>> 954rr Lost Low End Power? <<

02' 954
10K Miles
Airbox Flapper Mod
Pinned open the Egr-servo exhaust flapper thingy
-1 Counter Sprocket / 55T Rear (+12)
Chopped down Stock Exhaust
No Power Comm.

So, heres it is. Im use to my 64T on my F4i, immediate low-end blip/torqey feel. I decided to take my full fairing 954 out yesterday and try slow ****.(was waiting for the day to take out the pretty bike,lol) Wow, what a diff. in bikes, but I noticed I dont have the immediate blip?

From what I've heard/noticed, I think the reason is because my exhaust was cut WAY to short that im losing some low end torque.

Anyone else run into this dilema?
Old 08-09-2007, 01:15 PM

M-One is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: >> 954rr Lost Low End Power? <<

Originally Posted by anabolicrick
02' 954
10K Miles
Airbox Flapper Mod
Pinned open the Egr-servo exhaust flapper thingy
-1 Counter Sprocket / 55T Rear (+12)
Chopped down Stock Exhaust
No Power Comm.

So, heres it is. Im use to my 64T on my F4i, immediate low-end blip/torqey feel. I decided to take my full fairing 954 out yesterday and try slow ****.(was waiting for the day to take out the pretty bike,lol) Wow, what a diff. in bikes, but I noticed I dont have the immediate blip?

From what I've heard/noticed, I think the reason is because my exhaust was cut WAY to short that im losing some low end torque.

Anyone else run into this dilema?

Same bike, I took out my servo and flapper.....(trying to smooth the bike out).Lost bottom end. had to damn near redline to get it to come up.Put everything back together and comes up without any problems. I also have a 2brothers pipe cut down to a shortie,-1 +7 .Put the servo and flapper back and see what happens??
Old 08-09-2007, 01:43 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

I did the same, but mapped it with a power command. I don't have the map quit right, but no problem pulling it up and I'm only -1 front +1 back
Old 08-09-2007, 01:49 PM

killermarine is a decent person

off subject but you claim norte or what how do you know speedy loc.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

ok... so here's the deal.
-servo
-flapper
-cut down exhaust
they are all hp mods allowing the exhaust and intake to flow easier and thus make the bike faster. sport bikes, especially honda (which is known for high hp an a little more then half the hp amount in tq) do just that, they make high hp and not much tq. due to weight, this allows them to be fast with less power. sprockets are they great reconing force, they allow adjustment of tq and power so u gain more low end but loose top speed and tq.

so here's the deal. 2 mods for tq and low end and 3 mods meant for speed are gonna outweigh the tq mods

this is because your air flow spped mods are meant to help after a certain rpm range and as stated have significantly reduced backpressure control and nearly eliminated it all together which takes away the low end power but will make you faster at speed... but u've re-geared it thus taking away top speed. so your motor is going great on the frewway working less and making more speed and hp on a level surface, but it's struggling to get started fast in the low rpms
Old 08-09-2007, 03:31 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by M-One
Same bike, I took out my servo and flapper.....(trying to smooth the bike out).Lost bottom end. had to damn near redline to get it to come up.Put everything back together and comes up without any problems. I also have a 2brothers pipe cut down to a shortie,-1 +7 .Put the servo and flapper back and see what happens??
Ima boutta do that. I figured so.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:35 PM

anabolicrick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E RacK
ok... so here's the deal.
-servo
-flapper
-cut down exhaust
they are all hp mods allowing the exhaust and intake to flow easier and thus make the bike faster. sport bikes, especially honda (which is known for high hp an a little more then half the hp amount in tq) do just that, they make high hp and not much tq. due to weight, this allows them to be fast with less power. sprockets are they great reconing force, they allow adjustment of tq and power so u gain more low end but loose top speed and tq.

so here's the deal. 2 mods for tq and low end and 3 mods meant for speed are gonna outweigh the tq mods

this is because your air flow spped mods are meant to help after a certain rpm range and as stated have significantly reduced backpressure control and nearly eliminated it all together which takes away the low end power but will make you faster at speed... but u've re-geared it thus taking away top speed. so your motor is going great on the frewway working less and making more speed and hp on a level surface, but it's struggling to get started fast in the low rpms
right on for the right. I know, it makes sense.

Did you pull this from cbrforums? lolol....
Old 08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

naw but i should probably post it there. this comes from working on honda cars and working on amature race bikes as an extra wrench