Who has the best rear hand brake set up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 PM

ggsxx is a decent person
Who has the best rear hand brake set up?

What is the best rear hand brake setup? I have been trying to figure out what parts are better and what makes a good setup.I know i can get a brembo or beringer handbrake system but these are very expensive masters,because **** sometimes hapen.There is also the question of weater you use a line that run trough the rear brake master or you install an other caliper with a hose from the rear hand brake master?

Last edited by ggsxx; 08-01-2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:34 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
Re: Who has the best rear hand brake set up?

Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 AM

ggsxx is a decent person

Hi i know i'm new here but i shure would like a little help.There aren't to many guys that stunt were i live and i've tried to find out on the internet but can't seem to find much about this.Are there any thecnical geeks here?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aerotec_radial_web.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	197622  
Old 08-01-2007, 12:35 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

there are two really good options

ho hey is the screen name of a person on this site that makes an awsome dual caliper set up ...

and then there is full throttle inc
i will try to get you the ho hey link also but here is the full throttle one
http://ads.forum-email.com/adclick.p...ttleinc.net%2F
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

www.HoHeyDesigns.com

Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

HO HEY dual caliper bracket w/ a radial brembo 16/18....

BEST SETUP PERIOD....

question answered.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

www.fullthrottleinc.net

thread in adapter, you can get a line there cheap, and use any decent master... i like 14mm 03-04 636 masters...

the key to a good HB is BLEEDING!!! good luck
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

The dual bracket and calipers with the radial masters are going to be the best there is....although you may not need this plus its way expensive. There are plenty of good hand brake systems that will work great and not break the bank, so to speak. Plus if your new you just want to have the option and the ability to learn the Hb....now ask yourself what are you going to do with the clutch. Many people are runnin a shorty clutch lever but if you dont have longer clip-ons or much room for two perchs then that becomes an issue...If not your all good.. Check out a couple websites like warpedtoys.com or thestuntfactory.com or haibikeshop.com .....gptechllc.com ................they all have stuff for stunting. I went with the gp tech stunt cap which is a new system he designed which is a billet clutch cap that mounts onto the top of a brembo basic hand brake system. It has a shorty lever. I did not want to mount two perches, not to mention I have no room, plus it has a short clutch lever & handbrake, all made to work together with plenty of room. Then I added an ez-pull clutch linkage system to make the clutch lever even more easier. Also added Speed Bleeder valves from the company Goodridge to optimize brake presssure and limit any possible air in the system. anyway hope this helps you out.......check out those websites, lots of choices....the following is my setup...Takecare!

Last edited by zride; 08-01-2007 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:09 AM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

i run a 14mm beringer master and i think its the nutts, but i just orderd a HO-HEY dual caliper
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

The thing is, i want power!What master gives the best gradual feel and Radial size which is best?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:14 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ggsxx
The thing is, i want power!What master gives the best gradual feel and Radial size which is best?
a radial brembo 16/18....
Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
ya bitches it doesnt get any better than ho hey dual caliper setup im rockin a 06 gsxr 1k master and the ho hey bracket with another stock f4i caliper and its ****** great
Old 08-01-2007, 11:31 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
a radial brembo 16/18....
yo OMR are u rockin the 16x18 ? i was talkin to fish and he said he didnt like it. he runs a 05-06 1000rr master for his handbrake, he said the brembo was to powerful and was ****** him up, what are your thoughts on this? i use a 06 gsxr1k and it seems pretty ****** good man.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:36 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

Originally Posted by Scott-
yo OMR are u rockin the 16x18 ? i was talkin to fish and he said he didnt like it. he runs a 05-06 1000rr master for his handbrake, he said the brembo was to powerful and was ****** him up, what are your thoughts on this? i use a 06 gsxr1k and it seems pretty ****** good man.
Cool man.I created a new poll to find out what works best!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:37 PM
also known as OMR

the gsxr masters are awsome ...

i am actually running an old 03 r6 master but i don't need a great master because i run a 4 piston front caliper off of a 03 600 rr as a rear brake
Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

I was wondering if the front caliper requires less pressure to work?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 PM
also known as OMR

Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by ggsxx
I was wondering if the front caliper requires less pressure to work?
oh yes it takes about half the hand pressure as a single piston caliper and it has twice the friction area because the pads are bigger
Old 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM

ggsxx is a decent person

Cool i have evrything i need at home.I just need to fix a bracket for the dual setup.Or i could buy one from ohey
Old 08-01-2007, 11:52 PM
also known as OMR

my buddy has a ho hey dual caliper bracket with both calipers working all the time instaed of one for the hand brake and one for the foot and it is the best break i have ever felt..........

Quick Reply: Who has the best rear hand brake set up?