What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: What is difference between zx-6r and 636 ?

well the 636 was raced by the factory but maybe just not in the premeire class
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Zuki750
I guess roger knows more than the magazines.
i know that i have seen factory backed 636's racing
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

This is from the AMA website referring to the 07 ZX6

Kawasaki has completely redesigned the 600-class Ninja for 2007 and made some surprising changes of strategy along the way. Gone is the 636cc version that compared favorably to its 600cc competitors because of the extra torque from its displacement advantage. Instead, Kawasaki has returned to the Supersport racing-based formula of a 600cc inline four-cylinder.

That made Kawasaki's job harder. Not only did the 2007 Ninja have to have enough midrange to compare to its 636cc predecessor, but it also meant Kawasaki wouldn't have a separate model, like it did with the 2006 ZX-6RR, to serve as the basis for its AMA Supersport racebike. The pressure was on to come up with a single motorcycle that could fill both roles, so Kawasaki did the first clean-sheet complete redesign of its 600cc powerplant in 10 years, along with an all-new chassis.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:12 PM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

Richy PM me your number ive been trying to get you all weekend....i wanna meet up with ya for the bike....if i like what i see ill take it that very min....
Old 08-06-2007, 12:14 PM
also known as OMR

Kawasaki has completely redesigned the 600-class Ninja for 2007 and made some surprising changes of strategy along the way. Gone is the 636cc version that compared favorably to its 600cc competitors because of the extra torque from its displacement advantage. Instead, Kawasaki has returned to the Supersport racing-based formula of a 600cc inline four-cylinder.

That made Kawasaki's job harder. Not only did the 2007 Ninja have to have enough midrange to compare to its 636cc predecessor, but it also meant Kawasaki wouldn't have a separate model, like it did with the 2006 ZX-6RR, to serve as the basis for its AMA Supersport racebike. The pressure was on to come up with a single motorcycle that could fill both roles, so Kawasaki did the first clean-sheet complete redesign of its 600cc powerplant in 10 years, along with an all-new chassis.

thank you for posting that nags....
Old 08-06-2007, 12:18 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

No prob.. That should clear things up
Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
also known as OMR

i was being sarcastic it clears nothing up because it is only talking about one class of racing there are or was like three different 600 classes
Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
i don't know about now but when the 636 came out the rules said you could run up to a 636 in the 600 class and that is why kawi built the 636
Really one would think so... I always found it odd that no other manufacturer but kawi put that bit more displacement in their engines... or that the rules permit up to 636 if its the 600-class
Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM
also known as OMR

SECTION 5
ENGINE CLASSIFICATION
5.1 Engines entered in sportsman classes will be
limited to manufacturers standard models as catalogued.
Reboring is permitted to .080" (2mm) oversize. No alteration of
stroke or de-boring will be allowed. Standard factory
manufactured bolt-on equipment is permissible, i.e. cross
breeding is permissible. Veterans, Seniors, Super-Seniors,
Women, and all other non-displacement classes will be allowed
to ride bikes which have been over-bored and/or overstroked.

this was copy and pasted from a 2003 ama sportsman rule book....

so the fact that the 636 was a factory displacement alowed the 636 to be raced in the sportsman class and there was another class that allowed you to bore your 600 out to a 636 and like i said before it was desinged to allow people to rebuild there broken motors and not have to buy a new motor but if you tell a racer they can run a bigger motor they will

Last edited by old man roger; 08-06-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:14 PM
also known as OMR

I guess roger knows more than the magazines.

Tony Meiring re-signs with Kawasaki for two more years
Tony ‘The Tiger’ Meiring will return to Kawasaki for the 2003 and 2004 seasons and contest the AMA Supersport and Superstock Championships. The 18-year-old rider impressed many last year in his first year as a factory rider and even scored a podium when he finished second at Pikes Peak in the Supersport race there. “I’m really happy to be back with Kawasaki. Their new 636 and 600s are going to be winning bikes, that’s for sure. Last year was a good learning year and I’m going to try to win as many races as I can on the new Kawasakis.”
Although the AMA season ended a month ago, Tony has been training hard in early preparation for next season and is anxious to race Kawasaki’s new ZX-6RR, a bike which he believes will impress many Kawasaki owners and fans. “That new 600 is going to be such a hit for Kawasaki. It’s a race-built bike. It’s very comfortable to ride, but it will also be a great bike to race. When I rode it a few weeks ago, I was able to light up the rear tire. For a stock 600, the power and handling were just incredible. And that new 636 was impressive too. It will certainly help me when I race it in the Superstock class next year”
so yea i geuss i do know more then the magazines......

Last edited by old man roger; 08-06-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
also known as OMR

now that should clear things up.....................................period
Old 08-06-2007, 02:53 PM

bdc_Marky is a decent person

anyone know how the 07 zx6rs compare to the 636 zx6rs?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
also known as OMR

i think i remember kane saying his was week compaired to the 636 but from what i here he rides it better then the 636...
Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

So there are only a few classes that can run a 636 though right?
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
also known as OMR

i don't know how many 600 classe there are now but in 02 03 there was atleast three ....
Old 08-06-2007, 03:43 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

Originally Posted by bdc_Marky
anyone know how the 07 zx6rs compare to the 636 zx6rs?
The new one is impressive....fastest 600 in handling and street to come out it a while.....wish i had one.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

I just dig up and looked for this thread , thanks for the information.

I guess basically 600-636 is almost same as for stunt.

Manny , I already sold it last sunday.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, most classes allow 2mm displacement increase, which would be 36cc's in the 600 class.

there are a lot more racing classes than what is on espn (formula extreme, supersport) than everyone sees....WERA, NESBA, CCS....they allow 2mm over displacement....so yes, 636 does help out some.