RPMs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:00 PM

CBeRR900 is an unknown quantity at this point
RPMs?

ok, how are you guys throwing up the front while it sounds like your bikes aren't even running? Listening to the clips i see around it doesn't seem like you guys are even revving at all. I realize ppl are running big sprockets and such but i still don't get it. I've tried it with a -1/+10 setup on my bike and it seems like i still have to rev it up to 5-6k where it comes into power and then it tries to rape me (could just be a mental thing) and when i try to even it out a little bit, the front just wants to bury itself... can't find the happy medium. any pointers would be nice... plus, how are you guys running your idle at, 3k, 4k?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:05 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person
Re: RPMs?

maybe cuz theres no sound
Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

body position/pre-loading plays are very large roll in saving clutchs and feeling your bike..

Carbed bikes arnt as forgiving as FI bikes so you have to stay on the gas and do not completely let off and try to catch it again... you have i idle ajuster on your bike to... but you dont need to turn your idle up acuse you do not have rear brake control... you got alot of saddle time left before you need to turn your idle up... and dont chase your **** to the rev limiter, just try to be smooth even if its a foot off the ground.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

yah in first gear even on a stock bike if you use your body position right u can just wack the throttle a tiny bit with the clutch and it will come right up, especially with seat standers and ****. takes alot of clutching up to get it right, and get used to how your bike works.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
body position/pre-loading plays are very large roll in saving clutchs and feeling your bike..

Carbed bikes arnt as forgiving as FI bikes so you have to stay on the gas and do not completely let off and try to catch it again... you have i idle ajuster on your bike to... but you dont need to turn your idle up acuse you do not have rear brake control... you got alot of saddle time left before you need to turn your idle up... and dont chase your **** to the rev limiter, just try to be smooth even if its a foot off the ground.
by pre-loading you mean to hop a little bit? Been trying them staggered while bouncing a little and trying to learn to use the brake more but i gotta get past the mental block when the bike comes up fast i hit the brake too hard, just need more seat time. also, i'm assuming i shouldn't be at a dead stop when i clutch it up, correct?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 PM

spoondogg is a decent person

practice.... thats how iy was for me first time i rode my 600
Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CBeRR900
by pre-loading you mean to hop a little bit? Been trying them staggered while bouncing a little and trying to learn to use the brake more but i gotta get past the mental block when the bike comes up fast i hit the brake too hard, just need more seat time. also, i'm assuming i shouldn't be at a dead stop when i clutch it up, correct?
go as slow as youre comfortable with, if u cant do it well from a dead stop then get rolling a bit.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

there's alot more to it then a little bounce, you'll learn the technique over time... and there's NO engine brake in the lower rpm's... so unfortunately either way your fucked haha
Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Hopefully it wont be raining in the morning so i can get out and practice... Gotta try to find someone to wake up to take pics
Old 07-19-2007, 10:00 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

i have -1 +6 i can feel in the vibration before i pop the clutch...
Old 07-19-2007, 10:08 PM

lczx6r is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juar3z
i have -1 +6 i can feel in the vibration before i pop the clutch...
what difference does it make for you?? you cant even wheelie either!!! jk jk...... yeah when i clutch it up i think i get the rpms round...... 4500 then rev to bout 7000 to 8000 but in 2nd gear.....