Heal Broken Bones Faster

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:05 PM
myspace.com/deanellis

Dean Ellis is an unknown quantity at this point
Heal Broken Bones Faster

One of the most important influences on fracture healing is nutrition. The healing time for broken bones is influenced by a number of variables that are impacted by the availability of key nutrients to support bone healing and a healthy blood supply.
•Calcium: With vitamin D, essential combination for the production and maintenance of healthy bones and prevention of osteoporosis. Supplementation may reduce fracture rates by as much as 50%.•Vitamin D: Facilitates the absorption of calcium in the intestinal tract; can increase calcium absorption by 65%. Vitamin D deficiency is present in 40% of those admitted to the hospital for a hip fracture. Systemic vitamin D production decreases in the elderly, in people who are house bound, and during the winter.•Vitamin A: Helps promote the growth of strong bone and, along with beta carotene, is also an antioxidant and excellent free radical quencher. Deficiency has been linked with an increase in wound healing time.•Vitamin C: Important in repair of bones and connective tissue. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in the manufacture of collagen, which forms the connective tissue in skin, bones, teeth, cartilage, ligaments, vertebral discs, joint linings and capillary walls. If you are deficient in vitamin C, you may not have sufficient collagen production, meaning your fracture may not heal properly.•Vitamin E: Antioxidant that preserves essential cellular constituents. Deficiency of vitamin E can result in impaired vitamin A absorption.•Vitamin K: Plays an important role in the synthesis of a key bone protein, osteocalcin. Osteocalcin improves the attachment of bone-resorbing cells to bone and supports bone remodeling. Women with hip fractures have decreased levels of vitamin K. Numerous studies indicate that vitamin K plays a role in preventing osteoporosis.•Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 and folic acid combine with iron, copper and vitamin C to improve hematopoiesis (production of blood cells in the bone marrow). There is evidence of the close folic acid - vitamin B12 inter-relationship and how they work in tandem to produce healthy red blood cells. It is especially important for surgically repaired fractures. •Folic Acid: Folic acid and vitamin B12 combine with iron, copper and vitamin C to improve hematopoiesis. Works closely with vitamin B12 to produce healthy red blood cells; especially important for people who require surgical repair of fractures.•Zinc: Required for proper functioning of enzyme systems in the body and can help reduce healing time; important for tissue renewal and skeletal development. Zinc levels in the body are decreased following surgery. •Magnesium: Necessary for the metabolism of calcium into bone. Has shown to be effective in increasing bone density. Deficiency can result in an imbalance in calcium metabolism. •Iron: Is an essential part of red blood cell production, particularly important for people recovering from surgical repair of fractures. •Copper: Important for collagen formation. Part of proteins and enzymes linked with red blood cell function. Co-factor of enzymes involved in wound healing.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone!

-Dean
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
Re: Heal Broken Bones Faster

thx i have a broken hand as we speak
Old 08-18-2007, 08:40 PM

Ryan S is a decent person

I have a screwed up ankle that looks like a chunk of red marble.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:57 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you get that?

And Ryan S post pics immediatly so I can save it to my "fucked up by stunting" folder.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:19 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Sick, nice timing...
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...ml#post2901319
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 AM

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by EEKENTERPRISES
WOW u should not have posted that!!! it would have been 1 less squid squasher stompin on u bro!!!

U SCRAPED...................bwahahahahahaha
Old 08-19-2007, 05:14 AM

SuicideMyk is an unknown quantity at this point

I always have banged myself up pretty bad between skating, BMX, dirtbikes, streetbikes an doing stupid jackass ****.. I think I owe it to drinking milk my whole life for keeping my bones strong, luckley I havn't broke any (Knock on Wood)
Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

yes the benefits of a healthy diet and being smoke free are tremendous. it makes you a better rider too. ironically i can really tear up some mcdonalds, thats some good ****.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:40 AM

NYstunter636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dean Ellis
One of the most important influences on fracture healing is nutrition. The healing time for broken bones is influenced by a number of variables that are impacted by the availability of key nutrients to support bone healing and a healthy blood supply.
•Calcium: With vitamin D, essential combination for the production and maintenance of healthy bones and prevention of osteoporosis. Supplementation may reduce fracture rates by as much as 50%.•Vitamin D: Facilitates the absorption of calcium in the intestinal tract; can increase calcium absorption by 65%. Vitamin D deficiency is present in 40% of those admitted to the hospital for a hip fracture. Systemic vitamin D production decreases in the elderly, in people who are house bound, and during the winter.•Vitamin A: Helps promote the growth of strong bone and, along with beta carotene, is also an antioxidant and excellent free radical quencher. Deficiency has been linked with an increase in wound healing time.•Vitamin C: Important in repair of bones and connective tissue. Vitamin C plays a crucial role in the manufacture of collagen, which forms the connective tissue in skin, bones, teeth, cartilage, ligaments, vertebral discs, joint linings and capillary walls. If you are deficient in vitamin C, you may not have sufficient collagen production, meaning your fracture may not heal properly.•Vitamin E: Antioxidant that preserves essential cellular constituents. Deficiency of vitamin E can result in impaired vitamin A absorption.•Vitamin K: Plays an important role in the synthesis of a key bone protein, osteocalcin. Osteocalcin improves the attachment of bone-resorbing cells to bone and supports bone remodeling. Women with hip fractures have decreased levels of vitamin K. Numerous studies indicate that vitamin K plays a role in preventing osteoporosis.•Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 and folic acid combine with iron, copper and vitamin C to improve hematopoiesis (production of blood cells in the bone marrow). There is evidence of the close folic acid - vitamin B12 inter-relationship and how they work in tandem to produce healthy red blood cells. It is especially important for surgically repaired fractures. •Folic Acid: Folic acid and vitamin B12 combine with iron, copper and vitamin C to improve hematopoiesis. Works closely with vitamin B12 to produce healthy red blood cells; especially important for people who require surgical repair of fractures.•Zinc: Required for proper functioning of enzyme systems in the body and can help reduce healing time; important for tissue renewal and skeletal development. Zinc levels in the body are decreased following surgery. •Magnesium: Necessary for the metabolism of calcium into bone. Has shown to be effective in increasing bone density. Deficiency can result in an imbalance in calcium metabolism. •Iron: Is an essential part of red blood cell production, particularly important for people recovering from surgical repair of fractures. •Copper: Important for collagen formation. Part of proteins and enzymes linked with red blood cell function. Co-factor of enzymes involved in wound healing.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone!

-Dean
damn dean you got way to much time on your hand...lol...heal up man....