took my cast off today.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
took my cast off today.......

(my hand was fractured)after 2 n half weeks and i cant move my fingers and my index is stuck to my midle finger it doesnt look or feel right at all..........is this normal????
Old 08-21-2007, 04:50 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: took my cast off today.......

There is good news.
All 10 of my fingers work fine.

JK bro mabey you should ask a doctor?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

+1 ask your doctor.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:56 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

He is going to ask his doctor which kind of crash cage he should use...
Old 08-21-2007, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Joker
He is going to ask his doctor which kind of crash cage he should use...
no..... i was gonna ask if it will affect clutch control!!! i already rock tygershark!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:09 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Ya That's Not Normal
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

******* capslock
Old 08-21-2007, 05:44 PM
MOT

MOT is an unknown quantity at this point

i just took my cast off from a broken hand also
i broke like my ring finger bone in my hand and my pinky and ring finger were stuck together just keep using it itll get normalish haha
i bought my new k5 1000 a week ago with it in a cast and i just couldnt let it sit for any longer with only 535 miles on it i had to start racking em up
Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM

people told me it would take a week after the cast comes off to regain full function of my hand......its just that it really hurts moving my fingers and my hand is still really swollen.....
Old 08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
MOT

MOT is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont know it was really weird mine NEVER once hurt for one second not even when the doctor reset it and even he was surprised
but a week is pretty quick if you ask me
ive had mine off for about 5 days and im still milking it scared itll break again
Old 08-21-2007, 05:50 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

It's definetly normal to not be able to move 'em. Your body starts to loose muscle memory control after two weeks. You'll start regaining motion soon. As for the one finger not looking/feeling right............if something was wrong, they would most likely have to re-break it to fix it.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DURTY
people told me it would take a week after the cast comes off to regain full function of my hand......its just that it really hurts moving my fingers and my hand is still really swollen.....
Uhhhh..........yeah..........it's suppose to still be in a cast, genius.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
if something was wrong, they would most likely have to re-break it to fix it.
well i have to go see the doc again in two weeks to see if everything will be normal if not he said ill need surgery
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Uhhhh..........yeah..........it's suppose to still be in a cast, genius.
wow.....the doc wanted it to come off today cuz he felt i need to work my fingers and that my fracture had very lil chance of braking again......
Old 08-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

why did you take your cast off?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Soup Mafia

nevermind
Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM

well i have to go see the doc again in two weeks to see if everything will be normal if not he said ill need surgery
"surgery" means he may have to re-break your hand and or fix other structural defects.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:00 PM

wow.....the doc wanted it to come off today cuz he felt i need to work my fingers and that my fracture had very lil chance of braking again......
My appologies........I thought the point of your thread was that YOU took your cast off. Seems strange that you are that swollen. Hope you get back to 100% soon.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:20 PM

skidmark is a decent person

it's kinda normal, i can't tell exactly w/o seeing it in person... after something like that you're gonna have to go through some rebab. be it physio or just **** you do yourself.

I broke my hand and I remember all the hours working it out all the time, slowly squeezing my hand into a ball, and slowly forcing the fingers with my other hand and the ultrasound treatments to help free up the scar tissue from the muscles.
I actually cut off my own cast after a week and made a velcro-cast/splint so I could do really light excersises so i would not lose as much muscle. Some good **** for you to slowly start doing are squeezing the gel-stress *****, then the hand crunch thing, and one of those gyro-***** when you start getting better. It'll take a while before you get that clutch/hb strength back. Take it slow cuz If you rush it you could really mess yerself up. Just ride 50's for a while. Thats what i do

Last edited by skidmark; 08-21-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by skidmark
it's kinda normal, i can't tell exactly w/o seeing it in person... after something like that you're gonna have to go through some rebab. be it physio or just **** you do yourself.

I broke my hand and I remember all the hours working it out all the time, slowly squeezing my hand into a ball, and slowly forcing the fingers with my other hand and the ultrasound treatments to help free up the scar tissue from the muscles.
I actually cut off my own cast after a week and made a velcro-cast/splint so I could do really light excersises so i would not lose as much muscle. Some good **** for you to slowly start doing are squeezing the gel-stress *****, then the hand crunch thing, and one of those gyro-***** when you start getting better

Right now I'm on crutches. Crushed my foot dirtbiking and I opted for no cast. Just a tensor, and light stretching and excersise. I put weight on it every day and mimic walking while I hobble around. Gotta work it out while you heal, otherwise you end up with a healed limb, but it's limp like a dead fish.

oh ya, make sure you know your injury. Don't make it worse by making the limb do too much too fast. It's gonna take time. And to get good clutch/hb strength back can be a while. If you rush it you could really mess yerself up. Just ride 50's for a while. That's what I do
thx 4 ur input!!! how long is the "rehab" gonna take before its as strong as it was before??? ...btw its my right hand.

Quick Reply: took my cast off today.......