took my cast off today.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 PM

skidmark is a decent person
Re: took my cast off today.......

I cut a bunch of that out, but I guess you read it before I edited it

I was pretty messed up, with pins holding my hand together and ****... so after the pins came out it took me around 4 weeks to be able to twist the throttle and have a good grip on it. I only had bone damage, so just a little muscle loss to work out and I was ok.

rehab to get to where you were can be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or 2. It all depends on what was damaged. Bones are the best cuz they just heal, and usually pretty well if they're set right. If you have tendon/ligament damage then that'll take longer. Seeing as how you said it's still pretty swolen and tight then you might have some ligament/tendon damage. When you stretch your ligaments/tendons then scar tissue forms on/around them and contracts, pulling the ligament/tendon together so that it can heal (or something like that). That's why it feels tight/hard and you can't bend the joint to a full range of motion. You gotta SLOWLY work that out cuz if you go too fast you just rip the scar tissue and you undo all the healing (and it'll really hurt).

You probably won't mess it up riding, The bad **** can happen when you bail cuz you'll try to save the bike or yourself, so don't try to save the bike or hold it up cuz that'll pull your hand/arm and stress the **** out of it. Let the cage do it's job. And DONT put your hands down to brake your fall. Wear forarm/elbow guards and let those take the hit.

Last edited by skidmark; 08-21-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
Re: took my cast off today.......

Originally Posted by skidmark
I cut a bunch of that out, but I guess you read it before I edited it

I was pretty messed up, with pins holding my hand together and ****... so after the pins came out it took me around 4 weeks to be able to twist the throttle and have a good grip on it. I only had bone damage, so just a little muscle loss to work out and I was ok.

rehab to get to where you were can be anywhere from 2 weeks to a month or 2. It all depends on what was damaged. Bones are the best cuz they just heal, and usually pretty well if they're set right. If you have tendon/ligament damage then that'll take longer. Seeing as how you said it's still pretty swolen and tight then you might have some ligament/tendon damage. When you stretch your ligaments/tendons then scar tissue forms on/around them and contracts, pulling the ligament/tendon together so that it can heal (or something like that). That's why it feels tight/hard and you can't bend the joint to a full range of motion. You gotta SLOWLY work that out cuz if you go too fast you just rip the scar tissue and you undo all the healing (and it'll really hurt).

You probably won't mess it up riding, The bad **** can happen when you bail cuz you'll try to save the bike or yourself, so don't try to save the bike or hold it up cuz that'll pull your hand/arm and stress the **** out of it. Let the cage do it's job. And DONT put your hands down to brake your fall. Wear forarm/elbow guards and let those take the hit.
cool thx bro...