HB fluid getting to hot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:22 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
HB fluid getting to hot?

My HB line runs right down on the inside of my frame, has anyone ever had any issues with the fluid inside getting too hot b/c of this? If so, did you get brake fade?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: HB fluid getting to hot?

if u run steel braided line and keep it off the motor you should be good, brake fluid doesn't really change feel untill it boil's... try running motul RBF600 and get your line off the motor..
Old 07-30-2007, 02:29 PM
N/A

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
if u run steel braided line and keep it off the motor you should be good, brake fluid doesn't really change feel untill it boil's... try running motul RBF600 and get your line off the motor..
It's not touching the motor, but is real close to it so I was just curious if anyone has had problems.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

talk to numbertwo i think he does..
Old 07-30-2007, 02:40 PM

Guru is a decent person

i have my line right next to my motor.. it works fine. i used to have brake fade untill i started using rbf600 fluid! plus you might be riding the hb to much and not notice it and thats why you are boiling it... i also did that!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i use regular steel automotive brake line from the adapter up through the engine compartment to a short peiece of steel braided line that starts at the front of the frame ,but mt line sits right against the motor and i have never had any problems
i don't think the motor could ever get hot enough to boil brake fluid ,even the cheap stuff boils around 400 degrees and your motor should never be that hot
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I put a @3/16in rubber line over the part of the cable that goes next to the motor, prabably not nessacery like omr said,but thats what I did.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

i'd be suprised the the motor could get that fluid that hott
Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by *IRONLUNG*
I put a @3/16in rubber line over the part of the cable that goes next to the motor, prabably not nessacery like omr said,but thats what I did.
the rubber line will keep the steel bradied line from acting like a saw ,and thats the reason i use the auto motive brake line because for one it doesn't move much and two it is just smooth steel so if it does move it won't cut through any thing
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

mines fine by the motor...
Old 07-30-2007, 04:58 PM

wondo is a decent person

me to...^^^
Old 07-30-2007, 07:01 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I use the motul RBF600 too, that reminds me I got to pick up some more on the way home! If your getting brake fade it's probably just from overusage or riding the HB too much heating up the rotor and pads is the only time I have any fade, or of course if you need to bleed the system. lol
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

mines fine by the motor also
Old 07-30-2007, 08:16 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

anyone with a me three??? sounds like air bubbles or over use, my bike runs 230 all day
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 PM
www.Moto-Psychos.com

MeAk is a decent person

mine runs next to the motor and its fine.....well that is before i got air in my line now im just to lazy to rebleed the **** till i get my radial
Old 07-30-2007, 10:04 PM
N/A

Thanks everyone... I haven't had that problem at all, I was just looking ahead before it happens.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 PM

nolimitriderz is a decent person

Don't let guru ride it he'll bring it back and say "you might want to let your hand brake kool down cause your **** ain't working" Na but fo real your normally just get fade when your rotors or pads get to hot
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
My HB line runs right down on the inside of my frame, has anyone ever had any issues with the fluid inside getting too hot b/c of this? If so, did you get brake fade?
you just need to stop being a squid and dragging the brake.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

on a serious note, am i the only one that used (i say used to because i no longer have a bike) to run a coated steel line??? i also would try to change my fluid every two weeks because i used to ride every night. i to use to run rbf600.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

mines under the tank n over the motor, comes out under the subframe to the m.c. adapter

i don't use it, but that's where it is

Quick Reply: HB fluid getting to hot?