Setup for stunt bike?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:42 PM

ecthemc is a decent person
Re: Setup for stunt bike?

Originally Posted by Reyals Bemus
Around here, the GSXR is said to have a very weak subframe. Probably not a problem if you're just starting to stunt, unless you loop it (which you will at one point), you could easily **** up your subframe.

You'd either have to reinforce it or better yet Sell that bike and pick up an f4i or 636...

Yes I agree.. I destroyed my 01' GSXR Subframe... Same one thats in this pic

<---------------

So I built a new one out of Steel and made a 12 bar with it.. all in one

pretty dope..

I love gsxr's.. they own
Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Juar3z
Just get a cage.... and learn on stock gearing first!!!!
shut the **** up. there is a rule that newbies can't give advice.

if you're going to give advice you lose the right to post stupid **** about making a bike streetfighter and needing help doing it. if you can't do that on your own then you don't know **** about learning stuff.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:55 AM

DsK.#1 is a decent person

Ok so it's mostly just gonna be a ZX636 with a cage and maybe a different rear sprocket, TBH i'm not too interested in doing the slow speed stuff ATM so I think the huge sprockets are never gonna be a thing I want. I take it larger bars are only mainly for low speed stuff? I won't need to change my bars. Don't worry I realise I'm a newbie i won't be asking aobut hand brakes ect. What about oil feed pickup on a ZX636 anything need to be changed?
Old 08-16-2007, 10:21 AM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr

if you're going to give advice you lose the right to post stupid **** about making a bike streetfighter and needing help doing it. if you can't do that on your own then you don't know **** about learning stuff.
+1
Old 08-16-2007, 11:23 AM

Juar3z is a decent person

theres a difference about asking questions about ur bike then stuntn dickface.... so why dont u shut the **** up!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:10 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

so much hate in this thread

Old 08-17-2007, 07:05 AM

ecthemc is a decent person

If your serious about stunting.. you make it a streetfighter in the purpose of .. Not being able to afford the faring and plastics to replace what u broke

Thats my definition.. any other explanation is a poser streetfighter that has no use considering aerodynamics etc

that meand **** U! posers
Old 08-17-2007, 07:10 AM

Juar3z is a decent person

im making my streetfighter so when i throw my legs to a high chair it will be easier to get em up in front.....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trachito
LOL, ur gonna make that noob spend a fortune on **** he doesnt even need yet. pretty thorough list of stunt parts though.
if youre gonna do it, do it right! dont go half ***. and if he looks at the list, prices everything out and says "theres no way im spendin that much money" then stuntin isnt for you. thats one less person we have askin the same stupid questions right??? im lettin them know from the start what it takes. hes gonna need those parts eventually anyways so why not have them now instead of holdin himself back or havin down time tryin to find/buy the parts right??

NOBODY SAID STUNTIN IS CHEAP!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:39 PM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

i've enjoyed both of my gixxers, just get a pick up and a cage, then practice.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

gixxer is a great bike, but not for stuntriding. it is not good for any aspect of stuntriding whatoever. so if you dont want to completely destroy the thing and lose money i would suggest selling it now while you still can and getting a honda or kawi, dont get a yamaha either. i'm sorry but thats just the way it goes and anybody with experience will back me up on this. those who disagree and tell you a gixxer is a good stuntbike either have zero idea what they are talking about and are a noob themselves, or they are outrageously good and dont care what they ride because they are either sponsored or never crash. popular models for the pros being 04's and 05's, but many noobs stunt the 00-03 which is bad juju. 06 and 07, forget about it, 99 or earlier, forget about it
Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
i'm sorry but thats just the way it goes and anybody with experience will back me up on this. those who disagree and tell you a gixxer is a good stuntbike either have zero idea what they are talking about and are a noob themselves, or they are outrageously good and dont care what they ride because they are either sponsored or never crash.
I'm not backing you up. el oh el

Damn I must be outrageously good then.. Since I'm not sponsored, bu wait I've been crashing the **** out of my bike for the past 3 1/2 years. Hmmm..

Maybe I just have zero idea what I'm talking about and I'm just a noob.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by Juar3z
im making my streetfighter so when i throw my legs to a high chair it will be easier to get em up in front.....
actually it would be a better learning experience to do it full fairing because you will sit back on your tailbone and distribute your weight the way you should and if you put some foam on your windscreen its easier on the legs
Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM

mikkee is a decent person

[QUOTE=DsK.#1;2896887] Ok so it's mostly just gonna be a ZX636 with a cage and maybe a different rear sprocket, TBH i'm not too interested in doing the slow speed stuff ATM so I think the huge sprockets are never gonna be a thing I want. QUOTE]

Ummm slow stuff and brake control is what you want to do first. Key word here is control..

Unless your not going to do any wheelies, then yeah don't worry about that stuff.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SIC J
if youre gonna do it, do it right! dont go half ***. and if he looks at the list, prices everything out and says "theres no way im spendin that much money" then stuntin isnt for you. thats one less person we have askin the same stupid questions right??? im lettin them know from the start what it takes. hes gonna need those parts eventually anyways so why not have them now instead of holdin himself back or havin down time tryin to find/buy the parts right??

NOBODY SAID STUNTIN IS CHEAP!!!!
give me a ****** break. most guys that stunt started with a damn bike, cage, and maybe a 12 bar. some with just a ****** bike. **** breakin the bank just so u have the **** all at once. stuntin aint cheap but most **** u can piece it in as u progress, like the handbrake, stabilizer, etc. like i said, thats a good list, but dude doesnt need all that ****. for all u know, him being a newb, he's gonna end up in the hospital with a shitload of med bills and no money cuz he just spent $400 on a gahdamn stabilizer that he doesnt need just yet.

Last edited by Trachito; 08-17-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM

give me a ****** break. most guys that stunt started with a damn bike, cage, and maybe a 12 bar. some with just a ****** bike. **** breakin the bank just so u have the **** all at once. stuntin aint cheap but most **** u can piece it in as u progress, like the handbrake, stabilizer, etc. like i said, thats a good list, but dude doesnt need all that ****. for all u know, him being a newb, he's gonna end up in the hospital with a shitload of med bills and no money cuz he just spent $400 on a gahdamn stabilizer that he doesnt need just yet.
Originally Posted by DsK.#1
Ok so it's mostly just gonna be a ZX636 with a cage and maybe a different rear sprocket, TBH i'm not too interested in doing the slow speed stuff ATM so I think the huge sprockets are never gonna be a thing I want. I take it larger bars are only mainly for low speed stuff? I won't need to change my bars. Don't worry I realise I'm a newbie i won't be asking aobut hand brakes ect. What about oil feed pickup on a ZX636 anything need to be changed?
i just scrolled up and read his 2nd post. HE JUST PROVED MY POINT.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SIC J
i just scrolled up and read his 2nd post. HE JUST PROVED MY POINT.
the very first sentence proves mine: "a bike and a cage"... and a rear sprocket. besides, in his first post he asked for a basic setup. those are the basics. thats all he needs, period.

Last edited by Trachito; 08-17-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:16 PM

the very first sentence proves mine: "a bike and a cage"... and a rear sprocket. besides, in his first post he asked for a basic setup. those are the basics. thats all he needs, period.
hes gonna be doin street or higher speed wheelies. so he DOESNT even really need a cage. all he needs is a BIKE and PRACTICE. more then likely if he loops at 35mph and up, his cage aint gonna save his bike anyways.

so you can take youre "period" away
Old 08-17-2007, 08:15 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by mikkee
I'm not backing you up. el oh el

Damn I must be outrageously good then.. Since I'm not sponsored, bu wait I've been crashing the **** out of my bike for the past 3 1/2 years. Hmmm..

Maybe I just have zero idea what I'm talking about and I'm just a noob.
haha! you are an outrageously sponsored crashing noob!

stunting a gixxer is like stunting a fat chick.
when you get that kawi you are longing for you'll see.
if you've been ridin that thing hard for 3 1/2 years i would find it
so hard to believe nothing is wrong with it. dont get me wrong, you probly got a decent bag of tricks going, and so does my buddy, but he hopped on my f4i and said wow. and i said the same thing after owning my gixxer for about the same time as you. they are known problem childs..... every structural component on that bike is weaker than a tin can and the motor hates being vertical = not a good stunt bike
Old 08-17-2007, 08:28 PM

Up0n0ne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
i'll sell ya a setup 04 750 for 3500, sub already re-inforced, sprocketed, handbrake, db bars...
Wish you were closer, I'd definately be interested if you decided to sell.

Quick Reply: Setup for stunt bike?