How do I mount my tygershark?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:08 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How do I mount my tygershark?

if you can't install a cage without someone holding your hand, im guessing you don't need one
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inolen
Dude, what the hell are you talking about with thread in the subframe? The bolts slide go through the holes and you put a nut on the end.
i was wondering this myself. must be the f4i TE model (threaded edition)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM

got15plus1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
if you can't install a cage without someone holding your hand, im guessing you don't need one
+1..seriously bro, i bet your the type who goes to the dealership for oil changes too huh?..it's just a cage, don't let it rape your gf over there...jesus..
Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by got15plus1
+1..seriously bro, i bet your the type who goes to the dealership for oil changes too huh?..it's just a cage, don't let it rape your gf over there...jesus..
thank you...

ps i heart Coors Light and Guns
Old 07-24-2007, 11:31 AM

thank you...

ps i heart Coors Light and Guns
yeah bro, the ATF should be a store, not a gov't. agency..lol..
Old 07-24-2007, 11:34 AM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

This site is about 99% trash talk because no one has any help other than talking trash, and about 1% help. Anyone can talk trash all day, I am looking for someone that has done this specific cage before on my specific bike and if they had any tricks or extra help that may work. Most installs are not usually direct fit straight forward, and any one that has done it previously may be able to save me some decent time with tips. I am going to assume the torque specs could just match factory, and work with it to get it installed as I have done a lot of bike work in the past, just wondering if any one had any previous experience with it, and what might work better. Yeah, I can change my own damn oil, and replaced swingarms, carbs, all sorts of different stuff. It always just never hurts to have a little extra help. This is the only forum out of all that I am on online that trash talks more than helps...

Soooo....

If anyone has done this, has any tips, pics, write up, help etc... Please post, otherwise, why not start a people are idiots post and the rest of you can keep yourselves busy all day...
Old 07-24-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by EEKENTERPRISES
This site is about 99% trash talk because no one has any help other than talking trash, and about 1% help. Anyone can talk trash all day, I am looking for someone that has done this specific cage before on my specific bike and if they had any tricks or extra help that may work. Most installs are not usually direct fit straight forward, and any one that has done it previously may be able to save me some decent time with tips. I am going to assume the torque specs could just match factory, and work with it to get it installed as I have done a lot of bike work in the past, just wondering if any one had any previous experience with it, and what might work better. Yeah, I can change my own damn oil, and replaced swingarms, carbs, all sorts of different stuff. It always just never hurts to have a little extra help. This is the only forum out of all that I am on online that trash talks more than helps...

Soooo....

If anyone has done this, has any tips, pics, write up, help etc... Please post, otherwise, why not start a people are idiots post and the rest of you can keep yourselves busy all day...

..so you can replace swingarms, carbs and all sorts of different stuff, but the cage is giving you issues?..hold on, i'm gonna go grab a beer, i just wanna see what dbounce has to say..lol..
Old 07-24-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by got15plus1
..so you can replace swingarms, carbs and all sorts of different stuff, but the cage is giving you issues?..hold on, i'm gonna go grab a beer, i just wanna see what dbounce has to say..lol..
It hasn't given me issues, I haven't even started trying to install it..., as I stated 10x over I am just looking for tips etc....
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 PM

It hasn't given me issues, I haven't even started trying to install it..., as I stated 10x over I am just looking for tips etc....
Ok i read your paragraph post above this one and was starting think about helping you with the torque question

BUT THEN

i read this ******* post, where you haven't even tried putting it on? "

**** i can replace swingagrms and change rotater splints but **** this here cage deal is just giving me one heck of a fit shucks guys what do i do"

get off your *** and try to put it on if then and only then will you start to get some real answers...if you come back and tell me you have givin it a real college try then i will help you.

ps...if you even changed a swingarn on a bike i would not even sit on that death trap, it would prolly burst into flames
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 PM

..now, that's more like it..
Old 07-24-2007, 12:16 PM

Ok i read your paragraph post above this one and was starting think about helping you with the torque question

BUT THEN

i read this ******* post, where you haven't even tried putting it on? "

**** i can replace swingagrms and change rotater splints but **** this here cage deal is just giving me one heck of a fit shucks guys what do i do"

get off your *** and try to put it on if then and only then will you start to get some real answers...if you come back and tell me you have givin it a real college try then i will help you.

ps...if you even changed a swingarn on a bike i would not even sit on that death trap, it would prolly burst into flames
Once again your knowledge is amazing. Why the hell would I go hack away at it, strip bolts trying to tighten possibly, possibly cut the wrong spots in my fairings etc etc etc, and then come and ask for help???? I am looking for tips to help with smoothness, ease of install, good looks, and to save any extra trips to a hardware store. Every job I have done has been easier because someone one the internet somewhere did it and provided examples to make it easier when you do something... Do you have nothing better at all to do but sit around and not help people all day??? If you got something that would help, POST UP PLEASE! I would really appreciate it and I am sure that many others would as well. I thought the entire ideology behind motorcycle forums was to help with anything and everything related.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM

it's part of the learning experience...tighten the front mounting point tight and the rear just get it snug it it's to tight you will keep shearing bolts everytime you knock it over in your driveway. as for where to cut ur fairings, i ahve no idea....what i would do is take them off hold cage up to bike see where they need to go then make holes with 2" hole saw...

never thought i'd have more common sence than someone else.

oh ya Stay Gay buddy
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 PM

it's part of the learning experience...tighten the front mounting point tight and the rear just get it snug it it's to tight you will keep shearing bolts everytime you knock it over in your driveway. as for where to cut ur fairings, i ahve no idea....what i would do is take them off hold cage up to bike see where they need to go then make holes with 2" hole saw...

never thought i'd have more common sence than someone else.

oh ya Stay Gay buddy
Thank you! That is awesome! A little is better than nothing and that alone might save me some bolts, now was that so hard? Not only that but know anyone who sees you did reply including myself may think you know a thing or two, besides how to smack talk online...
Don't get me wrong, if stuntlife threw a addition to the avatar for internet gangster, you would rank godfather , but it is nice to have the help sometimes too...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:40 PM

ya dude im actually not that smart i have jsut screwed up enough of my own **** so i learn that's why i wanted you to try it you always learn more when it's yours...and obviously you haven't met mike yes...he isn't around much anymore so i am trying to take h is place
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM

ya dude im actually not that smart i have jsut screwed up enough of my own **** so i learn that's why i wanted you to try it you always learn more when it's yours...and obviously you haven't met mike yes...he isn't around much anymore so i am trying to take h is place
I hear that, and you suggest a good point by learning, my problem is I live in the middle of nowhere montana and so a trip to the store can take a while sometimes, and I am lucky if they have anything more than glue and duct tape...thanks again for the help...:YEAH
Old 07-24-2007, 03:20 PM

yup anytime
Old 07-24-2007, 04:43 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Soooo....

what the **** are torque specs??? pull the ratchet till its tight.

-mexican mayhem
Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
what the **** are torque specs??? pull the ratchet till its tight.

-mexican mayhem
yeah this **** is funny. DUDE its a sportbike not a jet airplane. hey EEKek or whatever, dude go try and put the **** on, they are so simple it is ridiculous. and if u cant figure it out THEN go ask for help. you shouldnt need anymore hardware than what came with it
Old 07-24-2007, 05:01 PM

KennyCBR600F3 is an unknown quantity at this point

yo... im with these guys.... ur asking for advice and u havent even tried it yet... and im gonna throw this out there... i bet the holes u have to put in ur side fairings are about the exact same spot as the motor mounts.... except about an inch outwards... its not rocket science... common sense... if u cant do it take it to a dealer.... or even a buddy... its kinda hard to **** it up.... cereally.....
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM

KennyCBR600F3 is an unknown quantity at this point

this should b called squidlife.com.... u should have to take a test to become a member.....

Quick Reply: How do I mount my tygershark?