Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM

big.nick is an unknown quantity at this point
idle for 02 gsxr6

how do u adjust ur idle on an 02 gsxr600...i cant find the idle screw
Old 07-23-2007, 07:17 PM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person
Re: idle for 02 gsxr6

underneathe the tank...by ur left knee....gold screw i belive...gotta get a srad idle adjuster....a 2000 gsxr 750 idle adjuster if u want to be able to adjust it on the fly....
Old 07-23-2007, 07:18 PM

theguy386 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kah707
underneathe the tank...by ur left knee....gold screw i belive...gotta get a srad idle adjuster....a 2000 gsxr 750 idle adjuster if u want to be able to adjust it on the fly....
Name:  signs011.gif
Views: 3
Size:  576 Bytes
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 PM

found it ...thanks guys...is there a way to extend it and put it somewhere else
Old 07-23-2007, 08:18 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by big.nick
found it ...thanks guys...is there a way to extend it and put it somewhere else
I actually just did this on my bike. I bought the parts from www.crotchrocket.com

From what someone told me on this site and it worked, you can buy the adjustor cable for a 2001 GSXR 750. Go to their parts fiche and select 2001 Gsxr 750 and then select throttle body (model Y) and you need parts 26-29. I dont remember if I used them all but thats what I ordered.

http://www.crotchrocket.com/fiche_section_detail.asp
Old 07-23-2007, 08:19 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by theguy386
Originally Posted by kah707
Duh - I didnt see these posts. so yeah - what they said.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:29 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

no not 2001, only the year 2000 750 comes with an idle adjuster, thats the one you need. get the bracket too, so it dont flop around like a fish. sorry the left side is the only place for it to be, gsxrs arent gangster like f4i's where you can put it on the right side and its a billion times more convienent
Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
no not 2001, only the year 2000 750 comes with an idle adjuster, thats the one you need. get the bracket too, so it dont flop around like a fish. sorry the left side is the only place for it to be, gsxrs arent gangster like f4i's where you can put it on the right side and its a billion times more convienent
Lookin at the parts fiche you can buy it for any 750 years 2000 - 2003.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
I actually just did this on my bike. I bought the parts from www.crotchrocket.com

From what someone told me on this site and it worked, you can buy the adjustor cable for a 2001 GSXR 750. Go to their parts fiche and select 2001 Gsxr 750 and then select throttle body (model Y) and you need parts 26-29. I dont remember if I used them all but thats what I ordered.

http://www.crotchrocket.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

huge help thanks alot...
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by big.nick
huge help thanks alot...
No doubt - good luck.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point

Lookin at the parts fiche you can buy it for any 750 years 2000 - 2003.
02-03 have a different throttle bodie than the 00-01 and the 02-03 do not have an external cable just a screw. but make sure you get the spring too.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by AsphaltAssault
02-03 have a different throttle bodie than the 00-01 and the 02-03 do not have an external cable just a screw. but make sure you get the spring too.
Yeah I bought it for an 01 750 but when I looked at the parts fiche it showed the same cable for all of those years. And I did get it with the spring too.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
NealFoReal

This is what I'm talkin about which is the same thing as what I bought. Would they not both work?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:26 PM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I'm talkin about which is the same thing as what I bought. Would they not both work?

yeah somne time the fiche does that but i own a 03 750 and i definitly dont have a idle cable i dont stunt my gsxr so its not a biggie.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 PM
NealFoReal

yeah somne time the fiche does that but i own a 03 750 and i definitly dont have a idle cable i dont stunt my gsxr so its not a biggie.
No doubt
Old 07-23-2007, 10:43 PM

-Fox- is a decent person

I had an old Kan-O-Tuna sitting on the side of my house, and the Idle
adjuster off it fits perfectly on my '05 Gix 6.:YEAH I took the Mount off of it though it just kinda hangs down by my speedo sensor cable.. I just zip-tied it loosely on there... Works Perfect...