little help for a beginner....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM

zillar6 is a decent person
little help for a beginner....

i love the stunting scene and recently have been trying. i have an 01 r6 and yes i know its not a good stunt bike but its what i have to work with....im not going to be a hardcore stunter..atleast untill i get enough to buy a crappy bike. what im asking is what are some things i need to stunt but still have a daily ridding bike and what are sites to get them at? just started not to long ago all i can do so far is clutchin up wheelies nothin slow yet and i recently have gotten able to ride stoppies..did my first no footer yesterday. no flamming im a beginner thats why im asking for advice
Old 07-29-2007, 03:56 PM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person
Re: little help for a beginner....

Originally Posted by zillar6
no flamming
let me know how that works out for ya.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 PM

EvanfromNW is a decent person

if your not gonna stunt hardcore then why bother?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by EvanfromNW
if your not gonna stunt hardcore then why bother?
wow theres some sweet stunters in here to bad this site is cluster fucked with ****** if you read i said nothing hardcore till i get a crappier bike....sorry i didnt know you guys jumped on a bike and were pro guess i shouldnt try
Old 07-29-2007, 04:15 PM
AQPWT

if you were a little more informative on what your looking for it would help.

You can stunt a stock bike off the showroom floor if you want to, or do you just want a cage? Do you want a 12 bar, if so do you want a flat bar or round bar.

Are you gonna want a hand brake? Probly not sinc eyou said you dont want to go hardcore?

There are plenty of threads like this try a search, freestyle inginuity, powers stunt works, racing 905, sick innovations. they all make stunt parts check it out.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
if you were a little more informative on what your looking for it would help.

You can stunt a stock bike off the showroom floor if you want to, or do you just want a cage? Do you want a 12 bar, if so do you want a flat bar or round bar.

Are you gonna want a hand brake? Probly not sinc eyou said you dont want to go hardcore?

There are plenty of threads like this try a search, freestyle inginuity, powers stunt works, racing 905, sick innovations. they all make stunt parts check it out.
see thank you thats what i was looking for and yes i would like a flat 12bar and a cage and a handbrake i ment not hardcore as in taking my fairing off and such. sorry for not being informative like i said i dont know much about it
Old 07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

my advice is... make wheeelies.

wear your gear and have fun

-kane
Old 07-29-2007, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
my advice is... make wheeelies.

wear your gear and have fun

-kane
thanks i do wear my gear and for some damn reason i cant do stand ups? its kinda weird becuase im decent at a sit down i mean decent as in i can go through the gears but i just cant pull a stand up....im really interested in stoppies though thats why i am lookin into a cage because more than likley im going to dump it...it happens
Old 07-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

thanks i do wear my gear and for some damn reason i cant do stand ups? its kinda weird becuase im decent at a sit down i mean decent as in i can go through the gears but i just cant pull a stand up....im really interested in stoppies though thats why i am lookin into a cage because more than likley im going to dump it...it happens
standups arnt that bad.. just balance out a sitdown and try to stand up!! youd be surpised its way easier than you might think.

stoppies are fun. make sure you have a stabilizer, a good front tire and go faster than u might think....

have fun be safe

-kane
Old 07-29-2007, 06:27 PM

Reyals Bemus is an unknown quantity at this point

There are plenty of threads like this try a search
I thought the search wasn't working?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:11 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think you're going to find a much crappier bike than an 01 r6 to beat up, so get to it

Last edited by inolen; 07-29-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:09 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by inolen
I don't think you're going to find a much crappier bike than an 01 r6 to beat up, so get to it
cereally roflmao right now.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-29-2007, 08:14 PM
AQPWT

Originally Posted by stock05
cereally roflmao right now.

-mexican mayhem
people look at me funny when I say "cereally" around here. I just tell them to shut up or spit on them and punch them in the face....
Old 07-29-2007, 08:15 PM

wow theres some sweet stunters in here to bad this site is cluster fucked with ****** if you read i said nothing hardcore till i get a crappier bike....
well get used to it, the better you get at stunting, the more of a dick you become . stop being a little bitch, all you need for now is a cage, at this point everything else would be a waste of money. the most important piece of advice im gonna give you is: if you plan on making stoppies dont get a bar because your gonna eat **** (it happens to everyone) and instead of the seat hitting you youll have a nice sharp piece of metal (well you bar probably wont be sharp because you suck a whoolies, but it will still hurt more).

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-29-2007, 08:16 PM

spit on them and punch them in the face....
hell yeah thats how we roll in A-QPWT :YEAH, let them know your not karate kidding.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 PM

let me know how that works out for ya.
awesome one liner btw.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-29-2007, 08:32 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by inolen
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by nags
and here they are the ******! yay
Old 07-29-2007, 09:04 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

and here they are the ******! yay
Alright, I'm going to tell you real quick pull your ****** skirt up nancy... as a newbie you'll find out real quick that about 90% of the people on here CAN'T stunt and it gets annoying when people like yourself come on here and say EXACTLY what you are saying. So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you good advice, you can take it or leave it. Consider this your warning b/c after this post your future here on stuntlife can go really well or really bad.

An 01 R6 is not a HORRIBLE bike to stunt, not the ideal bike but will still work. I HIGHLY recommend you take your farings off, but if you don't want to then that's fine, but if you ever want to sell it you'll have to buy a new set of plastics. (This is assuming the plastics you have now are in pretty minty shape). R6's have weak subframes, so keep that in mind. But for simplicity reasons, gear your R6 a couple of teeth in the back, get an MC from an R1, 929/954, or new GSXR. (All of these are radial) Get a cage, doesn't have to be anything special but get one that works. Probably SI, FI or MXD are the way to go. Get a steering damper for stoppies... GPR, TOBY, Scotts... all good brands that will hold up. Get rid of your tip sensor and you'll be on your way.

Practice, practice, practice....

Now take this advice and run with it... b/c honestly, this is your chance to either be different from the other ****** squids on here or you can respect the people who have been on here a long time and really understand this sport.

(and PS, don't talk **** to NAGS or other guys with their names in RED b/c they'll ban your asssss in a heart beat and believe me, NONE OF US WILL CARE. Quite frankly, it'll be one less squid so DON'T BE AN *** HAT!)
Old 07-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Alright, I'm going to tell you real quick pull your ****** skirt up nancy... as a newbie you'll find out real quick that about 90% of the people on here CAN'T stunt and it gets annoying when people like yourself come on here and say EXACTLY what you are saying. So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you good advice, you can take it or leave it. Consider this your warning b/c after this post your future here on stuntlife can go really well or really bad.

An 01 R6 is not a HORRIBLE bike to stunt, not the ideal bike but will still work. I HIGHLY recommend you take your farings off, but if you don't want to then that's fine, but if you ever want to sell it you'll have to buy a new set of plastics. (This is assuming the plastics you have now are in pretty minty shape). R6's have weak subframes, so keep that in mind. But for simplicity reasons, gear your R6 a couple of teeth in the back, get an MC from an R1, 929/954, or new GSXR. (All of these are radial) Get a cage, doesn't have to be anything special but get one that works. Probably SI, FI or MXD are the way to go. Get a steering damper for stoppies... GPR, TOBY, Scotts... all good brands that will hold up. Get rid of your tip sensor and you'll be on your way.

Practice, practice, practice....

Now take this advice and run with it... b/c honestly, this is your chance to either be different from the other ****** squids on here or you can respect the people who have been on here a long time and really understand this sport.

(and PS, don't talk **** to NAGS or other guys with their names in RED b/c they'll ban your asssss in a heart beat and believe me, NONE OF US WILL CARE. Quite frankly, it'll be one less squid so DON'T BE AN *** HAT!)
wow... a little hostility im sensing?

-kane