up AGAIN, looking for another problem. Didnt find the problem, checked all my fuses at the fuse box...Problem is NOW i cant get a ****** thing to work...Its like the whole bike has just shut down. Theres a main Fuse somewhere, i just cant find it. I knew where it was on my old Slozuki, but i havent found it on this damn Honda YET.....Any more ideas...=-)
Old 09-04-2007, 01:38 AM

Found my 2nd problem. Blew the main 30A fuse by the battery. Biatch was hidden and i didnt expect it to be that easy to find, LMAO....Well i'll get another fuse tomorrow, but for sure thats the reason why im getting nothing out of it, hehe....=-)

Last edited by ReSpECT; 09-04-2007 at 02:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Dies in gear