661 pressure suit

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 PM

samurai87 is a decent person
661 pressure suit

https://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_66...a-1b570ed58654

Just wondering if any of you guys have it and how it fits and works etc...never seen anyone personally run one of these but it looks like great protection and great ventalation. so let me know what you think of them!!

also I'm thinking bout buying one but no places around here carry them in stock so im tryin to figure out the sizing online but im literally right in the middle of the MD and LG my chest is prolly LG but my wast is more MD so im trying to figure out which way to go!! should i go more snug or get it a lil bigger
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person
Re: 661 pressure suit

theyre really great quality, but every time i wore mine i felt like i was going out to play football instead of riding... i know the shoulder pads will save my *** but i think it's just a little too much. i would definately go with the large, tho, because they are a pretty snug fit.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM

nice .....does it restrict your movement??? im lookin for protection but not bulk!!

I would also consider going with the short sleeve version and maybe getting some elbow pads that i can put on when i want
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

no, it doesnt restrict your movement at all, i just felt a little goofy wearing it. but then again you do wear tshirts over your jacket so i dont know if it will bother you .
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM

CPStar is an unknown quantity at this point

661 gear is the ****. I have the vest and the elbow pads. After my last crash I fucked my vest and pads up so I might have to get that pressure suit now. Probably need to rock a t-shirt over that thing otherwise you'll look like Robocop.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by bdc_Marky
no, it doesnt restrict your movement at all, i just felt a little goofy wearing it. but then again you do wear tshirts over your jacket so i dont know if it will bother you .
Originally Posted by cpohoski
661 gear is the ****. I have the vest and the elbow pads. After my last crash I fucked my vest and pads up so I might have to get that pressure suit now. Probably need to rock a t-shirt over that thing otherwise you'll look like Robocop.

all about the t shirts ehh?? lol sounds good to me!!!!

how did you like the vest and elbow pads??? i was thinkin of going that route but i also like the style of the pressure suit!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

im going to buy that for winter it looks good!!!! good find samurai
Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by samurai87

how did you like the vest and elbow pads??? i was thinkin of going that route but i also like the style of the pressure suit!

I like em a lot. The core saver(vest) leaves some openings along the kidney area for some good rash. The elbow guards are good. I wont ride without em. Everytime I used to go down I would bang up my elbows. Tired of dealing with that ****. I would get the pressure suit and just rock a t-shirt over it.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_66...a-1b570ed58654

Just wondering if any of you guys have it and how it fits and works etc...never seen anyone personally run one of these but it looks like great protection and great ventalation. so let me know what you think of them!!

also I'm thinking bout buying one but no places around here carry them in stock so im tryin to figure out the sizing online but im literally right in the middle of the MD and LG my chest is prolly LG but my wast is more MD so im trying to figure out which way to go!! should i go more snug or get it a lil bigger
The Best ****!!! By Far!!! Been wearing this for 2 years!!!

NO RESTRICTION AT ALL!!! Get the Full suit!!! This has taken major abuse and falls....Never a problem where this is protecting!!!!

People like to poke fun for a while but ever time you fall then get up no problem then they fall and get hurt, who's the smart one?

Less injuries = More ride time = better faster!!!!

Last edited by FrankieG; 08-16-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:15 PM

damn frankie G you got me sold with those pics!!

what shin/knee guards are you rocking???

Thanks guys for the input i think im gonna go with the full pressure suit!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:17 PM

Wondering the same thing?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

damn frankie G you got me sold with those pics!!

Thanks guys for the input i think im gonna go with the full pressure suit!
I had both acl's replaced so those are asterick knee braces....they are bulky, restrict movement and takes a while to get use to but Knee surgeries SUCK worse!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:27 PM

i gotcha....would you say that the pressure suits run tight as well??? im pretty sure im gona go with the large! but still tryin to feel out different peeps opinions
Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

if your gonna order online, i'm sure if you take your chest waist arm mesurements ect, and call them they should be able to size you up right.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

i gotcha....would you say that the pressure suits run tight as well??? im pretty sure im gona go with the large! but still tryin to feel out different peeps opinions

Mine is an xl and it's too big especially in the arms, it will take a little getting use to but after 2 or 3 practice sessions, you will feel more comfortable...after you fall 1 or 2 times you will see how good the protection is and try more new stuff often...I wish i had a L but remember you can always tighten up the straps on one slightly bigger....there is no making a M fit if it's too tight!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by __sam__
if your gonna order online, i'm sure if you take your chest waist arm mesurements ect, and call them they should be able to size you up right.
im in between sizes chest is a lg

waist is a medium

Originally Posted by FrankieG
Mine is an xl and it's too big especially in the arms, it will take a little getting use to but after 2 or 3 practice sessions, you will feel more comfortable...after you fall 1 or 2 times you will see how good the protection is and try more new stuff often...I wish i had a L but remember you can always tighten up the straps on one slightly bigger....there is no making a M fit if it's too tight!

good call on that i will be going with the LG, i jus wasnt sur how much adjusments you would be able to make with the straps etc...

thanks again franki G
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 PM

Fallout Carl is an unknown quantity at this point

I love mine. I think it's pretty comfortable too. I have an older one, it's really breathable mesh so I wear it UNDER an extra big t-shirt, the wind blows right through the t-shirt and the 661 and I stay nice and cool which is exactly why I wear it instead of a jacket.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:44 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the 661 pro pressure suit (the next one up on that same page ....the yellow and gray one) and while it is pretty damn nice ...it does fit a little tight ....but is pretty comfy

BUT... I also own alpinestar body armor.... and it beats the 661 hands Down !!! More Comfortable....the sizeing is more correct...AND It is easier to put on and take off. they were both about the same price (right around 200 bucks)

I believe they will both protect the same....they both will leave a spotted tan on your arms from the mesh ...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
I have the 661 pro pressure suit (the next one up on that same page ....the yellow and gray one) and while it is pretty damn nice ...it does fit a little tight ....but is pretty comfy

BUT... I also own alpinestar body armor.... and it beats the 661 hands Down !!! More Comfortable....the sizeing is more correct...AND It is easier to put on and take off. they were both about the same price (right around 200 bucks)

I believe they will both protect the same....they both will leave a spotted tan on your arms from the mesh ...
Never tried the a-stars......The 661 is a pain to take on and off but after a while you get use to it...no real problem! but I would like to try the a-stars! thanks for the info!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:18 AM

hmmmm food for thought thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: 661 pressure suit