bars straight! front wheel pointed left??WTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 06:57 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person
bars straight! front wheel pointed left??WTF

so i used my stock 05 636 triple to mount my DB bars through
(perfectly straight from stock holes in the clamp) and been whipping 180 endoes for the past few days. when the bike was parked the front end looked tweeked!!

i sat on the bike and lined the front wheel straight and my bars were pointing left!! the lined the bars up and the wheel was pointing left!! is this from a bent lower triple? or forks? i would think the triple since there tweeked in a contourted way and not a typical way that forks bend.

im stressing so hard!! my brembo lever broke
my HB got a sik air bubble
my front end is tweeked
i dunno how to hardwire my fan
etc etc etc! i love the 636 but kinda miss my **** o crap f4i now

some one wanna help answer some of these problems for me?? it will make life less sucidal if i have some help from folks who can asses the situation from a non-pissed off point of view
Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: bars straight! front wheel pointed left??WTF

loosen the triple clamps, u will hear a snap, thats your forks straightening out on their own, if that doesn't work u gotta do the ol bmx trick, bang the front wheel against something while the triple is a bit loose
Old 08-09-2007, 07:57 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

some times it helps to also loosen the big nut that holds the top tripple on

and to wire your fan just put a switch in between the two wires that go to your tempeture sending unit on your radiator that way if you forget to turn it on it will still come on at the normal tempeture ..
this works for an 03 04 it will probably be the same for an 05 06

Last edited by old man roger; 08-09-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i just ran a power wire from the bat to a switch and rana wire from the blue wire on the fan to the switch... just tapped it.. so it still comes on on its own
Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

hold the bars to the (l or r) lock and have someone kick the tire in the desired direction untill it feels smooth
Old 08-09-2007, 08:56 PM

cool so at most the forks are just tweeked in the triple?? i do have a brand new lower triple its prolly not a bad idea to throw it on.

so now that i got your guys attention i took off the rubber lines that go from 1 to 2 and just put 1 steel braided line to each caliper...good or bad?

as far as the hardwire, imma get it done tonight so i can ride loner that 20 mins.

p.s. i hate 05-06 tanks

imma get a 03-04 next so my 05 might be up for sale soon

thanx my gangstas

OMR bare with me bro i havent flaked on you just been on mandatory over time bulding the new 787 for Boeing
Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

see if you werent so far away, I'd offer a trade for my 03 636
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

787???? when will those be done?? is united buying a bunch? cuz those 747's and 777's are the most uncomfortable seats in the air.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
787???? when will those be done?? is united buying a bunch? cuz those 747's and 777's are the most uncomfortable seats in the air.
so far we have sold thousands of them we are booked out for orders until 2014!!
and all the buyers are foreign contries??

the domestic companies are still broke from the ups and downs of the Aerospace industry.

these 787's have huge rolls royce engines and are the first fully carbon fiber comercial ACFT! when people start flying more domestically maybe there will be some flying state to state??

you will be shocked to see all the interior changes to these planes! way to plush to be a plane!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:44 PM

__sam__ is an unknown quantity at this point

use the old string alignment gimmick to check it and the forks and go from there on the tweaking back straight
Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

one line to each caliper is fine thats how most people do it
Old 08-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

So BEnD YOuR BaRs To FiX IT..