mechanic in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:24 PM

rocketrider4lif is an unknown quantity at this point
mechanic in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was wonderin if anybody knew what the valve specs were on a 2002 zx7r???????????? the problem iv havin with the bike is that it set for a couple of years i cleaned the carbs and it still runs like ****!!!!!!! the 2nd cyclinder is runnin cool!!!! so im wondrin if the vavle specs are off on it!!!!!! oh and the bike was only ran 4 30 some miles before it was stored?????????? i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person
Re: mechanic in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not ur vavle spec.but pull the plugs an run it make sure nothing nested up in there(very common) then check for spark at all cylinders(prob. ur problem)
Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i agree one cylinder is probably not getting spark because just sitting shouldn't cause the bike to need a valve adjustment...

i think some bikes have the valve specs embosed on the motor
Old 08-13-2007, 06:50 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

how would you know if just 1 cylinder was running cool?????...with that few miles I would agree with the previous posts (the valves are ok). Many bikes never need a valve adjustment....
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 PM

well he said that it wasn runnin right when he got it i fig the specs were wrong from the fectory for some crazy reasin!!!!! iv checked spark on all cyclinders and its good!!! and i know the 2nd cyclinder is runnin cold cause when you take a sparay botle to the exhaust the 2nd 1 doesn evap as quick!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
how would you know if just 1 cylinder was running cool?????...with that few miles I would agree with the previous posts (the valves are ok). Many bikes never need a valve adjustment....
when my bike runs like **** and i think one cylinder is not firing i spit on each header the one that the spit doesnt sizzle right off of is the cylinder not firing ghetto but it works great
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

Originally Posted by rocketrider4lif
well he said that it wasn runnin right when he got it i fig the specs were wrong from the fectory for some crazy reasin!!!!! iv checked spark on all cyclinders and its good!!! and i know the 2nd cyclinder is runnin cold cause when you take a sparay botle to the exhaust the 2nd 1 doesn evap as quick!!!!!!!
ok well if thats the case.... this bike is carbed so the carbs not me adjusted to where u live do u live in the mountains or high elevation....it might need rejetting or it could be a simple carb sync but that usually will just give u a delayed throttle response....its prob the jetting or some varnished gas plugging up a jet or passage way in the carb
Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 PM

i synced the carbs already!!! thats why im kinda puzzled!!!!! plus av done a carb clean...... i f the idle port was clogged it would run right once you were into a higher rpm
Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 PM

so does anybody have the valve specs for it so i can at least check the **** out!!!!!!! the valve specs are not embossed on this motor!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

any local kawi dealer's service dept. shoud be able to read them right off they're tech manual for ya.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

gosh T-neck. what would we do without you
Old 08-15-2007, 03:03 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by T-NECK
any local kawi dealer's service dept. shoud be able to read them right off they're tech manual for ya.
i was a service writer for a dealership and when ever some one called and asked me to look up some thing like that for them i told them we sell manuals in the parts department ,would like me to transfer you ?....lol
Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM

Dobey1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i was a service writer for a dealership and when ever some one called and asked me to look up some thing like that for them i told them we sell manuals in the parts department ,would like me to transfer you ?....lol
I was told from a dealer that if a customer asks for specs they are required to do so?
Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

WEll I guess any service writer or tech that wasnt an angry old man...*cough ROGER cough*
Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

ya no ****
Old 08-15-2007, 03:09 PM

they always look up **** for me
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 PM
also known as OMR

lol...buy a manual you cheap *****.....lol
Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 PM
also known as OMR

how in the **** can some one post on stuntlife if there looking up **** for a customer all day........lol
Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

how in the **** can some one post on stuntlife if there looking up **** for a customer all day........lol
lol wow......hahha
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by T-NECK
lol wow......hahha
t neck seems to have it down pretty good

Quick Reply: mechanic in need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!