new cage, now crazy resonation

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:18 PM

RHill is an unknown quantity at this point
new cage, now crazy resonation

I just put on sick innovation's cages on an 00 and 01 gsxr 600's, both of them have some badass vibration depending on the engine rpm. I really wouldnt give a ****, but I still use it on the street and i hate coming into a turn and the whole bike starting to vibrate once the engine hits a certain rpm. Anyone else have this problem?

Im thinkin about take some cutting some 1/4 thick rubber to dampen the cage. Im not sure if it would really make that much of a difference though.

I tried searching, but no matter what i put in it brings up nothing.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: new cage, now crazy resonation

sounds like something is loose.

if u need to search somthing check out this thread

Old 07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Try the rubber, worked for me!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM

nah everything is tight, and loctighted....
Old 07-24-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut
Try the rubber, worked for me!
cool....i'll give it a try
Old 07-24-2007, 07:08 PM

Creative_cbr can only hope to improve

just a kwik ? off topic but do u know if a 06-07 gsxr 600 gauge cluster will work on a 04 gsxr 600
Old 07-29-2007, 08:29 AM

I'm not sure, but you could start a thread over at gixxer.com and one of those guys would know
Old 07-29-2007, 09:25 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

make sure all the bolts are actually in contact with the cage. My buddy needed a spacer. His bolts were tight but one was too long and wasnt actually holding the cage. I had vibration from the lowest bolt where the cage touches itself. just drop it already and itll all settle in
Old 07-29-2007, 09:39 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Standupnfall
make sure all the bolts are actually in contact with the cage. My buddy needed a spacer. His bolts were tight but one was too long and wasnt actually holding the cage. I had vibration from the lowest bolt where the cage touches itself. just drop it already and itll all settle in
exactly some thing has to be loose for it to rattle bang on the cage with a rubber mallet and you should be able to find the rattle
Old 07-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger
exactly some thing has to be loose for it to rattle bang on the cage with a rubber mallet and you should be able to find the rattle
Yep, Im going to guess that its the bottom bolt that mounts the right side to the left. Thats what mine was anyway
Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 PM

all the bolts are tight...im 110% sure, and they are all pulled in tight to the frame. Ive already laid it over a few times just ****** around drifting. I'm just about positive it resonation, because it only happens at a specific rpm on both our bikes.....at 6k rpm on my buddies bike its crazy, but any other rpm there is noting at all. When I get home on wednesday im goin to throw a rubber spacer between the two cage halfs at the bottom, I'm hoping that will clear it up.

On another note, anyone know how to get sockets out of the cage if they get stuck? The 14mm i used to put his cage on got stuck inside the cage and the extension pops on and off too easy to pull it out. Any ideas?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Its hard to get them out. try laying it over and hitting with a mallet. I polished the inside of the pipes so its bigger and smooth also used grease inside.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

When my lower bolt wasnt tight it would only vibrate at certain RPMs(7k-8k). So if you put a rubber spacer in there, Im sure it will stop
Old 07-30-2007, 03:01 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

take the cage off and push the socket back out then use a thin wall socket to put it back on...

and try the rubber mallet before you put the rubber peices in just because im curios....lol
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

got an 02 gix 600....Powers cage..

Yeah I had a little vibration sound and then tightened the bottom bolts and it pretty much went away. I might still have a little in the higher RPMS like what some of you are saying but nothing major. Let me know how the rubber spacers work out for ya...I may need to try that!

Socket got stuck too..I just wiggled it a little without pulling too hard. eventually it will come out.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:53 AM

adrynalinjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude, I left a deep 14mm in my SI cage and it rattled like a *****.

You may have to loosen the bolt in order to get the socket out. I took a 9/16" deep and turned it down just a little on my buddies lathe and it works perfect ever time, take one to a machine shop and tell them to lathe the OD of the socket down a little, might charge you a buck or 2.

I PROMISE if you have a socket in either cage on either bike that is where all your rattle is coming from.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:57 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Use 1/4in drive sockets.... they're a lil smaller and pop out easier.