What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?

I m little bit confused , arent they same or different ? i m leaning toward 2 get me an 636 which I'm new to it yea ****** noobs !
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future
Re: What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?

The zx-6r had a 636cc motor starting in 2003 (I think). So they are the same bike. I'm pretty sure the newest zx-6rs have gone back to a 599cc motor. For a few years they also made a zx-6rr that was the same as the zx-6r except for a 599cc motor and a slipper clutch. I've probably confused you but basically zx-6r and 636 are two names for the same bike.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

03/04 zx6rr = 600cc's
05/06 zx6rr = 600cc's
03/06zx6r = 636cc's
98-02 zx6r = 600cc's
Old 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zuki750
The zx-6r had a 636cc motor starting in 2003 (I think). So they are the same bike. I'm pretty sure the newest zx-6rs have gone back to a 599cc motor. For a few years they also made a zx-6rr that was the same as the zx-6r except for a 599cc motor and a slipper clutch. I've probably confused you but basically zx-6r and 636 are two names for the same bike.

they all have slipper clutches. mine's a 636 and it has a slipper clutch in it...i've adjusted it for my liking on the track.

and zx6r is just the name kaw uses a long long time ago. kind of like a CBR. then with that there are different models, zx6r, zx6rr.....like the honda has the 600rr or the f4i
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

03/04 zx6r's dont come with slippers. only the zx6rr's came with slipper clutchs

but now 05+ the zx6r's do
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, i guess i didn't post that i have an 05 636
Old 08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

ZX600 RR, Slipper Clutch, Adjustable Swingarm Pivot Point, lap timer... 599CC...
Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

my 03 636 has a lap timer
Old 08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard MRA/AMA outlawed the 03-06 636's on the track b/c they are a bigger displacement and have an advantage over the other 600's in that class. Anyone else heard of this?
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
I heard MRA/AMA outlawed the 03-06 636's on the track b/c they are a bigger displacement and have an advantage over the other 600's in that class. Anyone else heard of this?
i don't know about now but when the 636 came out the rules said you could run up to a 636 in the 600 class and that is why kawi built the 636
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i don't know about now but when the 636 came out the rules said you could run up to a 636 in the 600 class and that is why kawi built the 636
I guess the other builders just weren't reading the fine print. :YEAH

DBounce was right, you are full of useless info. j/k... Thanks OMR
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM
also known as OMR

well i think the other builders were running 636 cc's also but they didn't sell the bike in the full race trim
Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
also known as OMR

i think the rule was actually designed to allow people to rebuild there bikes but if you tell a racer he can run a bigger motor he will...lol
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I thought they continued to make the 599 instead of switching all of them over to 636 was so that they could still race in the 600 class
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by nags
I thought they continued to make the 599 instead of switching all of them over to 636 was so that they could still race in the 600 class
Nags is right. The 636 was created as a street bike. That's why they built the zx6rr, so they could still race. Atleast that's what all the magazines were printing when the 636 came out.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM
also known as OMR

there were three different 600 classes in 03 so they needed a 600 for one class formula extreme i think it was called ....im not sure what one it was but one class only alowed 600cc
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Nags is right. The 636 was created as a street bike. That's why they built the zx6rr, so they could still race. Atleast that's what all the magazines were printing when the 636 came out.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:03 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Yea, thats what I always read. Thats why the 599 has the race goodies and the 636 didn't
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by nags
Yea, thats what I always read. Thats why the 599 has the race goodies and the 636 didn't
I guess roger knows more than the magazines.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM

CYCLE WORLD 02/06
Kawasaki ZX-6R

Kawasaki's 636cc ZX-6R has been the over-bore posterboy of modern middleweights, ignoring class boundaries as drawn by sanctioned racing, leaving the limited-edition 599cc ZX-6RR to mop up on the racetrack. Rules be damned, we're certainly not going to protest the results, as the ZX has proven a very practical performer and popular choice among non-racer sportbike enthusiasts.

Quick Reply: What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?