choked under pressure...sort of...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 AM

shky4 will become famous soon enough
Re: choked under pressure...sort of...

I find the streets are usally sloped and groved differently than our spots, so you have to learn to adjust to it, but I know what you're talking about.

Hey Mickey, should we invite him to our thursday night session before we head to C&I5 release party?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM

Don't you love it when you get out with the guys running the 100 mph whoolies, and then they stop and ask why you're not doing any. My bike will barely do 100
Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 PM

xxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nicexxMICKEYxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by shky4
I find the streets are usally sloped and groved differently than our spots, so you have to learn to adjust to it, but I know what you're talking about.

Hey Mickey, should we invite him to our thursday night session before we head to C&I5 release party?
Yea, he should come. Or anybody non squidly that may be on their way to St.Louis.

Last edited by xxMICKEYxx; 08-17-2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by xxMICKEYxx
Or anybody non squidly that may be on their way to St.Louis.
exactly
Old 08-17-2007, 02:21 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I notice that anyone w/ stage fright usually will choke untill you get used to it. It may sound funny, but I took a few Hip Hop dance classes at the college and that cured my stage fright right up.......I would actually highly recomend that to someone that has a problem at shows.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:32 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I notice that anyone w/ stage fright usually will choke untill you get used to it. It may sound funny, but I took a few Hip Hop dance classes at the college and that cured my stage fright right up.......I would actually highly recomend that to someone that has a problem at shows.
it makes sense... but LMAO!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:38 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
first off....I suck and I know I suck....I'm not trying to come off as some pro who was out killin the streets.
I'm a newb who's just gettin my slows under control... I practice alone almost always... well....tonight I hooked up with a couple local guys in the small town where i live... and they know i've been working on this ...but they've never seen me (and i've purposely not let anyone around here see me in my learnin curve...so they wouldnt see the squidly chasers etc that came in the beginning)
Well...were ridin some backroads...and I've been feeling pretty consistent my last few times out.... So I busted a few nice 2nd gear 35 -40 mph stand-ups and held em steady for as long as the road would allow...then i went to show them where my Slows were at (the 10-15 mph first gear stand-ups ) and I hit abunch of them that were...ok... and those guys thought it was pretty cool.

BUT !!! I felt like they were NOT up to par with the ones I'd been hittin prior to that I was only maintaining them for like half of my normal distance....like 200 feet instead of 400 or 500....Plus they were all wobbly and choppy.... I THINK I WAS CHOKING UNDER PRESSURE !! I kept checkin my mirrors ....making sure they werent gonna run me over.... then i was hoping I wasn't holding them up (just dilly dallying around on backroads at 15 mph...lol) I was just distracted or something....OR ...I was trying so hard to bust out a great one ...that I fatigued my hands out ...or something ....I just was not as smooth and steady as I usually am by myself....
Does this happen to anyone else ???
It's all mental. There should be no difference between doing something in front of people or by yourself. Haveing a trick locked in that you can pretty much do in your sleep makes it easier too. Then your just riding having fun, so there shouldn't be pressure. For the slower stuff seems like you just need to practice more and lock em in.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:50 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

No big deal bro everyone choks from time to time! or just has a bad day!
Old 08-18-2007, 05:54 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

damn just as quickly as i post up to say that i can clear my head blah blah blah i went down to meet some guys to ride this past nite....boom choke up couldnt do **** no slow stuff coudlnt rock highway hahah completely locked the **** up it was horrible lol

i can deff sympathize with what your saying now that straight up sucked donkey *****!!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

**** if i choke up bro i just bust out da fiddy n feel like a pro again!!!!:YEAH
Old 08-19-2007, 04:10 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

lil different man you are dippin in for O's in your avatar lol im lucky to rock anything on one tire...oh well practice makes perfect