F4I subframes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 AM

Lil Krazy is a decent person
F4I subframes.

Are always cracking someone have any tips how to reenfource the subframe. mine is cracking were the tank is mounted at the bottom.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:50 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4I subframes.

quit gorilla scrapin didn't think the f4i had that many subframe problems
but if you must i think scrap works makes a hd subframe or subcage might help powers, si, omr if you want folding pegs

Last edited by DSC; 08-16-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 AM

Im not coming back on the bar hard at all its the cross bar were the tank is mounted and wear the back seat mounts also
Old 08-16-2007, 11:01 AM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

hummmm........
Old 08-16-2007, 11:13 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the subframe is the last of worries on an f4i..just get a new one and start fresh.....

think bout it, ur subrame is prolly like almost 10yrs old, along with the rest of the bike!!
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

You shouldn't have any problems with a F4i subframe. Its the strongest subframe on any bike. Definatly gorilla scraping the **** out of it if your cracking it.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

my boy's broke in the same spot but he was hitting the bar pretty hard.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

put a roundbar on it?
Old 08-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
You shouldn't have any problems with a F4i subframe. Its the strongest subframe on any bike. Definatly gorilla scraping the **** out of it if your cracking it.

What the **** do you know *** im killing you and im only in it 8 months. Youve never even seen my *** ride
Old 08-16-2007, 12:16 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lil Krazy
What the **** do you know *** im killing you and im only in it 8 months. Youve never even seen my *** ride
no, but I bet he wants to ride your ***
Old 08-16-2007, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by theguy386
no, but I bet he wants to ride your ***

NO BAD no homos
Old 08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

your 12 bar angle may be off, causing it to create tension on the subframe..

putting a subcage on wont prevent the front section from cracking or bending.

subties will help a little, but then you gotta worry about cracking your frame!!! Exspecially if you are slamming the **** out of your 12 bar.

1st check to see if it sits flush when at 12... just have a buddy help lift it up.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if your subframe is cracking at the cross bars then a subcage will help!!!!

because the stock peg brackets are not connected to each other so when you put alot of stress on the rear peg[crashing and standing] it twist the bar that the stock peg bracket is connected to and if you twist that bar enough times it will crack exactly where yours is cracking ....

the subcage connects the two sides with a cross bar and doesn't let the mounting tabs and the bar the mounting tabs are connected to twist ....

go push down on the end of your rear peg and look at the bar the mounting tabs are connected to and you will see what i mean...

one other thing that can cause this to happen is a twelve bar that is too wide for the bike and you just tightened it down and it is pulling your subfrane apart...easy fix is to put enough washers between the subframe and twelve bar to take up any play...

p.s 01 02 03 f4i OMR SUBCAGES are $175 shipped and i have them in stock,pm me if your interested...

hope this helps
-omr-
Old 08-16-2007, 01:34 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

Omr!! :
Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 PM

My 12 bar is hella crooked it retarded crooked. i like that subframe on scrapeworks.com
Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

Your 12 bar is "hella crooked" and yet you still "scrape it". And you ask how to reinforce your subframe? How about getting your bar straight? Does that make to much sence? Or could your bar be straight & your 12ing "hella crooked/Gorilla style"
Old 08-16-2007, 04:48 PM

Dobey1 is a decent person

Are always cracking someone have any tips how to reenfource the subframe. mine is cracking were the tank is mounted at the bottom.
It's from jumping into the seat. Reinforce with a nice weld. all the local F4i guys around my spot have broke that ****.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dobey1
It's from jumping into the seat. Reinforce with a nice weld. all the local F4i guys around my spot have broke that ****.
thats because they don't have OMR SUBCAGES....lol
Old 08-16-2007, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by nyRocketkid
Your 12 bar is "hella crooked" and yet you still "scrape it". And you ask how to reinforce your subframe? How about getting your bar straight? Does that make to much sence? Or could your bar be straight & your 12ing "hella crooked/Gorilla style"
Who the **** are you get a real ****** bike chump lets see what you can do and sorry my broke *** gets paid good but i put everything in to my bike. iv had 1 bar the whole time iv been riding and 2 bikes the guy i bought this bike off of is a fat *** so think again ill ****** scrape a hc all night nice and smooth i bet your a ****** power wheelie squid get a ****** life
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Guru is a decent person

Who the **** are you get a real ****** bike chump lets see what you can do and sorry my broke *** gets paid good but i put everything in to my bike. iv had 1 bar the whole time iv been riding and 2 bikes the guy i bought this bike off of is a fat *** so think again ill ****** scrape a hc all night nice and smooth i bet your a ****** power wheelie squid get a ****** life
cole stop trying to be a internet gangster...............

Quick Reply: F4I subframes.