clutch ez-pulls

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM

DerekMey is a decent person
Re: clutch ez-pulls

i have the moose and so does my buddy it seems like where the bolt (line hold) goes in, they break.....both of ours did....I also have the barnett clutches and springs....they suck. Way too stiff. I have the hardest clutch to pull in the history of the world.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

I got the moose e-z pull box.It's equall to the lever in pull feel.But doesn't break when crashing.You have to modify your cable setup to put this on.I'm purchasing the lever too.Pulling the clutch will really be easy with the dual setup.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you run both you may find that you have to adjust the cable very tight and still have to pull the lever all the way to the bar to get the clutch to release and and this can cause your clutch to slip..
Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you run both you may find that you have to adjust the cable very tight and still have to pull the lever all the way to the bar to get the clutch to release and and this can cause your clutch to slip..
It took a bunch of adjustments to get my **** right but now its nice - well that was until the cable from the ez pull system snapped yesterday during hollywoods block party Couldnt have happened at a worse time. That ended my day.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

so wait now everyone is sayin the moose system breaks or snaps cables?? but the msr is garbage too?? im confused!!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

don't be confused all easy pulls suck ....
Old 08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by samurai87
so wait now everyone is sayin the moose system breaks or snaps cables?? but the msr is garbage too?? im confused!!!!
I had my clutch cable snap the first time and then yesterday the small cable from the moose ez pull system that hooks the ez pull box to the lever snapped. From what everyone says and what I've seen so far the **** will snap. S U C K S
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM

then why do people get moose?? im so lost???? why wouldnt you get the MSR clutch system then?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 PM
also known as OMR

cause the suck too....
Old 08-06-2007, 10:42 PM

so what were getting at is they both suck??
Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 PM
also known as OMR

i think i said that on the first page...lol
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 PM

tallyturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

i run the moose easy pull, it makes clutchin as smooth and easy as butter. like said before just dont overtightn the bolts.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by samurai87
then why do people get moose?? im so lost???? why wouldnt you get the MSR clutch system then?
no no no...

theirs 2 types of ez pull thingys. Theres a CLUTCH LEVER or a SYSTEM/BOX

moose sells either the ez pull clutch lever, or the system. The system is what sucks since it runs in between your clutch cable and can break easily.

MSR just sells the clutch lever.

I had a moose ez pull clutch lever on my f4i and that thing snapped soo easy after a SS gone wrong (and I DID have the perch loose)...anyways, I'm running the MSR now on my 636, they both pretty much feel the same, I'm just hoping that this one doesnt break as easy as the moose did.

so just remember, buy either the MSR or the Moose ez pull clutch LEVER...and say no to the moose systems/box

Last edited by Beto; 08-06-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:57 PM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^Correct we have a winner. That in line box/system is the problem. I had one it was cool in all till I heard about it breaking then I took that off. Just get the moose or msr. There like 50 bucks so get them both.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

So when the levers cable brakes does it fray up then finaly let go ? Can you see it falling apart?Im not having a problem clutching stock, but I may get one some day..
Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 AM
also known as OMR

i just extended my clutch release lever and now i have a nice shoft clutch that will never break
Old 08-07-2007, 12:38 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i just extended my clutch release lever and now i have a nice shoft clutch that will never break
please show us this mod again o kind Sir
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
So when the levers cable brakes does it fray up then finaly let go ? Can you see it falling apart?Im not having a problem clutching stock, but I may get one some day..
i have the msr seems cool but like roger said u have to pull that bitch to the bar to get the clutch to disingauge or how ever the **** u spell that word haha and i use # grease and grease the **** out of my cables on both sides.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:41 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you have to pull it to the bar you're **** needs to be adjusted. I keep mine pretty far out with the Moose.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:41 AM

matt360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok first follow your cable to your clutch case. See that little piece of metal thats connects your cable? Well after you take that off cut it add I believe 10mm to get extra pull. Walla you have you own in box pully.

Quick Reply: clutch ez-pulls