Super Streetbike magazine

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future
Re: Super Streetbike magazine

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
But are you catering to the advertisers or the readers? Cause I don't ever remember seeing a survery asking what the readers wanted to see more of Don't most magazines pride themselves in focusing on the reader not the advertiser.
Go to any large bikenight and look at what type of riders are the majority - pretty sure there were at least 50-100 custom busas last week at the one I was at, and only myself and borne were on stunt bikes, plus about 3 random squids. Its the industry trend bottom line. The 30k people that care only about wheelies are in the minority.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:50 PM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave5point0
yea maybe 4 out of the past 5 have been just "sick bikes". But lets go back an entire year and look at your cover bikes. Every month its some ugly pile, made by a company that advertises in your mag, like that ugly repsol knockoff by bang customs, def not mag worthy by any means, but they pay for a 1/2 page every month so you gotta put them in? Lame.

Bang Customs has never advertised with SSB.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
Go to any large bikenight and look at what type of riders are the majority - pretty sure there were at least 50-100 custom busas last week at the one I was at, and only myself and borne were on stunt bikes, plus about 3 random squids. Its the industry trend bottom line. The 30k people that care only about wheelies are in the minority.

Very true. I have had a couple conversations with Dave about this, and see his point of veiw totally. I think that there is room for both markets in the magazine, and for now am happy that we even get coverage for a "sport" that hasn't really even been recognized as a sport yet.

On a side note to Dave, did Kickstand & Wheelies send you pics of the new Busa they just finished? I helped them put it all together last month when I was home and it came out pretty good....
Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 PM

JUST_PRODUCING is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope nobody takes offense to this but the two people getting the most coverage in SSB is dave and zamora...i see a pic of them goofin off on nearly every other page....how bout swappin them out for some real stunters.....**** i got dope pictures for days of the otown crew ill submit them for free.....just holla:YEAH

for example:
SSB AUG 2007

pg. 12 dave pissing in a urinal
pg. 49 dave using power tools
pg. 92 dave and zamora doing 70's dance moves
pg. 98 zamora gettin his head pet
pg.100 dave and zamora modeling bikes

i love u guys but damn...come on now...is that what the readers wanna see?

Last edited by JUST_PRODUCING; 08-01-2007 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:53 PM

Dave5point0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big dave
Naw, just for you we're gonna do a "How To Stoppie" feature so you can maybe fix that sweet power stoppie avatar.
ew, cold, that pic is from 8 months ago, but i'm sure if i had a camera crew fallowing me around taking pictures of me doing dumb *** sh*t all the time i'd have a better one. I've never claimed to be a great stunter by any means. Just have a few different bikes with a few different purposes. None of which are stretched out ugly piles that any tool with 15k could buy on ebay. You don't even have any of the "cool" stretched piles in your mag anyways. Show me any of your pics of a 300 single sided 1000rr, wait, bet you don't have one. But go ahead and ripe on my lack of stunting ability. At least people don't b*tch about me or what i do for a living. Can you say the same, no.

Last edited by Dave5point0; 08-01-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by big dave
Naw, just for you we're gonna do a "How To Stoppie" feature so you can maybe fix that sweet power stoppie avatar.

hahahahaha
Old 08-01-2007, 03:09 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JUST_PRODUCING

hahha so out of 229 pictures (I counted) we the ones pictured ablove and we are the only ones in there? LOL.

Most of our products shoots on the west coast and 99% of the time they are last minute pics.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:31 PM
MISCHIEVOUS!

~Carms~ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Dave5point0
ew, cold, that pic is from 8 months ago, but i'm sure if i had a camera crew fallowing me around taking pictures of me doing dumb *** sh*t all the time i'd have a better one. I've never claimed to be a great stunter by any means. Just have a few different bikes with a few different purposes. None of which are stretched out ugly piles that any tool with 15k could buy on ebay. You don't even have any of the "cool" stretched piles in your mag anyways. Show me any of your pics of a 300 single sided 1000rr, wait, bet you don't have one. But go ahead and ripe on my lack of stunting ability. At least people don't b*tch about me or what i do for a living. Can you say the same, no.
Yo.. my mom and everyone from CSC told me to tell you to STFU already.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:48 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
hahha so out of 229 pictures (I counted) we the ones pictured ablove and we are the only ones in there? LOL.

Most of our products shoots on the west coast and 99% of the time they are last minute pics.

I too felt there were not enough photos of you in the last issue.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scott3824
I agree with you... but I think thats not the whole story. I am not very good at stunting yet, i can only do staggered slow ****. But, when the stretched bling bling bike group ends up at a lot where I am riding, they think I am a god. Their jaws hit the ground when my friends that can actually do some cool stunts ride. So, my question is this, just because most people don't stunt, does that mean that they don't want to see stunt pictures in a magazine? They might not want to see stats from a stunt comp but they might love seeing the pictures. Not everyone that reads nascar magazines race nascar. Not trying to argue, just throwing it out there.

Last edited by Joker; 08-01-2007 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

People want to see it, IMO, but it has to be presented to them in a way that keeps their interest. Stunting is not about the bike, it's about the rider and what he or she can do. (and "who they are" the public loves to be able to identify, either positive or negative, with an athlete, and good or bad, it's money when they start to know your name and think they know who you are)

The people who are going to be most excited by stunts are primarily younger, and not always riders themselves, so SSB would have a hard time sustaining the market they do have on stunting alone, and aren't likely to pull the entire potential demographic because they are specialized toward sportbike owners/afficianados.

I can respect that SSB started with stunting, but if they want to get bigger, you guys have to let them, and it means it's not all about you, and it has to be about streetbikes, in whatever sense appeals to their market.

Troll for journalists from sporting magazines, ESPN etc, (write to them, if you're interesting, they'll show up) really put on a show for these people, tell them they can get in there at the inception of a sport, and then present an actual sport to them, plus the street side, let them work the angles they find exciting. Just give them the angles that are exciting. The people outside your industry are the only ones who can blow up your market. Nearly everyone inside the MC industry already knows about stunting, has formed their own opinion and is buying stuff accordingly. Plus bikers are harder to impress with a bike than regular people. Regular people will get impressed, run out, and buy your ****.

The same people who don't play basketball but will spend $2k+ a year on basketball related products.

Last edited by excessa; 08-01-2007 at 07:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:39 PM

alevelcs is a decent person

Originally Posted by FSPalex
i guess i've missed alot the past few months..... who the hell are you anyways?

god.......... now stfu and go do a shoot for some male spank mag

i hope nobody takes offense to this but the two people getting the most coverage in SSB is dave and zamora...i see a pic of them goofin off on nearly every other page....how bout swappin them out for some real stunters.....**** i got dope pictures for days of the otown crew ill submit them for free.....just holla:YEAH

for example:
SSB AUG 2007

i love u guys but damn...come on now...is that what the readers wanna see?

pick up any car magazine you want and ill guarantee there are that many if not more reporter/editor shots in the mag........ they do that to give the reader a sense of familiarity to the people "tellin the story"...... its not new..... its a very old idea...... i figured u might have seen it done once or twice being a video guy
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by alevelcs
god.......... now stfu and go do a shoot for some male spank mag
oh!!! you're a cool guy. LOLZ thats all you had to say! carry on mr. cool guy
Old 08-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by FSPalex
oh!!! you're a cool guy. LOLZ thats all you had to say! carry on mr. cool guy

do what ur paid for

stfu and make faces
Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

.....**** i got dope pictures for days of the otown crew ill submit them for free.....just holla:YEAH
seriously...

pick up any car magazine you want and ill guarantee there are that many if not more reporter/editor shots in the mag........ they do that to give the reader a sense of familiarity to the people "tellin the story"...... its not new..... its a very old idea...... i figured u might have seen it done once or twice being a video guy
again, seriously ...have you seen any of his work?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by southtown
seriously...

again, seriously ...have you seen any of his work?

i was layin the sarcasm on pretty thick in the end of my statement there buddy
Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM

i guess im just a little dissapointed that in the last year of SSB issues i have never once seen a single picture of a stunter doing a new trick (besides maybe an acro....GAY) and i myself probably have about 30 pictures of tricks people still havent seen and i thought that a huge magazine like SSB would try and seek out the newest and hottest up and coming riders and what new tricks they are bringing to the sport instead of just constantly highlighting the big names.....of course people are loosing interest in the stunting parts of the magazine because every issue they pic up they see the same 5 riders doing the same 10 tricks (every single stunt cover shot they ever had was either a stoppie or a regular wheelie).......DOES ANYONE SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS.....its the exact same thing with the video market right now....over the last 2 years every stunt group and their mother made a dvd and big distributors bought every title and now bike shops across the nation have 20 dvd titles they cant sell because they are all the exact same and boring.....innovation is the only thing that can keep this sport....or any sport alive

Last edited by JUST_PRODUCING; 08-02-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:58 AM

i.......DOES ANYONE SEE WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS

yep.............. prolly some kinda lead in for something yoru selling......... like all of your other posts
Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM

yep.............. prolly some kinda lead in for something yoru selling......... like all of your other posts

unfortunetely you are way off......and you are probably referring to me doing something called "PROMOTING".... i know its a tuff concept
Old 08-02-2007, 10:13 AM

unfortunetely you are way off......and you are probably referring to me doing something called "PROMOTING".... i know its a tuff concept

no watching any of your finished work all the way through is a tough ******* concept

Quick Reply: Super Streetbike magazine