need some advice or direction.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 AM

GetLoose is a decent person
need some advice or direction.

Hey whats up guys,

Ive recently decided to look into getting a bike, my use with it would be stunting. Before I really look more into it I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some thing. Ive never had any experiance riding motorcycles of any sort. I was wondering how many of you guys started that way, just got a bike and learned to ride, not stunt, but just get the hang of riding a bike at least. I guess every one starts that way, is it pretty easy to come across, or is it really some thing that takes some one "made to ride"?, one other thing what are some good beginner bikes, I know thats an opinion I suppose, but I just need some guidance. Thanks guys.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:22 AM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: need some advice or direction.

prepare to get ripped but i'll be nice first.....a good bike to start is an f4i.....not too much power but can easily be made into a stuntbike......quite a few people have started out on streetbikes but most have started on dirtbikes or somesort....i started on dirt when i was way younger and graduated up bust still tear up dirt once and a while
Old 08-16-2007, 02:15 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

i started on the dirt also and just moved on from there! buy a bike that is stuntworthy (its an opinion) but F4i's and 636s seem to be on the top for solid stuntbikes, **** i wunt 1 too! but ya might as well buy 1 now since your end goal is to stunt! from there just get tons of seat time and lots of wut people call normal riding before tryin to stunt! oh and hope you like to break **** i.e. bikes n bones good medical insurance is a BONUS
Old 08-16-2007, 02:28 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

good advise...
Old 08-16-2007, 02:40 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

mos def. learn normal and on back country roads til u get a few tickets and then take it to the lot and learn to slow it down. and go ahead and get a cage no matter what u get. i wish i had
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM

Lil Krazy is a decent person

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
mos def. learn normal and on back country roads til u get a few tickets and then take it to the lot and learn to slow it down. and go ahead and get a cage no matter what u get. i wish i had

Just get in a lot learn to control the bike shift turn stop. the keep it in first gear and start dumping the clutch keep your foot on the back brake and put your left foot on your back peg you get more balance and control.

I tought this 17 yr old the 2nd time bn on a bike how to get that thing to balance in 3 hrs tops. you need ***** a cage, a bar. and a first aid kit on hand , you wanna get good ride everyday i suggest keeping it in the lot.

Get an 01-06 f4i
Old 08-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Ive been on big bikes for 6 years now and have never really made it through a whole season without some kind of injury. I would recommend riding a whole season before really pushing it. Play around if you like but itll probably be a while before your muscle memory can handle the real stuff. Get a 50 for throttle control
Old 08-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lil Krazy
Just get in a lot learn to control the bike shift turn stop. the keep it in first gear and start dumping the clutch keep your foot on the back brake and put your left foot on your back peg you get more balance and control.

I tought this 17 yr old the 2nd time bn on a bike how to get that thing to balance in 3 hrs tops. you need ***** a cage, a bar. and a first aid kit on hand , you wanna get good ride everyday i suggest keeping it in the lot.

Get an 01-06 f4i
let him get used to riding first though.....no need to jump straight into riding lots when he's never been on a bike before......if he doesn't have good coordination then he could be fucked as soon as he starts then no like doin it.....get seat time and ride "normal" until you know what the bike will do in different situations then learn highway whoolies then move into the lots.....when i first started the guys rockin combos back home told me that its harder to jus jump on a bike and ride BP.....learn fast BP then you can slow it down from there
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

I would just try to get as many miles on the bike as possible before you start stunting. You need to learn how to controll the bike before you start dicking around. It would also be a good idea to get a used older bike. Mabey a cbr f2 or f3. Somthing that if it gets trashed its not as big of a deal as a minty bike. Take your time and don't be stupid. You can get seriously hurt or worse if you get on a bike & don't learn how to controll it before you start messing around.
Also try to get a bike that has potential for stunting. That way when your ready to learn you don't have to switch bikes.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burnfreestyle
let him get used to riding first though.....no need to jump straight into riding lots when he's never been on a bike before......if he doesn't have good coordination then he could be fucked as soon as he starts then no like doin it.....get seat time and ride "normal" until you know what the bike will do in different situations then learn highway whoolies then move into the lots.....when i first started the guys rockin combos back home told me that its harder to jus jump on a bike and ride BP.....learn fast BP then you can slow it down from there
dont listen to this guy, he is a squid!! He doesn't even have a bike
Old 08-16-2007, 02:11 PM

THis guy will be cruisin around thinkn hes hott **** a girl will pull up hes ganna show off and get killed iv been there i wish i wouldv been a lot rider from the get go and the cops will hurt your pocket real bad trust me they ******* suck
Old 08-16-2007, 02:33 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

WTF is everyone being so nice? If I would have posted that 6 months ago I would have gotten slaughtered on here.

My advice would be to find a motorcycle safety advanced course. I took one shortly after buying and it has been well worth the money. It saved my *** more than once in traffic situations, and they put you through hard braking and cornering on your own bike, so normal riding feels easier when you are done. I did my first stoppie on accident when learning to brake harder and harder! Start slow and find some stunters to hook up with. I am in billings montana and everyone here thinks I am nuts for even revving my bike or pulling up a whoolie!
Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EEKENTERPRISES
WTF is everyone being so nice? If I would have posted that 6 months ago I would have gotten slaughtered on here.
lately SL has been getting filled with ******

what happened to the good ol Hate crew that would roam around here bashing every single question, even the ones that didnt come from squids... those where the good times
Old 08-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
dont listen to this guy, he is a squid!! He doesn't even have a bike
haha yeah thats why you have a pic of me as your avatar claiming its you
Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Ghini is a decent person

dude get a cheap *** pos dirt bike with a clutch and learn the very basics, starting off, shifting, stopping, leaning...and so on. no use in buying a real bike and then watching it hit the ground a bunch of times while you learn how to do the basics. fiddys are fun as hell, cheap, and great for learning throttle control for stunting. my advice would be to get a used fiddy (with a clutch) cheap and learn how to ride that well before getting a real bike, imo. ripping a dirt bike through trails will train you to be constantly aware of your surroundings. i rode a shitty cr80 for my first bike for 1 season and jumped on an R1 and rode it no prob the first warm day of the next year.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:04 PM

I SMELL FISH
Old 08-16-2007, 03:25 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ghini
dude get a cheap *** pos dirt bike with a clutch and learn the very basics, starting off, shifting, stopping, leaning...and so on. no use in buying a real bike and then watching it hit the ground a bunch of times while you learn how to do the basics. fiddys are fun as hell, cheap, and great for learning throttle control for stunting. my advice would be to get a used fiddy (with a clutch) cheap and learn how to ride that well before getting a real bike, imo. ripping a dirt bike through trails will train you to be constantly aware of your surroundings. i rode a shitty cr80 for my first bike for 1 season and jumped on an R1 and rode it no prob the first warm day of the next year.
Good advice......as well as all the rest. Instead of a fiddy, maybe find a small DB w/ a clutch.......just one more thing you won't have to get used to when you step up................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ..and, the reason everyones being nice is because this kid asked his question in a very respectfull, educated manner...................................most of the time it's posers trying to act like they know how to ride already.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by GetLoose
Hey whats up guys,

Ive recently decided to look into getting a bike, my use with it would be stunting. Before I really look more into it I was wondering if you guys could help me out with some thing. Ive never had any experiance riding motorcycles of any sort. I was wondering how many of you guys started that way, just got a bike and learned to ride, not stunt, but just get the hang of riding a bike at least. I guess every one starts that way, is it pretty easy to come across, or is it really some thing that takes some one "made to ride"?, one other thing what are some good beginner bikes, I know thats an opinion I suppose, but I just need some guidance. Thanks guys.
it can be done, one of my boys bought a brand new gixxer back in 05 and couldnt even work the clutch. now he's probably one of the fastest on a track out of everyone we ride with.

-mexican mayhem
Old 08-16-2007, 04:18 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by burnfreestyle
haha yeah thats why you have a pic of me as your avatar claiming its you
you wish dude