Subframe Bracing

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 10:50 PM

Tony2k2R1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Subframe Bracing

i have a 05 gxsr600 and i keep getting small stress cracks in my subframe .... people are always telling me how the subframe on my bikes so weak and to brace it but have no idea what to use to where to use it... at this point im ready to get out the TIG and PLAZA and make my own subframe... well any input or suggestions is awesome!! thanx:YEAH
Old 08-22-2007, 02:11 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Subframe Bracing

Find a scrapeworks subframe to copy.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you send me the tig and the plazma cutter i will make you any thing you want for your bike....lol
Old 08-22-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you send me the tig and the plazma cutter i will make you any thing you want for your bike....lol
hahaha yea i bet! a few high priced things i almost NEVER use
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

i was fortunate enough to find a guy here that can actually weld that **** and it hold, he welded 1/8 plating over all the holes and two 1/4 in strips right behind the seat latch and filled some of the crevis's in.....

i also have brace bars running from the front peg mount to the front rear peg mount and haven't had any problems what so ever......

hit me up if you'd like him to do it, i think he charged me $150, def worth the money, i bought 4 last year cuz they're so brittle...., but none since he's welded it
Old 08-22-2007, 11:15 AM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to ride an 05 gsxr600.
Get ride of the sub frame and buy a 2003 gsxr1000 sub frame. Grind the points down just a little in the front were it mounts to the frame. You will also need to get the seats. but you can use yours. And get the batterie tray.
Once you do the switch you will be golden! You can ask anyone who knows me. I used to guerrilla scrape the **** out of it!

I went threw 4 subframes that cost me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Be4 finding this out.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
I used to ride an 05 gsxr600.
Get ride of the sub frame and buy a 2003 gsxr1000 sub frame. Grind the points down just a little in the front were it mounts to the frame. You will also need to get the seats. but you can use yours. And get the batterie tray.
Once you do the switch you will be golden! You can ask anyone who knows me. I used to guerrilla scrape the **** out of it!

I went threw 4 subframes that cost me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Be4 finding this out.
im diffently gonna check into that one!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
i was fortunate enough to find a guy here that can actually weld that **** and it hold, he welded 1/8 plating over all the holes and two 1/4 in strips right behind the seat latch and filled some of the crevis's in.....

i also have brace bars running from the front peg mount to the front rear peg mount and haven't had any problems what so ever......

hit me up if you'd like him to do it, i think he charged me $150, def worth the money, i bought 4 last year cuz they're so brittle...., but none since he's welded it

Pics?
Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

i know some one that has a custom made one for an 04 or an 05 gixxer.. forget what year it is but he doesn't use it.. i could ask him if he's willin to sell it.. i can get some pics if you want.. has a custom 12 bar on it.. the guy doesnt use it cause the plastics dont fit around it and he like riding full fairing stunters...

heres a pic of it when he had it installed..

Old 08-22-2007, 12:32 PM

SuicideMyk is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was browsing through HAI I noticed that SI makes a subframe cage for the Honda F4I

http://www.haibikeshop.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1506

190$ aint a bad price

if you go on the SI site it says coming soon for 04-05 gsxr 600

http://www.sickinnovations.com/subframes.htm
Old 08-22-2007, 01:56 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just run the straps from the passenger pegs to the rearsets and you should never have any problem again. If you weld braces all over the subframe that should even hold better.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
i know some one that has a custom made one for an 04 or an 05 gixxer.. forget what year it is but he doesn't use it.. i could ask him if he's willin to sell it.. i can get some pics if you want.. has a custom 12 bar on it.. the guy doesnt use it cause the plastics dont fit around it and he like riding full fairing stunters...

heres a pic of it when he had it installed..

interested!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:57 PM

i would buy that SI one but they have had coming soon for like ever now.. and not having my **** sucks
Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Tony2k2R1
i would buy that SI one but they have had coming soon for like ever now.. and not having my **** sucks
i sell OMR SUBCAGES for the 04 05 gsxr 600 ......$175 shipped

i don't have any pics of a gsxr but they all pretty much look like this

subframe cages won't stop your subframe from breaking in a gorrilla scrape but they do help keep them from tweeking from side to side

Last edited by old man roger; 08-22-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:07 PM

this one was a ****** stupid mistake but the last time i broke one i was doing like a no hander 12 and when i went to go back to the bars i blipped the throttle and well that was the end of that lol, i think i need to either by a good one or just make my own....
Old 08-22-2007, 08:38 PM

caffiene is a decent person

all gsxr subframe break easy including 1000's
Old 08-22-2007, 08:40 PM

always check your bolts also make sure there not loose
Old 08-22-2007, 09:06 PM
also known as OMR

i was gonna say that but i figured you knew that now....lol
Old 08-22-2007, 09:17 PM

always checked them but forgot once and both sides broke the same time but got it welded and loctite the bolts never had a problem since
Old 08-22-2007, 09:35 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 1/4 plate that runs the down both sides. basically it looks a solid peice of metal. some how that ended up make it crooked (idk). but then again really strong isnt good, brake the mounts off the frame. I am buying another one and lightly renforcing it and running straps to the front pegs. Making the switch to a round bar too.

Quick Reply: Subframe Bracing