FI 0 Degree Clipons, DB Bars and GPR Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:13 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
FI 0 Degree Clipons, DB Bars and GPR Dampers

First off, sorry that I had too make a new thread for this, I would much rather search for answers because I'm sure that this topic has been covered but not suprisingly, the search function doesn't work.

Anyway, right now I am running FI 0 degree clipons turned out almost straight with a GPR damper on a Street fighter F4i. I am thinking about trying out Dirt Bike bars but I wanted to get some opinions on A. Whether I will notice a big difference between the 0 degree bars and DB bars and B. Are there risers out there big enough to handle a GPR damper or would I have to swap that out for something else?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:22 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: FI 0 Degree Clipons, DB Bars and GPR Dampers

theres a huge difference between clip ons and bars, yes even aftermarket clip ons. bars are raised up alot higher and usually wider than what you run your clip ons at. youll notice a shitload more control and confidence in stoppies and most wheelies. i didnt like them for staggard wheelies and circles or highchiar/spreader ****. anything seat stander theyre real nice for. i had the fullthrottle clamp and risers which made enough room for a gpr, and is safer than drilling your stock tripple. however tons of ppl do drill the stock tripple and have good luck with it. i believe you can make or get spacers to provide enough room for your damper. all in all i like my stock clip ons flipped and swapped better than bars or regular clip ons but bars are fun as hell for awhile.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:35 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

actually the clipons straight out are less than 1/2" difference in width than the CRmids i was using on my f4. gotta slide the tubes till they are flush with the clamp. i actually went back to FF stock bike again. +6 gearing, but next weekend i'm gonna break the chain and put the stock rear sprocket back on it.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:37 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by F4icj
actually the clipons straight out are less than 1/2" difference in width than the CRmids i was using on my f4. gotta slide the tubes till they are flush with the clamp. i actually went back to FF stock bike again. +6 gearing, but next weekend i'm gonna break the chain and put the stock rear sprocket back on it.
yah 1/2 inch is a huge difference when it comes to steering components. but the biggest difference is in the height of them anyway.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM

cjstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

no i mean 1/2" difference. bar end to bar end... no in the center... they are almost exactly as wide!
Old 07-29-2007, 05:54 PM

stevied695 is a decent person

DB bars do give a whole lot more control. But I highly doubt that your Dampner will fit. You will probably have to switch to a tube style dampner. I know on my F4i there is no room to put a rotary style dampner.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
theres a huge difference between clip ons and bars, yes even aftermarket clip ons. bars are raised up alot higher and usually wider than what you run your clip ons at. youll notice a shitload more control and confidence in stoppies and most wheelies. i didnt like them for staggard wheelies and circles or highchiar/spreader ****. anything seat stander theyre real nice for. i had the fullthrottle clamp and risers which made enough room for a gpr, and is safer than drilling your stock tripple. however tons of ppl do drill the stock tripple and have good luck with it. i believe you can make or get spacers to provide enough room for your damper. all in all i like my stock clip ons flipped and swapped better than bars or regular clip ons but bars are fun as hell for awhile.
Someone mentioned the full throttle setup to me and I remember reading about it but I couldn't find it on their website . I remember it being a lot of money though...
Old 07-29-2007, 08:23 PM

On a side note, any tall guys know if DB bars are more or less comfortable. I'm like 6'5" so anything that will help me out with that is cool too.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:12 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

go with wortex clip ons flipped, i think db bars look gay but its all a matter of opinion, ive tried DB, F.I. 0 degrees, and vortex and i love my vortex's. good luck