Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 06:01 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Um wheres my g.d. shifter???

and clutch it harder
Old 08-08-2007, 11:15 PM

potassium26 is a decent person

i got 1 down 7 up and it will only come up between 30-40 in second.im getting tired of this so i ordered a 2 down in the front.and when i do stand ups in 3rd by the time it get to the bp im doin 70 mph.maybe my clutch is starting to lose traction

Last edited by potassium26; 08-08-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 PM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

First off why are you going 70mph with that kind of gearing? Secondly why do you think going down 2 in the front is going to help you? Third read the sticky thread on "HOW TO WHEELIE" that could help you out. One last thing don't ever mention Skitching again thank you.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by potassium26
i got 1 down 7 up and it will only come up between 30-40 in second.im getting tired of this so i ordered a 2 down in the front.and when i do stand ups in 3rd by the time it get to the bp im doin 70 mph.maybe my clutch is starting to lose traction

not getting to bp quick enough... and if you go from -1 to -2 you will be shooting through that gear faster then you were before at -1 when trying to find bp.... If your getting it to 70 mph in bp slow it down while in the wheelie.... ive slowed 70 mph's down pretty slow
Old 08-09-2007, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by matt360
First off why are you going 70mph with that kind of gearing? Secondly why do you think going down 2 in the front is going to help you? Third read the sticky thread on "HOW TO WHEELIE" that could help you out. One last thing don't ever mention Skitching again thank you.
i said when the bike gets up to bp in third its damn near goin that fast.it comes up real slow.2 down in the front is like going 6 up in the back so with that being said second will lift my fat *** up a lil quicker and have a lil more range of when it will come up besides 30-40.maybe 20- 40.and 3rd should have a lil more juice to get me to bp quicker
Old 08-09-2007, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jixxer6
not getting to bp quick enough... and if you go from -1 to -2 you will be shooting through that gear faster then you were before at -1 when trying to find bp.... If your getting it to 70 mph in bp slow it down while in the wheelie.... ive slowed 70 mph's down pretty slow
yes i know but the hole gear its self will have more power.i could slow it down but id rather just have it come up at the speed i want it to.just like second does now.hell if the gear doesnt make me happy ill just put the -1 back on
Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 AM

I'm sorry but your wrong man. I'm not being a dick if you think that but its practice man. IF you had a 80 in the rear yea it would come up but its all on how you clutch it. It shouldn't increase in speed if your at BP and if you say you clutch it to BP then why are you gaining speed? What are you starting at like mph wise? First off try it from a dead stop.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 AM

Dobey1 is a decent person

if you didnt know thats skitching
Skitching... GAY!!! thats 80s
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

i said when the bike gets up to bp in third its damn near goin that fast.it comes up real slow.2 down in the front is like going 6 up in the back so with that being said second will lift my fat *** up a lil quicker and have a lil more range of when it will come up besides 30-40.maybe 20- 40.and 3rd should have a lil more juice to get me to bp quicker

with -1 +7 like you have, your bike will come up in 1st and 2nd at ANY speed. Please stop with the 3rd gear before you get brake control down.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 AM

^^^Thank you^^^There is no reason to be in third if you can slow down first. Thank you again. Looping in first isn't to bad but looping in 3rd oh man at 70 too.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
with -1 +7 like you have, your bike will come up in 1st and 2nd at ANY speed. Please stop with the 3rd gear before you get brake control down.
+1

WelL SaiD..
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 AM

I'm sorry but your wrong man. I'm not being a dick if you think that but its practice man. IF you had a 80 in the rear yea it would come up but its all on how you clutch it. It shouldn't increase in speed if your at BP and if you say you clutch it to BP then why are you gaining speed? What are you starting at like mph wise? First off try it from a dead stop.
i clutch it the same way i do second and i usto do 1st.i have a 52 in the back right now.what im sayin i clutch it in third and it comes up slow/builds up speed till i get it to bp.by going down 1 in the front i will be losing top speed but gaining acceleration through out the gears till it tops out.so if 3rd has a lil more pep it will not take so damn long to come to bp
Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 AM

I think your clutching it wrong from what your saying man. Say you were going "50" and you clutch it right you should be going no more then 55 when it reaches BP and when you start braking and use engine breaking you should be able to slow it down to at least 30 by the time you set it down. Setting it down in high rpm's only hurts parts. Also you say you bring it up in 3rd. This is way it is taking so long to reach BP cause your not clutching it hard enough even though you think you are your not. Cause when clutching it right it should first go just before BP then a blip should bring you to Bp and, from there you should only have to give it slight throttle imputs as well as use the brake if you go behind bp.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 AM

I think your clutching it wrong from what your saying man. Say you were going "50" and you clutch it right you should be going no more then 55 when it reaches BP and when you start braking and use engine breaking you should be able to slow it down to at least 30 by the time you set it down. Setting it down in high rpm's only hurts parts. Also you say you bring it up in 3rd. This is way it is taking so long to reach BP cause your not clutching it hard enough even though you think you are your not. Cause when clutching it right it should first go just before BP then a blip should bring you to Bp and, from there you should only have to give it slight throttle imputs as well as use the brake if you go behind bp.
ok so going off what your saying maybe my clutch could need replacing?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:50 AM

Good way to tell is go down a road click into 6 and pin it. If your rpms go up and your acceleration doesn't its the clutch. If it is don't get a after market either.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:54 AM

jonbravo20 is a decent person

dude, just find a local stunt rider and ask him to teach you how to ride your bike
Old 08-09-2007, 12:55 AM

whats a good brand clutch
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Um I said not after market so um stock.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jonbravo20
dude, just find a local stunt rider and ask him to teach you how to ride your bike

Name:  cheesyf.gif
Views: 4
Size:  14.3 KB Name:  cheesyf.gif
Size:  14.3 KB
Name:  cheesyf.gif
Size:  14.3 KB
Attached Images
File Type: gif
cheesyf.gif (14.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: gif
cheesyf.gif (14.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 AM

y would i replace stock wit stock

Quick Reply: Um wheres my g.d. shifter???