little help for a beginner....

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:48 AM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: little help for a beginner....

It is always frustrating to see someone say that they want a "crappy" bike to stunt. They see stuntbikes that are beat up and stunters saying that their bikes are beat and they think that they are not mechanically sound bikes. Now I know that some people ride ragged *** bikes but I have to imagine that 9 out of 10 guys are like me and don't want so stupid mechanical failure being the reason their leg is broke in half. It seems to be one of those stunting myth's and it kind of bothers me. Anyway, back to it...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Regular StuntLifer

matdawg99 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would be that 1 in 10 guy thats rides a ragged piece of ****!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:05 AM

TheGreatAco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaneone
my advice is... make wheeelies.

wear your gear and have fun

-kane
+1 :YEAH
Old 07-30-2007, 02:21 AM
AQPWT

aaronwilliams is a decent person

My bike looked like ****, but it was mechanicly sound.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

dude sell the R6. It's not worth it if your gonna be doing anykinda stunting. I know to many people around here that are tryin to do the same thing you are and wish they wouldnt have tried to do any of it on an R6. It's so much more worth it to just sell it and get something else. Save you SOOOOOOO much money in the end.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
dude sell the R6. It's not worth it if your gonna be doing anykinda stunting. I know to many people around here that are tryin to do the same thing you are and wish they wouldnt have tried to do any of it on an R6. It's so much more worth it to just sell it and get something else. Save you SOOOOOOO much money in the end.
Uhm, 99-02 make some fun *** stunt bikes.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:29 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by inolen
Uhm, 99-02 make some fun *** stunt bikes.
For someone that knows what they are doin ya but this dude is just starting out. and he dont seem like he is gonna want to spend $$$$$$$ on motor, tranny, other ****. i dunno thats just what i seen personaly
Old 07-30-2007, 05:39 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
For someone that knows what they are doin ya but this dude is just starting out. and he dont seem like he is gonna want to spend $$$$$$$ on motor, tranny, other ****. i dunno thats just what i seen personaly
They aren't notorious for blowing motors, the subframe is relatively strong, and cages are effective for them. I've seen them crack frames pretty bad, but other than that, they are good bikes!
Old 07-30-2007, 08:31 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

They aren't notorious for blowing motors, the subframe is relatively strong, and cages are effective for them. I've seen them crack frames pretty bad, but other than that, they are good bikes!
+1 i rode my homies and the only complaint i had was the lack of throttle response due to it being carbed not injected.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
It is always frustrating to see someone say that they want a "crappy" bike to stunt. They see stuntbikes that are beat up and stunters saying that their bikes are beat and they think that they are not mechanically sound bikes. Now I know that some people ride ragged *** bikes but I have to imagine that 9 out of 10 guys are like me and don't want so stupid mechanical failure being the reason their leg is broke in half. It seems to be one of those stunting myth's and it kind of bothers me. Anyway, back to it...
+1

my bikes might look crappy in the sense that there is a sick build up of coolant/oil/road grime gunk on places that my pressure washer and simple green just cant get off.. but i take a lot of pride in making sure my bikes mechanically sound prior to riding it.

and i only say this cause ive wrecked so many times from half assing my mechanics and forgetting to tighten bolts properly.. lol

-kane
Old 07-31-2007, 10:33 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aaronwilliams
people look at me funny when I say "cereally" around here.
same here...
Old 07-31-2007, 11:22 AM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bruno_z
same here...
i sense a MBP return..... just sayin.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:34 AM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll hate yourself for trashing perfectly good set of plastics. But nearly everyone is stupid and stubborn and does it on their first bike.
mine where finished up into small pieces.... but I love my streetfighter :YEAH
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FSPalex
i sense a MBP return..... just sayin.
he visited me lately so I hope not...
Old 07-31-2007, 10:38 PM

disisgixxer is a decent person

gpr stabilizer