Be on Spike TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:41 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Be on Spike TV

Spike TV is doing a show called Pros vs. Joes. The casting call ends on Sept. 15th so get in early. They need "Joes" amateur stunters, never competed not a paid pro rider doing exhibitions, they need amateurs willing to bring up their game and compete with professionals.

I just pitched some pros to them today, so if they get some amateur contact/interest, we stand a good chance of getting a few great riders on TV repping stunters to the Spike TV viewing audience. Who will love you.

Get a clip together, and in the meantime, look at this link, there's an email and phone contact for Mess Media. Get in touch and put the thought in their minds that this is a good idea for that show, and you're their guy. The contact to sign amateur riders was very quick to get back in touch with me, hopefully he will be for you, too.

http://spike.ifilm.com/spike/prosvsjoescasting/

Thanks, good luck, hope to see you guys on something besides Superbikes and Cops
Old 08-28-2007, 01:45 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Be on Spike TV

Originally Posted by excessa
Spike TV is doing a show called Pros vs. Joes. The casting call ends on Sept. 15th so get in early. They need "Joes" amateur stunters, never competed not a paid pro rider doing exhibitions, they need amateurs willing to bring up their game and compete with professionals.

I just pitched some pros to them today, so if they get some amateur contact/interest, we stand a good chance of getting a few great riders on TV repping stunters to the Spike TV viewing audience. Who will love you.

Get a clip together, and in the meantime, look at this link, there's an email and phone contact for Mess Media. Get in touch and put the thought in their minds that this is a good idea for that show, and you're their guy. The contact to sign amateur riders was very quick to get back in touch with me, hopefully he will be for you, too.

http://spike.ifilm.com/spike/prosvsjoescasting/

Thanks, good luck, hope to see you guys on something besides Superbikes and Cops

Ill sign up!
Old 08-28-2007, 02:02 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I'll be spotting ringers for them.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:11 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Ill do the color commentary
Old 08-28-2007, 02:14 PM

You're perfect for it, way better than some dick who doesn't know what he's talking about trying to describe the action.

There's a joke in there somewhere, but it's too soon...
Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 PM

I know the clutch is on the left
Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense Excessa but this idea is pretty dumb. I've watched this show plenty of times and "stunt riding" will never be part of this show unless every single contestant is already some sort of amateur rider and also knows how to play all the other sports as well.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:58 PM

Hm. I'll have to look into it deeper, from the casting call page it seemed like something that stunters could do. You all are pretty tough and can learn things.

Maybe we could come up with a decent pitch for a spinoff show that is more focused.

When I wrote, I was under the impression that the show was more focused. (ie football fans playing against football stars)

I'd like to see a show like that, where pro stunters and amateur stunters face off. I have never seen it.

I was just combing the internet for a place to inject stunters into Spike TVs line up when I saw the casting call and read the little page. Opportunities are rarely perfect. But sometimes they provide you with raw material. I am disappointed to hear the show may not be as I pictured it apparently.

If it's something unfocused with a million different things going on like that, you're right that would be a dumb idea. I'll do some more recon, hopefuly they've changed the format.

But either way, it is always good to hit up sports show casting calls and wouldn't be a bad idea to keep stunters on Spike TVs radar.

Last edited by excessa; 08-28-2007 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:01 PM

It might be a good idea to send in clips anyhow, even if it is a show where all the contestants have to play everything. I think the stunters would dominate the whole season that way, everyone else would die on the bike portion...

Hopefully though they've refined the idea for next season.

Besides if you send clips to this guy, he'll see them, and if it's something he's never seen before and he likes it, he may magically get an idea for a show about stunters.

It is always worth a try.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:07 PM

Here is the "about the show" page:

http://spike.ifilm.com/spike/prosvsj...ting/about.pdf

It doesn't give much info. I just wrte a two sentence pitch for pros vs joes to the extreme, with snowboarding FMX, Streetbike freestyle and wakeboarding.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
No offense Excessa but this idea is pretty dumb. I've watched this show plenty of times and "stunt riding" will never be part of this show unless every single contestant is already some sort of amateur rider and also knows how to play all the other sports as well.
i agree, its not just about one sport, i think 3 different sports so i don't think stunting would work. plus it seems like the people they get to be the joe's are not very athletic anyway. but thats my from the episodes i saw.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
i agree, its not just about one sport, i think 3 different sports so i don't think stunting would work. plus it seems like the people they get to be the joe's are not very athletic anyway. but thats my from the episodes i saw.
Hey you guys are awesome. He wants us to stop calling, because they got such a massive response! You're right Farley it's a bad fit with that show, but based on interest he suggested I pitch it right to the executives at Spike as a separate project, that is more fitted to streetbikes.

You all rule.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:51 PM

You guys had better stop calling before we annoy them, but the response is perfect! Sorry that show isn't what I thought it was, but there's no reason why the show I thought it was can't also be a show.

Since that link and those numbers are for the "joes" casting director we'll be talking to someone else past this point. But I'm pretty sure the fact that there was a huge amount of interest right off the bat means we're more interesting than if I had just pitched stunting myself and then waited for a response from Spike.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:53 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I have never done a comp! but they don't want me cuz they like the pro's to win! and that **** wont happen if i'm in it!!
Old 08-28-2007, 03:54 PM

I'm drafting a pitch for a show stunters can be in. Help me out, what do you guys think would be cool.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Pros vs Joes, i think they want to use people at somewhat of a celebrity status. Stunt riders are a little far behind, haha
Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

this will never work with stunting...
Old 08-28-2007, 06:37 PM

i think it would be cool..

the joes only have to do one sport
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

The joes have to do 4 diff. sports on that show.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:36 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

who did you pitch to them?

Quick Reply: Be on Spike TV