wheelie cut out

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 11:52 PM

Mobalized is a decent person
wheelie cut out

alright so the problem is with a 03 cbr600rr and no one else seems to have any idea about this problem or what to do.... heres the deal. been doing wheelies fine for some months now, and out of the blue the other day the engine cuts out and the oil/engine light comes on. and now every time i bring the wheel over like 10 o clock it cuts out. no trouble code is being put out. the tip over sensor is removed, and its over filled 1/2 quart of oil. Anymore ideas? or how to disable the oil level sensor?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:33 PM

Re: wheelie cut out

bump~
Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mobalized
bump~
Alright... how did you disconnect the tos? Check make sure its done right still. Could be your oil pressure sensor... check the gas in your bike.. Could maybe be clogged injectors or fuel filter..
Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i had problems with an electrical connection once before. really didn't have anything to do with a wheelie, but sometimes when the bike would clutch up i guess the movement would cause the wire to move and then cut out on the bike.

check all the wire connectors.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

SlickRick83 is a decent person

Originally Posted by binder929rr
i had problems with an electrical connection once before. really didn't have anything to do with a wheelie, but sometimes when the bike would clutch up i guess the movement would cause the wire to move and then cut out on the bike.

check all the wire connectors.

yeh check ur connectors
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM

Rocktigod is a decent person

check your kickstand , after a crash on my cbr same exact symtoms, turned out to be the kickstand switch ,
Old 07-29-2007, 10:06 PM

alright well today we took it out and it didnt seem to be doing it. than it did when i did a sit down and shifted a gear during the wheelie. but didnt seem to during the majority... almost all of the other wheelies.... than it seemed to be miss firing on a cylinder intermittently and also it was intermittently acting like it had a dead battery where it wouldnt turn over fast enough to start than you turn the ignition off and back on and it fires back up like a fresh battery....

so now its getting more complicated... so its really starting to sound electrical but all the things dont really tie together... they are different systems. im so stressed right now... someone trade me for there smr
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 AM

next step we are taking is stripping it down checking all the connections, changing plugs, fuel filter and gonna use someone elses battery and re test things. if its none of those things its probably stator, computer, or something else that i havent thought of yet
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

dude, i'm telling you. you don't need to replace spark plugs and **** like that. spark plugs don't foul then kick back on, they foul and are DONE.

just tear everything down and check all your connections, no need to buy **** until you do that. you probably have some corrosion or dead grounds.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM

i dont doubt what you say for a second, its almost certain 99% its a electrical problem but the bike has 10k miles and i guarantee the guy before me never changed the plugs so its due and its one more thing i can say IS NOT causing any of this.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

sounds like an ECU problem to me, have you welded anything on the bike without removing the ECU???
Old 07-30-2007, 04:52 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

Originally Posted by GHOSTIE
sounds like an ECU problem to me, have you welded anything on the bike without removing the ECU???
this is a good point....it may be one of your airbox sensors has a vaccuum hose on it and is unconnected
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM

no nothing has been welded without removing the ecu. where are there vacuum hose with a sensor in the air box?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:41 PM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
dude, i'm telling you. you don't need to replace spark plugs and **** like that. spark plugs don't foul then kick back on, they foul and are DONE.

just tear everything down and check all your connections, no need to buy **** until you do that. you probably have some corrosion or dead grounds.

+1
Old 07-30-2007, 06:22 PM

its not that i dont agree but, plugs not being changed in 10k miles is something that needs to be done which could cause miss firing in a cylinder if the plugs are all fucked. yes i realize its most likely a connection and that will be done. but why not cover all the bases you can?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
The RISK Club

Originally Posted by Mobalized
no nothing has been welded without removing the ecu. where are there vacuum hose with a sensor in the air box?
the maping sensor should be connected to the airbox but i dont think thats your problem
Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM

what would i be checking it for and do u know where exactly its located? what would u put your money on?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 PM
The RISK Club

dude i really don't think its the map sensor, when that goes the bike runs like **** (over revs then under revs and stalls) if you can get hold of an ecu to just try off your buddy's bike or something, that would rule that out, after that its just checking all the connectors, also have you canceled your side stand switch? if so check those wires...
Old 07-30-2007, 07:30 PM

getting the ecu would be a very hard task. i havent canceled the side stand switch is that something i should be doing? or leave it alone..
Old 07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
The RISK Club

it could be faulty, if you cancel it then thats that out the way, but be sure to solder the wires don't just twist them together and stick tape over the top, as for the ecu...it would make you life easyer to find one as i think this might just be your problem. I had the same **** on my 929 when i stupidly welded my cage on the bike without unplugging the ecu.
Do you guys have HISS systems (honda ignition security system) on your hondas in th US?

Quick Reply: wheelie cut out