What gearing do u run 4 low idle speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What gearing do u run 4 low idle speeds?

Originally Posted by theguy386
looks like you accidentally slammed it on the bar... do yourself a favor... learn on stock
lol read my post smart one

"i didnt do this on purpose"
Old 07-30-2007, 05:35 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VTR-1000
lol read my post smart one

"i didnt do this on purpose"
oops

you got me on that one.... but still... learn stock
Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 PM

once youtube finishes my upload i will show you why i want to change the gearing.. my buddie was watching me and even told me i need to change the gearing.. my bike bogs every time i try to pull it up at 2-3 mph.. if i pull it up around 15 mph my bike is very responsive to my throttle input.. i would rather crash 20 times learning at 2-3 mph then 1 time trying to learn the bp at 15-20 mph

Last edited by -matt g-; 07-30-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 PM

once youtube finishes my upload i will show you why i want to change the gearing.. my buddie was watching me and even told me i need to change the gearing.. my bike bogs every time i try to pull it up at 2-3 mph.. if i do faster (around 15 mph) my bike is very responsive to my throttle input.. i would rather crash 20 times learning at 2-3 mph then 1 time trying to learn the bp at 15-20 mph
so let me get this straight, you wanna learn slow wheelies instead of learning BP first... wow

Old 07-30-2007, 05:44 PM

this is why i want to change my gearing.. i was giving it a little throttle after i pulled it up and it bogged down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQCrpECI_I

what is a good sprocket size for the rear if i am running -2 in the front? i already have -2 +5 and its not working out for me
Old 07-30-2007, 05:45 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

once youtube finishes my upload i will show you why i want to change the gearing.. my buddie was watching me and even told me i need to change the gearing.. my bike bogs every time i try to pull it up at 2-3 mph.. if i pull it up around 15 mph my bike is very responsive to my throttle input.. i would rather crash 20 times learning at 2-3 mph then 1 time trying to learn the bp at 15-20 mph
If its bogging when you are trying to bring it up, give it more gas. It sounds more like rider error. I didn't see it bog in the vid you posted . Clutch it up as hard as you did in the vid and catch it with the brake.

If you are riding idle and its bogging then that would be a gearing/idle issue.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:45 PM

so let me get this straight, you wanna learn slow wheelies instead of learning BP first... wow

i ride bp on my dirtbike all day.. and yes i'd rather learn bp at 2 mph then 20 mph and **** myself up again..

i was trying to take that kind of advice before and i totaled my old bike
Old 07-30-2007, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
If its bogging when you are trying to bring it up, give it more gas. It sounds more like rider error. I didn't see it bog in the vid you posted . Clutch it up as hard as you did in the vid and catch it with the brake.

If you are riding idle and its bogging then that would be a gearing/idle issue.

once i bring my bike up from almost a stand still and its not exactly at bp and i try to give it a little more throttle it bogs out.. you dont think a little gearing would help that?

i just posted the bogging video
Old 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM

you know what... I'm done with this thread... you sir are fucken hard headed and if you are not willing to take our advice then go post somewhere else
Old 07-30-2007, 05:49 PM

this is why i want to change my gearing.. i was giving it a little throttle after i pulled it up and it bogged down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzQCrpECI_I

what is a good sprocket size for the rear if i am running -2 in the front? i already have -2 +5 and its not working out for me
Stay on the gas and rock it back behind bp and that won't happen. All bikes are going to rev drop when you get into the BP and if you are not on the gas gravity will bring you right back down.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 PM

you know what... I'm done with this thread... you sir are fucken hard headed and if you are not willing to take our advice then go post somewhere else
thank you
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
Stay on the gas and rock it back behind bp and that won't happen. All bikes are going to rev drop when you get into the BP and if you are not on the gas gravity will bring you right back down.
if i had more gearing then that would the bike pull back up after i popped it? i still had a little gas but not nearly as much as i had when i popped it up
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM

I guess I can't give you the best advice on this because when I learned I brought it up little by little and by the time I reached bp I had picked up a few things. If I had gunned it up to BP right away, I might have busted my **** too
Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM

if i had more gearing then that would the bike pull back up after i popped it? i still had a little gas but not nearly as much as i had when i popped it up

I think that it would help you not fall forwards maybe but then it will be really twitchy and it might make you slam into the bar . Here is my advice, drop down a tooth in the front and see what happens. Don't go too extreme until you have BP locked down.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:57 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

haha listen man, i dnt know what the hell happend in that video, but it doesnt have anything to do with gearing. if your idle is up too high then its going to make you ride your brake too much and cause your bike to bog. TRUST ME this **** has nothing to do with your gearing. i can get on any bike with any match of gearing and ride idle with it. youre already having problems controling that throttle with the gearing that its at, dont make it worst for yourself. stock is the best thing u can learn on, but youre already geared so make do with what ya got. gotta be easy on the brake inputs, that is what will cause your bogging. you gotta find the balance and it takes a while, there is no magic gearing that is going to help you with it. trust me man, just keep at it with what ya got and youll get it.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

after watchin that video a few more times, you might wanna consider if you have some sort of mechanical problem or were maybe real low on gas or something cuz thats not a bog out, thats a cut out. bogging is when youre alread on idle and your goin real slow and the bike sloooowly starts to sputter out usually cuz of too much braking. that was just a cut out.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
haha listen man, i dnt know what the hell happend in that video, but it doesnt have anything to do with gearing. if your idle is up too high then its going to make you ride your brake too much and cause your bike to bog. TRUST ME this **** has nothing to do with your gearing. i can get on any bike with any match of gearing and ride idle with it. youre already having problems controling that throttle with the gearing that its at, dont make it worst for yourself. stock is the best thing u can learn on, but youre already geared so make do with what ya got. gotta be easy on the brake inputs, that is what will cause your bogging. you gotta find the balance and it takes a while, there is no magic gearing that is going to help you with it. trust me man, just keep at it with what ya got and youll get it.
Yeah, what he said
Old 07-30-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
after watchin that video a few more times, you might wanna consider if you have some sort of mechanical problem or were maybe real low on gas or something cuz thats not a bog out, thats a cut out. bogging is when youre alread on idle and your goin real slow and the bike sloooowly starts to sputter out usually cuz of too much braking. that was just a cut out.
thank you! you just helped me figure out what it is

i still have my ******* tip sensor!

hahahahahaha
Old 07-30-2007, 06:11 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

thank you! you just helped me figure out what it is

i still have my ******* tip sensor!

hahahahahaha
That wouldn't matter
Old 07-30-2007, 06:12 PM

so it would be something mechanical like he said?

Quick Reply: What gearing do u run 4 low idle speeds?