anyone rolling long stoppies who hasnt flipped?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: anyone rolling long stoppies who hasnt flipped?

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if you roll long stoppies----your gonna flip, that's just the way it is and when you get used to floating them, you wont realize that your going too far untill the bike is litterally on top of you----been there done that, it doesn't feel great, which is why i always wear gear doing stoppies, they are no joke the most serious stunt out there.
yep thats the best way of puting it.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Regular StuntLifer

smoothkustard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiddypimp
i looped out 2 minty bikes in a week

don't worry about rolling them out if you like that bike

the bike and you will be destroyed, i wrecked my bike and a buddies and am currently waiting on parts before either of us can ride, and on another note a little off topic, a kid in my town is paralized when his mint zx-10 came over and broke his back
just curious. did that guy have any gear on?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hobie
I guess you can say I'm weird because I could roll a smooth stoppie from 45mph about 60 feet before I learned to ride a real balance point wheelie.

I've never measured my stoppies since just starting and they still aren't near as long as I would like, but after a few practice runs I'm sure I'm rolling 100ft or more. Mine are low though, high approach speeds, lots of speed scrubbing. I was doing stoppies about 4 years before I flipped one then I flipped two within weeks of each other, one after a recent surgery, not the best decision I've made.

EDIT - btw I don't consider myself a stunter. I've never built a dedicated stunt bike. I'm just a street rider who dicks off where ever I go. I've practiced at bike night stunt spots, but I've never spent a day in a lot practicing in the 8 years I've been riding.

ur just about in the same boat as me
Old 07-05-2007, 01:43 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smoothkustard
just curious. did that guy have any gear on?
no i dont' think so, guy fucked up a few bikes and was notorious for seriously injuring himself and totaling bikes

he won't harm himself or anymore bikes

i heard about that guy and didn't have my bike very long when this happened so i didn't get a chance to ride with em but erybody else did and they said he was fcukin stupid
Old 07-05-2007, 01:56 AM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

Originally Posted by IMP-INC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_MMgfsTJA

theres some stoppie vids of me

HAHAHAHA i watched your vid, and this one was linked to it....

squids vol 1.5 lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpAw...related&search=
Old 07-05-2007, 02:22 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

i can roll it about 75 ft on the regular and through two parking spaces lengthwise in any lot everytime without question, i am getting near 100 ft and i have flipped over a least four times, luckily ive never had any tank slap( which is what i really worry about) and i have learned that if u tuck and flip over fast enough u can kick the bike away from yourself if you are quick enough, at least thats my tecnique. as far as flippin a new bike just go ahead and do to get it over with. ride hard fall hard, **** happens just dont get scared afterwards
Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 AM

petey crack is an unknown quantity at this point

i can roll between 60 to 90 feet, i dont have a problem goin to high, just too far sideways, i have not looped but i have highsided from turning in a stoppie going too fast, that becomes another problem
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 AM

da Liks is a decent person

i have been puttin in my work with the stoppies and i looped one time.. it sucked but it was at the end of this endo right here!! i still had 50 ft to go when this pic was taken, after that i flipped. needless to say it was lots of "no brake"..
Name:  daliksstoppieshow.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  55.6 KB

looping is not the only thing you have to worry aboout though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asL1vDY23Hk
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

havent looped on a sportbike yet. Looped a couple DB's. Every time i looped it's within 10-30ft. If im gonna loop it's always early in the stoppie
Old 07-05-2007, 05:20 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by StrictlyStunt
havent looped on a sportbike yet. Looped a couple DB's. Every time i looped it's within 10-30ft. If im gonna loop it's always early in the stoppie
which sucks bigtime..!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

ya it pritty much ruin's your day. not a good feeling.

Once i got back into the feel for em i havent looped since last summer. (KNOCK ON WOOD)

Rockin 200-300ft now.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:15 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
i can roll it about 75 ft on the regular and through two parking spaces lengthwise in any lot everytime without question, i am getting near 100 ft and i have flipped over a least four times, luckily ive never had any tank slap( which is what i really worry about) and i have learned that if u tuck and flip over fast enough u can kick the bike away from yourself if you are quick enough, at least thats my tecnique. as far as flippin a new bike just go ahead and do to get it over with. ride hard fall hard, **** happens just dont get scared afterwards
Tank slap or "wobble" is what used to ALWAYS **** up my stoppies. I haven't even tried to go long on my 600RR that I've had for a year. (Remember I dick off on the streets, I'm not a stunter)

I always feel the need for high approach speeds. I'm at least going 70ish+ when I start braking, sometimes faster, but I'm bringing the rear up slow. It's not until I feel like I'm going really slow (feels like 40ish?) that I bring it up higher and get my distance going. Those stoppies aren't all that long. I never measured those, but I'm up for a few seconds, my oil light used to come on, but nothing like those guys riding 500ft or more, didn't even feel close. When I tried to bring the bike higher and go for more length my bars ALWAYS started to wobble and I had to set it down unless I was damn near stopped. Sometimes I would fight it and let that **** wobble to a stop. However, the wobble is what always fucked me up. Different tire pressures, making sure the steering head bearings were in good shape and tight, different fork settings, it always came back. Never had a damper though. I've got a scotts for my RR that I haven't put on yet. Sooner or later I will get around to it and give it a go, but I DO NOT want to wreck this bike. I'm thinking about selling it and a flipped stoppie wouldn't be so good for resale.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 PM

Trentl40 is a decent person

Originally Posted by da Liks
i have been puttin in my work with the stoppies and i looped one time.. it sucked but it was at the end of this endo right here!! i still had 50 ft to go when this pic was taken, after that i flipped. needless to say it was lots of "no brake"..

looping is not the only thing you have to worry aboout though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asL1vDY23Hk
I went down hard last summer on my buddies f4i from wobble, ground my ankle down to the bone. Bubba from the movies Crusty Demons has it all on film! Should be in his next movie!