Clutch Control Hosts First Female ama stunt comp

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch Control Hosts First Female ama stunt comp

Originally Posted by Hazen
I would have to say that based on skill alone this is the most impressive female stunt riding pic that I've ever seen.

yea i can agree with that, this is the first actual "stunt" i have seen from a female, all the rest are just an embarrassment
Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

I heard about this thread and had to come on here and put my two cents in....

I think that it's a good idea. There are a lot of talented ladies out there trying to play in what is predominately a boys club. If it's encouraged to make the ladies come out by showing them a welcome group where they're up against other womin, why not do it?

This seems to have been the year for the women riders to come up...with events like Femmoto in Vegas, ChAOS in Daytona, and companies taking hold in the industry like ChicRiders, WominX, and Rokkit Girl. Why wouldn't the next natural step be to do female only shows and competitions?

It's tough, but I can name a number of ladies who are rockin' the scene and taking names...and who knows, girls may not be able to throw a bike around and manhandle it like the guys, but I'm positive you're gonna see some ladies rockin their **** and puttin' the boys to shame.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 PM

Mikey SBF will become famous soon enoughMikey SBF will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Speedfreak Chic
I heard about this thread and had to come on here and put my two cents in....

I think that it's a good idea. There are a lot of talented ladies out there trying to play in what is predominately a boys club. If it's encouraged to make the ladies come out by showing them a welcome group where they're up against other womin, why not do it?

This seems to have been the year for the women riders to come up...with events like Femmoto in Vegas, ChAOS in Daytona, and companies taking hold in the industry like ChicRiders, WominX, and Rokkit Girl. Why wouldn't the next natural step be to do female only shows and competitions?

It's tough, but I can name a number of ladies who are rockin' the scene and taking names...and who knows, girls may not be able to throw a bike around and manhandle it like the guys, but I'm positive you're gonna see some ladies rockin their **** and puttin' the boys to shame.
Its true that women should have a part but the days of impressive riding USA chicks have gone, laura from redline xtreme and gina from the same area back in the day were around, and RRC these days, but outside of that women take up becoming backpacks in the Tandem stunt world.

Its not that women shouldnt stunt but how are you really going to have a competition for 4 power wheeling people .... male or female ... and not expect it to be a joke.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:08 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice pics :YEAH
Old 07-30-2007, 01:10 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

that girl from france gunna win it all in no time !!!! she may b killin on fiddy too.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:22 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

i can see it now "stuntwars destroyed by..... A FEMALE??" lol guys better hit the lot lol
Old 07-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mikey SBF
Its not that women shouldnt stunt but how are you really going to have a competition for 4 power wheeling people .... male or female ... and not expect it to be a joke.
I think a standard stunt audience (that pays to see a comp and provides the dollars that go into competition payouts) would want to see even "sub-par" female stunting. Not to offend any men, but ...male stunters are a dime a dozen. We can see u ride for free in a parking lot. But I'd pay money to see some women stunting-- no matter the level. It's rare and I'd like to SEE it in person!

Whoever puts the comp together and the money behind it has the right to decide. Their money, their decision and there appears to be more of a demand for it than there is a supply.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:50 PM

rwiggins is a decent person
Talking Re: Clutch Control Hosts First Female ama stunt comp

Originally Posted by Dirty Jerzey Alie
I think a standard stunt audience (that pays to see a comp and provides the dollars that go into competition payouts) would want to see even "sub-par" female stunting. Not to offend any men, but ...male stunters are a dime a dozen. We can see u ride for free in a parking lot. But I'd pay money to see some women stunting-- no matter the level. It's rare and I'd like to SEE it in person!

Whoever puts the comp together and the money behind it has the right to decide. Their money, their decision and there appears to be more of a demand for it than there is a supply.

+1
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

id rather watch chicks do power wheelies than guys doing circles
Old 07-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Josh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to beholdJosh911R6 is a splendid one to behold

For example, i really can't stop looking at those pix of those french stunters...very cool.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:01 PM

yanik750 is a decent person

For example, i really can't stop looking at those pix of those french stunters...very cool.
annoying_Virg is a stuntlife member allie
Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

lol...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

I bet there's a ton of chicks over in Europe that would hand a lot of guys here there asses in a comp.

It seems like they are on another level over there, like they have 500 Arron Coltons. Or is it just me?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:47 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

there are a few ladies out there that are at AM competing level...

We haven't established what type of competition it will be.. it may be a burn out comp.. or it may be sickest trick... I know there are plenty of chics that can do christs.. or supermans.. switch backs... ect.

the idea behind having a female comp.. is for one.. a selling point.. and two..
to encourage the ladies to come out and have fun with no pressure...

from competing with the guys, I can say myself... even though I placed in several of the competitions I've competed in... I've always received more criticism than a guy would... ie: how hilary cliton and her cleavage controversy going on right now. being a 99.9% male dominated sport... it can be discouraging for a girl to go out against the guys.

this is to break the ice and hopefully encourage other events to provide an open gate for the women. We're not asking for pro female stunt riders... nor are we trying to separate the two from a male and female gig.

knowing the fact that we do NOT have many women involved in this sport, why not open some doors to get em started with less pressure...

when they are well enough they can compete with the guys...

don't knock the idea... it's for a good cause.

Last edited by Jessica Maine; 07-30-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

Originally Posted by Brit-a-tit-tit
sorry laides, but we are not ready for the big **** yet.
hmmmm, you are barley ready to switch lanes!

Cuz there arnt girls rocking circles ect..? Look at xsba 5 years ago.

Let the girls have a comp, nothing wrong with that!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:49 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hazen
I would have to say that based on skill alone this is the most impressive female stunt riding pic that I've ever seen.

+1 and i say anything that brings more chicks around is okkay in my book.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 AM

yanik750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Jessica Maine
there are a few ladies out there that are at AM competing level...

We haven't established what type of competition it will be.. it may be a burn out comp.. or it may be sickest trick... I know there are plenty of chics that can do christs.. or supermans.. switch backs... ect.

the idea behind having a female comp.. is for one.. a selling point.. and two..
to encourage the ladies to come out and have fun with no pressure...

from competing with the guys, I can say myself... even though I placed in several of the competitions I've competed in... I've always received more criticism than a guy would... ie: how hilary cliton and her cleavage controversy going on right now. being a 99.9% male dominated sport... it can be discouraging for a girl to go out against the guys.

this is to break the ice and hopefully encourage other events to provide an open gate for the women. We're not asking for pro female stunt riders... nor are we trying to separate the two from a male and female gig.

knowing the fact that we do NOT have many women involved in this sport, why not open some doors to get em started with less pressure...

when they are well enough they can compete with the guys...

don't knock the idea... it's for a good cause.

I agree with you jessica.

The Girl level has to improve itself.
But, to reach this aim, the chicks have to train more than boys I think, because of that pressure put by the boyz.
They're always watched, always critized, and rarely teached "how to".

In France we do not have many girls, but we have have two (pretty) girls really decided to practice the sport they love.

A female competition, in order to ride without pressure should be a great idea , as for me.
For the moment, they can't compare to the boys, but as i was said, a championship, could give gratitude to their level, and incite them to continue.

Even in a macho sport, I think women can bring lots of things..

We should support that, in the US as in France.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:16 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 Yanik....I agree with you and Jess. Everything needs somewhere to start, this should be the beginning of bringing the ladies into the guy's sport!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 10:29 PM

Ed LegionST is a decent person

if one female stunt rider shows i will be floored. if three show the end of the world is near. sell your **** and throw a big party.

olny reason i say this is because no one is traveling from anywhere more than an hour or so to this event.(unless your getting paid just to show your face) and with that in mind. how many female stunt riders live within an hour of this event? answer 0

i ride philly every night and never seen a girl do a wheelie on a street bike anywhere in the city. a few quad / fiddy chicks but no sport bikes female stunt riders.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

standard stunt audience wants to see some ppl rockin combos, they aren't burnt out on guys in lots like the common stunt enthusiast, they come to see people (guys) climbing all over the bike, not to watch chics barely doing pow pows

me on the other hand i love to watch em try, bless there hearts and the prettier the better

but don't try to put them together with the men on the same level cuase noone would enjoy seeing that except other riders cause i can respect a chic trying

all female comp = small crowd

Quick Reply: Clutch Control Hosts First Female ama stunt comp