Super Streetbike magazine

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:10 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Super Streetbike magazine

Originally Posted by alevelcs
thats like sayin its "greedy" to wanna feed your kids and you every night
Thats not the point at all. You can say all the every business wants to make more cash BS all day but I don't think it applies 100% to magazines. Every magazine is created with a target market and generally they stick with it, SSB didn't. Cat Fancy didn't spend two years of its publication focusing on cats then take a 180 degree turn and start chasing around Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Simpson saying that is was now a magazine about *****. They probably could of made a ton more money doing that but they didn't because they stayed true to what made them successful with their target market from day 1. Motorcyclist Magazine could add ATV's to the their publication because every douchebag and his uncle has one, they could probably make a boatload of cash from it too, but they don't because they have a responsibility to stay true to their target market. A lot of people bought subscriptions to SSB because they WERE a STUNT focused magazine. Now we are getting fucked in the *** because someone in charge there decided to pull the plug on that.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

bro dont get me wrong i see where u are coming from i actually wasnt reffering to your posts whe i wrote that
i guess i've missed alot the past few months..... who the hell are you anyways?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:20 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

So...
When you buy a CD do you honestly love every song on it, or do you skip around to the ones you like most? And are there certain songs that you think flat out suck?
I know I do.
Yet, I don't throw the CD away and then bash that artist saying I was betrayed and he's horrible, despite the few songs that I actually like. Nor do I demand that every song be the same. Instead, I take it for what it's worth.
Each month SSB has covered stunt riding in some capacity...which is a hell of a lot more than any other mainstream mag. Personally, I think stretched and chromed 'Busas are rather lame—I'd rather see loads of racebikes. But it doesn't necessarily matter what I personally want. I have a job to do...
If you're a roofer and the customer wants a certain shingle, do you install a different one simply because you think it's better? Nope.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Dave5point0 is an unknown quantity at this point

you are a moron.......... seriosuly....... do me a favor....... take each word u wrote above....... jot them on seperate pieces of paper........ read them back to yourself ............slowly....... one page at a time...... not to fast now wouldnt wanna give yourself a headache.........now....... take all 46 pages...... and shove them down your throat....... u dont have to be careful with them........... ram em down there quick like......... we want u to choke........ no seriously its cool we u to stop breathing thanks

so because u built **** bikes they all suck? id bet your power endos that u never did even an indicated 165 on your 100............. that was a piece of crap....... because u built it.............. at your shop............. remember those were your words

yea, you didn't exactly catch the part about how the bikes that CSC put the swingarms on were crap, read before you speak
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by big dave
So...
When you buy a CD do you honestly love every song on it, or do you skip around to the ones you like most? And are there certain songs that you think flat out suck?
I know I do.
Yet, I don't throw the CD away and then bash that artist saying I was betrayed and he's horrible, despite the few songs that I actually like. Nor do I demand that every song be the same. Instead, I take it for what it's worth.
Each month SSB has covered stunt riding in some capacity...which is a hell of a lot more than any other mainstream mag. Personally, I think stretched and chromed 'Busas are rather lame—I'd rather see loads of racebikes. But it doesn't necessarily matter what I personally want. I have a job to do...
If you're a roofer and the customer wants a certain shingle, do you install a different one simply because you think it's better? Nope.

**** yo couch! nikka! (joking) I get exactly where your coming from hence why i retracted my statements. I think what everyone is saying is they miss the old SSB tho. The new one is no offence kinda lame. I'de rather read about rossi or darius, than seeing another mccoy custom bike that gets loaded up on a trailer and sent to show to show. But its all about selling mags thats what your paid to do.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:33 PM
STOP THE BUCKING!!!!!!!!!

FSPalex will become famous soon enough

So...
I know I do.
no you just download the songs you like and give the artist no money
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

So...
I know I do.
But are you catering to the advertisers or the readers? Cause I don't ever remember seeing a survery asking what the readers wanted to see more of Don't most magazines pride themselves in focusing on the reader not the advertiser. I guess I don't know how all this works but if advertisers controlled content then Yamaha could stroke a check to Motorcyclist and make them do all Yamaha articles. I could be way off base though and I apologize if I am. If I am right though... it sucks.

2dollabillcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

yea the customers here want more a stunter friendly magazine....... so your gona give us the shingles we dont want? not a very good roofer are ya?

Originally Posted by z400doawheelie
you wanna sell that primered o3 gixxer thousand????

phuk no, i'll get burried with that thing if its possible (and its not going to be primer as soon as i sell the 05 600 the 1k is gettin a sick paintjob)
Old 08-01-2007, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jokertlr
But are you catering to the advertisers or the readers? Cause I don't ever remember seeing a survery asking what the readers wanted to see more of Don't most magazines pride themselves in focusing on the reader not the advertiser. I guess I don't know how all this works but if advertisers controlled content then Yamaha could stroke a check to Motorcyclist and make them do all Yamaha articles. I could be way off base though and I apologize if I am. If I am right though... it sucks.

Advertisers buy ads based on circulation and sales figures, but have absolutely no say in content (at this company anyways)...The past 4 out of 5 cover bikes have no ad support in the mag from the builder, they're simply sick bikes.

We have shifted content and sales have gone up. More ads have come in because of better sales because of the adjusted content.

That's how it is. That doesn't mean we aren't covering stunting though, and we have some cool features in the works.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

*** dave and his big old egg head...******* punks.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:51 PM

We have some cool features in the works......
Of the normal 20 riders we put in the magazine
Old 08-01-2007, 12:52 PM

2dollabillcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Advertisers buy ads based on circulation and sales figures, but have absolutely no say in content (at this company anyways)...The past 4 out of 5 cover bikes have no ad support in the mag from the builder, they're simply sick bikes.

We have shifted content and sales have gone up. More ads have come in because of better sales because of the adjusted content.

That's how it is. That doesn't mean we aren't covering stunting though, and we have some cool features in the works.
wow thats nice..... now can i get my past 4 issues?
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 PM

yea maybe 4 out of the past 5 have been just "sick bikes". But lets go back an entire year and look at your cover bikes. Every month its some ugly pile, made by a company that advertises in your mag, like that ugly repsol knockoff by bang customs, def not mag worthy by any means, but they pay for a 1/2 page every month so you gotta put them in? Lame.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:59 PM

or that gixxer with the 180 front tire, lame aswell, but oh wait, they have an ad in every issue so i guess you gotta give them a cover bike. retarded.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 PM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this newest issue of SSB is getting better. We have a lot of ads which means companies are interested in reaching this stunt/show bike market as well as the amount of stunt coverage in the magazine going up.

-Clint Ewing

Dunlop
Joe Rocket
Galfer
Scorpion
Jardine
Scotts Performance
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Clint Ewing
I think this newest issue of SSB is getting better. We have a lot of ads which means companies are interested in reaching this stunt/show bike market as well as the amount of stunt coverage in the magazine going up.

-Clint Ewing

Dunlop
Joe Rocket
Galfer
Scorpion
Jardine
Scotts Performance
Where the hell have you been hiding!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Dave5point0
or that gixxer with the 180 front tire, lame aswell, but oh wait, they have an ad in every issue so i guess you gotta give them a cover bike. retarded.

Naw, just for you we're gonna do a "How To Stoppie" feature so you can maybe fix that sweet power stoppie avatar.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 PM

Naw, just for you we're gonna do a "How To Stoppie" feature so you can maybe fix that sweet power stoppie avatar.
Bwaaaaaaaa!!!! OWNED!

Quick Reply: Super Streetbike magazine