Numb finger...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point
Numb finger...

After a weekend of riding, my middle left finger has gone completely numb, i can move it and have a tiny bit of feeling in it, but it feels like I've been sat on it for an hour... only it's been like it all day and doesn't seem to be regaining any feeling

does anyone get this? is this a normal thing haha... it's not my clutch finger, so not sure why this has happened... hope it returns to normal soon??!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:57 PM

pgpaintballer77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Numb finger...

go to a doctor ?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:00 PM

It's too soon for that I think... it's only been like it today and its the first time I've ever had this. just seems really really weird.. guess I'll see what it's like tomorow, hopefully its just temporary
Old 07-15-2007, 05:46 PM

jsteezy is an unknown quantity at this point

nerve damage. doctor will prolly splint it up to heal.

you best go to a doctor. could be a simple pinched nerve, could be someting else.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I think I'd go to the doctor too. You don't want it to get worse.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:11 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

I get numbness all the time
Old 07-15-2007, 06:27 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sparks!
After a weekend of riding, my middle left finger has gone completely numb, i can move it and have a tiny bit of feeling in it, but it feels like I've been sat on it for an hour... only it's been like it all day and doesn't seem to be regaining any feeling

does anyone get this? is this a normal thing haha... it's not my clutch finger, so not sure why this has happened... hope it returns to normal soon??!
When I screwed up my neck last time my middle finger was numb until I had surgery to remove my disk and get the bones off the nerve roots.

Hopefully it's just a pinched nerve somewhere else because once you have the surgery to remove a disk, you either stop having fun, or you'll be back for more surgeries eventually. (at least that's been my experience, I'm heading in for surgery number three on my spine next month)
Old 07-15-2007, 07:46 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point

when i broke my wrist i had nerve damage and still do from 2 months ago. i cant feel my middle finger or half of my ring finger on my left hand and prolly never will. it just feels tingley and asleep all day
Old 07-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Have faith in your body. It does amazing things. When I had my worst accident 3 years ago. My right leg was degloved (yes just as it sounds. All the skin from my knee down was on my foot). 1 surgery and 75 staples later, I never needed anything. Anyway what Im getting at is I had no feeling on my skin for months and one morning I just woke up rubbing my left leg along the right and it was all back.

But yes see a doctor if your worried.

Do you have a manual labor job???
Have you recently used some pliers or a wrench that you squeezed too hard???
Old 07-15-2007, 08:04 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I think you should walk around showing it to everyone to get their opinions LOL

sounds like nerve damage, could be a ganglenoid cyst, could be in your elbow, shoulder, neck, wrist,ect. Go to the doc if it doesn't get better.

The only thing that makes me think it is something damaged -vs- a chronic problem or something like that, is because you said that you only noticed it after a weekend of riding. But your riding could have brought a chronic situation to the surface also where you may need to seek some lengthy form of treatment.....worst case scenario of course.

Couldn't hurt to run a few tests...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:41 PM

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

my left hand used to go numb when i was sleepin after ridin.... eventually it stoped happening...
Old 07-16-2007, 02:18 AM

My whole finger has gone numb now, not just the end .. it hurts if I put pressure on it too, guess I'm going to the docs tonight/tomorow
Old 07-16-2007, 03:05 AM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

My whole finger has gone numb now, not just the end .. it hurts if I put pressure on it too, guess I'm going to the docs tonight/tomorow
that would be a very good idea.....hopefully they don't cut it off
Old 07-16-2007, 03:17 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

as long as it isn't cold then you will probably be fine but if it is cold then you have a circulation problem and i would run to the doctor if this is the case
Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 AM

burnfreestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
as long as it isn't cold then you will probably be fine but if it is cold then you have a circulation problem and i would run to the doctor if this is the case
stunter and doctor huh OMR???
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

no but when he said it went from just the tip being numb to the whole fingure that made me a little nervous for him, usually when you get a numb spot it gets better as the swelling that caused it goes down and his is doing the oppisite and that can be caused by lack of circulation like if you sit on your hand...
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 AM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

ah **** it the only thing its good for is giving the finger to chicks and suckas anyways. who cares if you can't feel it.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:05 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

He's right in order to properly flip someone off, you have to be able to feel it in your soul. The finger itself is of little consequence.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM

I went to hospital this morning! Was there for bloody hours having xrays and ****.. it's not broken/fractured so thats all good... they couldn't really see anything physically wrong with it so have put it down to trapped nerve, which they say nothing can be done about so I just gotta rest it.. (until the weekend ; )

They strapped it up........ tried to strap it to my 2nd finger but I refused and made them strap it to the other one so I can still use my clutch!!

It's gotten worse today, I'm hoping it'll be good by weekend
Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 PM

DUCE is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to hospital this morning! Was there for bloody hours having xrays and ****.. it's not broken/fractured so thats all good... they couldn't really see anything physically wrong with it so have put it down to trapped nerve, which they say nothing can be done about so I just gotta rest it.. (until the weekend ; )

They strapped it up........ tried to strap it to my 2nd finger but I refused and made them strap it to the other one so I can still use my clutch!!

It's gotten worse today, I'm hoping it'll be good by weekend
DUDE... HAHA I GET THAT **** ALL THE TIME, IF I RIDE ALOT OR ALL DAY THE NEX DAY MY PINKY AND MY RING FIGER ARE NUMB AS ****, ITS A WEIRD FEELING BUT IT USUALLY GOES AWAY IN ABOUT A WEEK ALLTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT JUST FEELS NUMB AND TINGLY OUT OF KNOW WHERE.....SO DONT WORRY NOTHING TO MAJOR

Quick Reply: Numb finger...