Who has the best rear hand brake set up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who has the best rear hand brake set up?

OMR, is that bracket(four piston caliper) steel or alum? And do you have any pics of it not on the bike? Getting ready to make one and just want some more ideas before I start to fabricate it. And do you know of anyone else making these?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM

stuntnation is a decent person

Originally Posted by ggsxx
The power with the two calipers must be nice.But hain't the ides of this setup to have the two system seperated.So there is no jerking between the handbrake and the footbrake?

i would have to agree not sure what the point of the other rear caliper if not seperate.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:25 AM

ggsxx is a decent person

Originally Posted by stuntnation
i would have to agree not sure what the point of the other rear caliper if not seperate.
The idea is to get more braking power.But i wonder what the delay is when switching from foot to hand operation?One pump shot?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have to pump when going from foot brake to hand brake then you have air in your system......

and no i don't have any pics of the bracket off the bike but it is just flat stock with four holes drilled in it....
Old 08-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 11:47 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh and it's steel
Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
check out F.T.P. beaumont

saleensdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ggsxx
The idea is to get more braking power.But i wonder what the delay is when switching from foot to hand operation?One pump shot?
roger is right. if you have lag or have to pump up the foot or hand brake inbetween uses you need to properly bleed it out some more. if you stil dont really see the point in a 2 caliper set up unless they are seperate ....then you need to ride some ones bike that has them piggy backed together AND is properly bled out.AND I GARRUNTEE THAT YOU WILL **** YOUR PANTS WHEN YOU FEEL THE DIFFERENCE!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM

fbodyhp is an unknown quantity at this point

ho hey dual caliper,brembo is well worth every penny