everyone's a critic

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:48 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: everyone's a critic

Originally Posted by MeAk
**** interviews **** all the blah blah blah bullshit seriuosly just load it with pics and riders names keep the articles to a minimum only write highlights and full standings. maybe pick a rider of the month every month and do a full break down of there sponsers and bike set-up to not only give the riders some lime light but the hard work they put into there bikes not to mention money and to also give the same respect and agnoligment to there sponsers..... in the end the more variaiety of riders that get coverage and the more the there sponsers get put out there the more the sport will grow and the more the sponsers will be willing to do. also new sponsers will begin to appear as the advertisement for them will increase.
also for the rider of the month have like there resent accomplishment( comp standing, travel, new tricks created, exe)
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
You need to get out more, bro.
**cough****cough**
Name:  x1pHtie7xXg_8Z5ptG5SaemsRaWVCd8WnpZ.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  8.6 KB
Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
that is very true scott the squids are the ones who are gonna be drawn in by colorful pics and not so interested in the behind the scenes stuff

I disagree. Covering everything that a event or show consists of would be good. Include Pics and a story for the following:

-Write up and pics to :Introduce the event, promoters, sponsors, vendors, what the event is all about and consists of. Turnouts if the event has been done in the past, prior winners, or riders and a little story of last time.

- Write up and pictures: of the riders in the comp or show, what happened who placed where etc.

- Write up and pics: behind the scenes, lifestyle, rivaleries between riders, the trash talk etc, of everything else that went on that wasn't in the event sched.. Things like this people want to read, it's like the stunt gossip and make you want to read and find out how it's going to happen at the next event.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:56 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Originally Posted by Joker
I know that your are asking about words but I have to bring up something with pictures. Most the stunt pictures in the mags were taken at comps from 50 feet away and look cool. But they never have any wig splitting super sick pictures like this one...

That couldn't of been taken anywhere else but at a lot and it a picture like that would get a squids attention real quick. I see sicker pics on here everyday then I have ever seen in any of the big mags.
That is one sic pic!!! I think that what would help keep interest would be going nationwide, and hell overseas.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

**cough****cough**
Name:  x1pHtie7xXg_8Z5ptG5SaemsRaWVCd8WnpZ.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  8.6 KB[/quote]

I know......just ****** w/ ya.....LOL
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikkee

- Write up and pics: behind the scenes, lifestyle, rivaleries between riders, the trash talk etc, of everything else that went on that wasn't in the event sched.. Things like this people want to read, it's like the stunt gossip and make you want to read and find out how it's going to happen at the next event.
Theres a reason I said "fine line" ... making a connection with riders outside the "inner circle" is important, but it cannot be over done.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:00 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Fairy Tale:

One day, long, long ago, there was this woman who surprisingly,
did not whine, nag, and bitch........

But this was a long time ago.....

and it was just ONE day.

The End

In other words, you will not make everyone happy, but I think bigger mag, with more pages, hell have a ton of pics, and how about sick centerfolds to stick in the garage to keep motivated during the winter months.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by scott3824
Theres a reason I said "fine line" ... making a connection with riders outside the "inner circle" is important, but it cannot be over done.
for sure
Old 08-16-2007, 05:04 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that everyone has enough faith in the power of stunts to sell a product. For example... Jason Britton starred in a show last year that was about sportbikes in general and it was ok. This year all the garbage was weeded out and it is almost all stunts. It wasn't the other way around like people claim it has to be. If the stunts didn't sell there is no way that a national TV station would of greenlighted the show in its new format. Stunts sell other mags too. Which magazine this month had a stretched bike doing a 12 on the cover and then no stunt coverage inside? How many bike covers a year have wheelies and stoppies on them, a lot! Stunters are just used to getting hammered in the *** by companies that use them and claim that their stunts aren't worth a **** and then use them to make a shitload of money. Time to take it back.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:08 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that everyone has enough faith in the power of stunts to sell a product. For example... Jason Britton starred in a show last year that was about sportbikes in general and it was ok. This year all the garbage was weeded out and it is almost all stunts. It wasn't the other way around like people claim it has to be. If the stunts didn't sell there is no way that a national TV station would of greenlighted the show in its new format. Stunts sell other mags too. Which magazine this month had a stretched bike doing a 12 on the cover and then no stunt coverage inside? How many bike covers a year have wheelies and stoppies on them, a lot! Stunters are just used to getting hammered in the *** by companies that use them and claim that their stunts aren't worth a **** and then use them to make a shitload of money. Time to take it back.
I feel so used

Old 08-16-2007, 06:23 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I think a little bit of drama, a little personalities, who won, who placed, and what they're riding. Biker mags sell to bikers. we're interested in what people do to modify their bikes, and performance parts aren't just for wannabe racers, the parts you guys employ, the wheelie button, the ***** magnet, the handbrake, people want to know what the pros run and how they benefit performance.

It's a tough line to cover an event, the riders, and the bikes without turning it into an interview or a "how to" special. But you can do it. I have faith.

Maybe break it up, cover an event, stock it full of info, and write a monthly article on a featured rider. Get down into his sponsorships, what he has done in the stunt world, what he's riding, where he's headed, who he is, etc.

People don't root for bikes they root for riders, the better they feel they know you, the more loyal fans they will be. They'll pick who they identify with and really get into.

*wheelie button and ***** magnet not available in some states.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee

GOD HELL NO!!!!!! I ride cause i love the sport and its lifestyle. but i deffinitly could careless about who doesnt like who or wat they think of someone elses stoppies or watever and i most deffinitly dont care for any of the trash talking or gossip bullshit.
there are always going to be ppl u dont get along with or just dont care to be friends with but u still ride with them because they also love the sport and wat better to motivate u then being a better rider then them.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:45 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

I know that your are asking about words but I have to bring up something with pictures. Most the stunt pictures in the mags were taken at comps from 50 feet away and look cool. But they never have any wig splitting super sick pictures like this one...

That couldn't of been taken anywhere else but at a lot and it a picture like that would get a squids attention real quick. I see sicker pics on here everyday then I have ever seen in any of the big mags.
You're right, that's a killer pic. You can see what controls are being covered and the bike looks great.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:40 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

wtf!!! I just painted my bike like that, but shitty rattle can, but i gots fairings
Old 08-16-2007, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by MeAk
GOD HELL NO!!!!!! I ride cause i love the sport and its lifestyle. but i deffinitly could careless about who doesnt like who or wat they think of someone elses stoppies or watever and i most deffinitly dont care for any of the trash talking or gossip bullshit.
there are always going to be ppl u dont get along with or just dont care to be friends with but u still ride with them because they also love the sport and wat better to motivate u then being a better rider then them.
I'm not talking about childish MTV real world drama, and not getting along with each other. Nothing like what you have on here or what you have in your stuntlife. All the gossip and **** talk is all in good fun in person, and not all the personal crap you think it is, if you have participated in one of these events you would know what I'm getting at, and it would be good read and pics. It can be told what was said before the event, and what actually happened in the event, among other things. Giving a spectator or fan an inside look and feel for the event by reading the mag and not being at the event. This part would cater to them not so much other stunt riders.. You know the ones who in numbers buy most of these magazines.

Last edited by mikkee; 08-16-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:02 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by stock05
what do you guys want to read about in an article covering an event? in other words whats going to keep all of your 4 yr old attention spans reading?

-mexican mayhem
Who won, who didnt, PICS, who did the wig splitting tricks, explain the winning run and what they did to beat everyone, just about the event, PICS, after partys, street rides and more PICS.