Bike is running like shit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:30 PM

mikkee is a decent person
Re: Bike is running like ****

[QUOTE=ezl_oo;2857090]First of all I don't do power wheelies, and yes I could wheelie just don't hold them for many many miles like I would like too. My question wasn't "How to bring the bike up?" that is why I stated that in my first sentence that I know how to raise the front wheel in the first three gears, because I didn't want to get any responses on me not knowing how to bring the bike up!!!!QUOTE]

Reguardless of how you bring the bike up, whether it is the clutch or just the throttle if you are riding below the balance point it IS a power wheelie, being that you are holding the bike up by using the power of the bike and the gas, and not floating it in the balance point using the gas.

You may not be a squid when it comes to experience riding a bike, but when it comes to wheelies and stunts you are. Sorry to be off topic, but I had to clear the ignorance..

I'd replace your clutch plates and spacers. An aftermarket kit which is better than stock, is $50-75 and if you are mechanically inclined whatsoever you can swap them yourself.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, everyone says clutch but i doubt it is.

ok, if you have it in first and crack the throttle wide open, does the bike lunge forward and gain rpms normally or do the rpms jump up super high real fast? if they jump up really high fast and the bike doesnt' make much forward progression then it is your clutch. you can also test this by rolling down the highway in 6th and start putting on your front brake while rolling on the throttle. if the RPMs start going up without gaining speed (because your putting pressure on the front brake) then your clutch is gone.

easy test. do that and come back and let us know.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM

ezl_oo is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all I could care less if you guys think I'm a squid or not because I don't spend all of my free time and weekends on a bike. When I could be doing other things like drinking and getting women! I'm wondering (for you internet gangstas calling people squids) if you were to see me out in the streets would you guys have enough ***** to come up to me and tell me that I'm a squid? I don't think so because the minute you start to run your mouth and not know me I guarantee you will be knocked out.

I don't want to sound like a tough guy on the internet, but if you can't stick to the topic please don't post.

Thanks for the advice though!!
Old 07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ezl_oo
First of all I could care less if you guys think I'm a squid or not because I don't spend all of my free time and weekends on a bike. When I could be doing other things like drinking and getting women! I'm wondering (for you internet gangstas calling people squids) if you were to see me out in the streets would you guys have enough ***** to come up to me and tell me that I'm a squid? I don't think so because the minute you start to run your mouth and not know me I guarantee you will be knocked out.

I don't want to sound like a tough guy on the internet, but if you can't stick to the topic please don't post.

oh **** here we go

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

U call us internet gangsta's and ur the one threatin beatdowns over a couple of phone lines homie? I really dont get it?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Floodgates = OPENED!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:23 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wowtah
not sure if an r1 has tha same adjustment but all my bikes have had an adjustment on the opposite side of tha motor from tha clutch. you can pop off a cover and tighten up ur clutch basket. hold in the clutch with the bike in gear and running and start to tighten the adjuster. when the bike wants to move forward even with the clutch pulled in just back off the adjustmen a tad. Then go out in tha street and rip one up and c wat happens. If it works good again then u need a new clutch but that will get some more life outta it.
I'll have to check this method in my shop manual, interesting
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM

It's not a matter of what you think. The fact of the matter is when it comes to stunting you ARE a squid! There is nothing to get mad or offended it's just plain FACT. No reason to say if anyone on here called you a squid you would knock them out, it's not a put down, it's just what you are, and we all did power wheelies at one time, and admitted we were squids and didn't get all butthurt, and try to defend yourself saying "I dont ride all weekend, I drink and get women.." You think we don't do that too??

****, even I consider myself a squid, just depends on who you're comparing yourself to.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM

[quote=ezl_oo;2857577] When I could be doing other things like drinking and getting women! quote]

well when i had a bike i used to ride after work and part of the night and the rest of the night was spent getting drunk and getting more women than you, because i can stunt.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-23-2007, 03:57 PM

Trentl40 is a decent person

You are a squid. I would tell you the same thing in person, its not talking ****, its just what you are. If anyones an "Internet Gangster" on here its you.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:06 PM

ezl_oo is an unknown quantity at this point

Some women get all wet and drop their panties just when they see my minty R1! Their is no reason for stunting in front of them. I did get offened by it mainly because I was not asking nothing about how to stunt. I just wanted some advice on how my bike was running. I don't want to start arguing and fighting over the internet, because that is just plain GAY!!! If your post has nothing to do with my original post about what is wrong with my bike, I will not respond.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Some women get all wet and drop their panties just when they see my minty R1! Their is no reason for stunting in front of them. I did get offened by it mainly because I was not asking nothing about how to stunt. I just wanted some advice on how my bike was running. I don't want to start arguing and fighting over the internet, because that is just plain GAY!!! If your post has nothing to do with my original post about what is wrong with my bike, I will not respond.

Thanks
Bro you put it on yourself, if you didn't post this, "Ok let me start off by saying that I'm not a noob and I know how to wheelie. I can do clutch sitdowns in first and second gear just fine, not balance point but pretty close." Which was the first sentence of your post, you would have got better feedback and less garbage if you would have just left that part out. Also posting this thread in the "Help and How To" section.. This is "Stunt discussion" if you don't want to talk about stunting then don't make a thread in this section..

Last edited by mikkee; 07-23-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok let me start off by saying that I'm not a noob and I know how to wheelie. I can do clutch sitdowns in first and second gear just fine, not balance point but pretty close. I have a 04 R1 that is geared -1 in front and +2 in the rear. About a month ago my bike ran just fine and it would pop up in a wheelie like nothing in first and in second. About 3 weeks ago I tried a clutch 1st gear wheelie and the bike would not come up, then I would give it a huge amount of gas while clutching it in first gear, that if my bike was running normal I would easily loop it. But it won't come up for nothing in 1st gear or 2nd gear it just accelerates but it won't wheelie. I just had the throttle sensor recall done, but it was acting like this way before that. I took it to the dealer to see if my clutch was shot and the mechanic told me it was fine. So I don't know why if I grab a hand full of throttle and pop the clutch like I used to do all the time, it doesn't come up in a wheelie anymore. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks
WTF are you talking about? You are completely contradicting yourself here. Look at your first post, read it.... now read it again since you can't comprehend it and YOU tell me how you didn't start off this WHOLE thread implying that you are a stunter with a shitty running bike?

I think if you would have said something like: "Hey guys, my bike's running like crap... here are the symptoms... what do you think?" Not... "Hey guys, I can wheelie, I know what I'm doing... now help me with my shitty running bike!"

See the difference?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
WTF are you talking about? You are completely contradicting yourself here. Look at your first post, read it.... now read it again since you can't comprehend it and YOU tell me how you didn't start off this WHOLE thread implying that you are a stunter with a shitty running bike?

I think if you would have said something like: "Hey guys, my bike's running like crap... here are the symptoms... what do you think?" Not... "Hey guys, I can wheelie, I know what I'm doing... now help me with my shitty running bike!"

See the difference?
you make a strong argument

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Trentl40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley

See the difference?
+1
Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM

billiebadass is a decent person

maybe the rider just really sucks ****(***)
Originally Posted by Trentl40
+1
Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Some women get all wet and drop their panties just when they see my minty R1!
i usually just pull out mah dick. i dont even need a bike.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:43 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

damn.. your just asking to get bashed on

clutches are only like 120 bucks
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

and there goes any chance of you gettin anymore help... good one...
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

just go get ur clutch fixed....next time listen to what farley had to say there asshat. dont start a thread askin not to get flamed, sayin "I might get flamed for this", or "Im the **** at stuntin and i know exactly what im doin but i need help with_____". Ur just gonna get torn a new one round here. Dont come off as a cocky ******* and u will be treated like an everyday jackass like the rest of us.

Quick Reply: Bike is running like shit