everyone's a critic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
everyone's a critic

so now that everyone hates that magazine that used to cover stunts, now is you time to do something about it instead of post threads on SL.

right to the point-

what do you guys want to read about in an article covering an event? in other words whats going to keep all of your 4 yr old attention spans reading?

p.s. this is a cereal thread that will hopefully benefit everyone, so try not to destroy it until i get some decent replies. your input is appreciated.

-mexican mayhem
Old 08-16-2007, 04:23 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: everyone's a critic

good pics area must. but i think that goes without saying
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
in other words whats going to keep all of your 4 yr old attention spans reading?
I've been told I moved up to a 5 year olds attention span :YEAH

shouldve known this was gonna be a post ***** thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Target audience really needs established. There is a fine line between a good article and too much background info. We may be interested in all sorts of details on someones trip to Europe but we have a vested interest in it and can relate to it more. If you are trying to attract new readers (like it or not squids are the money spenders) you can easily loose their attention going too far "behind the scenes" ...
Old 08-16-2007, 04:26 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough

instead of just the top 5 finishers include the top 10 or 20 in some cases
Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

that is very true scott the squids are the ones who are gonna be drawn in by colorful pics and not so interested in the behind the scenes stuff
Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
good pics area must. but i think that goes without saying
i can only make the words more appealing not the layout.

-mexican mayhem
Old 08-16-2007, 04:28 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i wanna read about the run's!! what the write's opinion on the runs and if he agreed with the judge's or what he thinks the rider should have or could do to improve in the next session, event, what ever. could coment on technique, was it boring or inspiring, and of coruse the screw ups,
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

One thing you never read about is bike set-up...........that might keep my toddler of an attention span interested.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by scott3824
If you are trying to attract new readers (like it or not squids are the money spenders) you can easily loose their attention going too far "behind the scenes" ...
^^^ has a very very good point... as much as we hate it; all the posers are what makes a certain sport blow up. In our case it's dealing with squids
Old 08-16-2007, 04:32 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that the pro's should definitely get a lot of coverage but the "not quite" pro's should get a decent amount too so they can get more sponsors etc. Basically, the Famous 5 or 6 always in the un named mag deserved it but there are some hard workers out there who deserve it too but no one knows about because they weren't cool enough to make the cut.

Articles on stunt groups too... Lots of good talent popping up around the country like in AZ etc...

I also think events like the ride of the century and other rides like that should be covered. Along with release parties etc. Every aspect of the sport in front of and behind the scenes with lots of pictures of course. Some of that **** is even lacking even on here.

and I hate to even bring this up, but no stunt coverage at all in that other "stunt" magazine this month... bullshit.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
One thing you never read about is bike set-up...........that might keep my toddler of an attention span interested.
I was gonna bring that up also, but if you think about it... as soon as we go into bike setup then we're gonna start dealing with brands... and from there it's gonna go into some sick marketing. Can you imagine how much sales would go up for tygershark if "so and so" have it on their bike.... when not ALL of us like their cages and prefer something else
Old 08-16-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by dscamry
i wanna read about the run's!! what the write's opinion on the runs and if he agreed with the judge's or what he thinks the rider should have or could do to improve in the next session, event, what ever. could coment on technique, was it boring or inspiring, and of coruse the screw ups,
my opinion must stay unbiased.

-mexican mayhem
Old 08-16-2007, 04:39 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by theguy386
I was gonna bring that up also, but if you think about it... as soon as we go into bike setup then we're gonna start dealing with brands... and from there it's gonna go into some sick marketing. Can you imagine how much sales would go up for tygershark if "so and so" have it on their bike.... when not ALL of us like their cages and prefer something else
True..........I was mostly thinking of my toddlers' attention span.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:41 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Try and focus on NOT having the same tired faces in/on the magazines front cover.

A Novice section? Amateur section?

A Tips n Tricks Section, perhaps named "The Rider Report"?

Im no editor, but I was a catalog layout artist for SHIFT in morgan hill.
....Anythings possible.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:41 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Plenty of interviews with pro and am riders, rider set ups, contest, trips.
It could feature a different states stunt scene each month. A lot a pics of women.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by apfire26
A lot a pics of women.
we can just have some of Bent Rim Tim's "hotties" pose for us
Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

**** interviews **** all the blah blah blah bullshit seriuosly just load it with pics and riders names keep the articles to a minimum only write highlights and full standings. maybe pick a rider of the month every month and do a full break down of there sponsers and bike set-up to not only give the riders some lime light but the hard work they put into there bikes not to mention money and to also give the same respect and agnoligment to there sponsers..... in the end the more variaiety of riders that get coverage and the more the there sponsers get put out there the more the sport will grow and the more the sponsers will be willing to do. also new sponsers will begin to appear as the advertisement for them will increase.
also for the rider of the month have like there resent accomplishment( comp standing, travel, new tricks created, exe)
Old 08-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I know that your are asking about words but I have to bring up something with pictures. Most the stunt pictures in the mags were taken at comps from 50 feet away and look cool. But they never have any wig splitting super sick pictures like this one... Name:  DarrickSpreaderCircle1.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  65.7 KB

That couldn't of been taken anywhere else but at a lot and it a picture like that would get a squids attention real quick. I see sicker pics on here everyday then I have ever seen in any of the big mags.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by theguy386
we can just have some of Bent Rim Tim's "cattle" pose for us
You need to get out more, bro.

Quick Reply: everyone's a critic