tilt sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 PM

shane delatorre is a decent person
tilt sensor

okay i have a 2006 gixxer 600, and the bike wont stay running, unless it is on a race stand. i think it has some thing to do with the tilt sensor, i have not had time to go get print outs and look for it. any one have suggestions on fixxing this problem or any idea where the tilt sensor is so i can check that out
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: tilt sensor

Originally Posted by shane delatorre
okay i have a 2006 gixxer 600, and the bike wont stay running, unless it is on a race stand. i think it has some thing to do with the tilt sensor, i have not had time to go get print outs and look for it. any one have suggestions on fixxing this problem or any idea where the tilt sensor is so i can check that out
i wouldnt know where to start, but for future reference its a "tip sensor." all the rest of you newbs need to take a look at this post this would be the proper way to ask a question.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 PM

-Fox- is a decent person

well the Tip over sensor on you r bike should be right of the battery facing the engine.. It has rubber all around it.. For some GSXR help Check out this Page
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

You need to disconnect the race stand dehumidifier... Quickly!!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:53 PM

Re: tilt sensor AKA tip over sensor

alright every one thanks for the help. but the TIP OVER SENSOR (T.O.S.) for the 2006 SUZUKI GSX-R 600 is located at the rear of the bike just infront of the tail light.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:00 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I have heard it called a "bank-angle sensor" before from a Honda dealership.

don't you pump silicone into the thing to disable it? I think that is how a friend did his 05 gix, and I was actually getting ready to do this on my 06 gixx-a-six too.

Carry on......
Old 07-29-2007, 02:16 PM

ya, i've heard it called tilt sensor, tip sensor, tip over, and bank. just NO one could tell me where it was at. im not sure how to disable it. i was gonna get my multimeter and try to figure out how to bypass it with jumper wires.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:32 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Last edited by zride; 07-29-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:14 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

............pump it full of silicone............that's what they tell me anyways.. I'll go out later and do mine tonight and post back up how I did it. Needs done anyways.

Need to go flip on the AC in my shop right now so it'll be cool enough in there to work on something later....Kansas is hot as hell today.

Oh yea, I downloaded a cool engine workshop techie manual for our bikes off of gixxer.com for free. The cool one that the factory techs get....check it out...sorry I don't have a link, you'll have to do a search, I posted a comment in the thread, you'll see.

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 07-29-2007 at 05:17 PM. Reason: workshop manual for 06-07 gixxer 600's..
Old 07-30-2007, 07:13 PM

alright, i've got time today, i'll go take a look at the manual. and i'll get around to trying to jumper mine and post how it works. thanks for the suggestions, i'll give that a try too.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:46 PM
hunts and stunts

Yea, I suck. I blew it off and rode the motard all day yesterday until it started to rain.......Now.........today........... I'm sore! LOL

Got my !! No wrecks, just work.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 PM

i blew it off too. i'll get to it soon. im messing with a new hand brake cant get it to work right another thing to add to my list of problems. but im sure jumper wires will work best.