anyone rolling long stoppies who hasnt flipped?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: anyone rolling long stoppies who hasnt flipped?

Originally Posted by fiddypimp
that is how i always ride, pushing the limits

it gets expensive though!
Well you have to be smart when your being stupid. Ride JUST beyond your limits dont try to roll 1000 foot stoppies when you can only roll 150, and DONT do it on your FRIENDS bike
Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only been seriously working on endos about 2 weeks now... I played with em before but every time the front wanted to wash out I would get freaked and stop trying. In just a few hours at the lot I managed to go from a dead stop stoppie to about 30 footers and I can roll about 50 foot consistently. If I could stop the *** end from swingin to the right I could probably get 75-100 feet. Havent looped one yet. I feel better safe than sorry.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:55 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
I'm not gonna try this ....but I wondered this a couple weeks ago...when I saw a camera Boom (taped to a bike ) with the camera 6 feet out facing backwards on the rider...

and I envisioned...... a fwd bar coming off the front of the bike.... Like the rear subframe and 12 bar comes off the rear..... and at the exact correct distance....to balance the bike on it's nose..... but instead of just a metal plate to scrape.....something like a wheelie bar on a dragbike (some free rolling small wheels on there )

bottom line...is .....something like this ....could be a learning apparatus to keep bikes from flipping while learning stoppies...... then it could be removed once BP is learned .....

anyone think this is a possibility ...or has anyone ever seen someone try something like this ?
Roadracing schools use spring loaded outriggers sometimes ...to help teach riders to learn how to drift or slide a bike without highsiding.....it would be inline with something like that...
any thoughts ? (besides the fact that im an idiot...and think too deeply into things...lol)
you could call it a 6 O'clock bar Here's mine....

Name:  IMG_1895.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  70.0 KB
Old 07-04-2007, 01:07 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
you could call it a 6 O'clock bar Here's mine....

yeah...you were at KOTS ...weren't you ? I saw you ...and her *** was like an inch from the ground....on a Looooong Frikkin one.... It was Absolutely SICK !!!! Mega Props to the both of you
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM

Twite is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw NME's ONLY loop, and it was 800ft into a stoppie years after he'd been rolling big numbers. I guess it's possible to learn to roll long without looping?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM

well, thanks for the props......I give most of the credit to her, alot of trust, we have a new one, but gonna practice it a little more before we debuit it this weekend at show and get pics..... i call it the kiss of the death if that gives you any idea....
Old 07-04-2007, 01:18 PM

honestly, i hate stoppies, there's no recovery once you go too far....... and knowing that keeps me from getting big #'s...well, take that back, HC stoppies are ok.... atleast you have somewhat of a chance to run...
Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Because of the fear I can only get 20 max (on a good day) feet on the F4I but I roll more on the XR50 that Ive looped 10 times. 10 loops on the F4i and Id have more than 1 bad leg and 1 bad shoulder. Im getting old fast. Never looped an endo on big bike only a circle.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

the more threads i read, the more i realize that i crash ALOT....

i don't mind crashing and ******* **** up including myself, i might be a hair on the tarded side
Old 07-04-2007, 03:22 PM

MATT L is a decent person

If your gonna go for long stoppies, it's going to happen and probably quite a few times. The first few will hurt the worst for sure, then you start learning how to bail out correctly:YEAH
Old 07-04-2007, 03:31 PM

MATT L is a decent person

Here's my last flip at King of the South that Mike Nicely got, it's at 1:02 of the clip...I prefer bailing to the left

King of the South
Old 07-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Scottie D is a decent person

Originally Posted by MATT L
If your gonna go for long stoppies, it's going to happen and probably quite a few times. The first few will hurt the worst for sure, then you start learning how to bail out correctly:YEAH
Thats is for sure. The tail to head contact really sux.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
I'm not gonna try this ....but I wondered this a couple weeks ago...when I saw a camera Boom (taped to a bike ) with the camera 6 feet out facing backwards on the rider...

and I envisioned...... a fwd bar coming off the front of the bike.... Like the rear subframe and 12 bar comes off the rear..... and at the exact correct distance....to balance the bike on it's nose..... but instead of just a metal plate to scrape.....something like a wheelie bar on a dragbike (some free rolling small wheels on there )

bottom line...is .....something like this ....could be a learning apparatus to keep bikes from flipping while learning stoppies...... then it could be removed once BP is learned .....

anyone think this is a possibility ...or has anyone ever seen someone try something like this ?
Roadracing schools use spring loaded outriggers sometimes ...to help teach riders to learn how to drift or slide a bike without highsiding.....it would be inline with something like that...
any thoughts ? (besides the fact that im an idiot...and think too deeply into things...lol)
sounds like it could work.

i can just see it..."stoppie school"

here is another method/addition...

u have C2O tanks with a balloon or some kind of airbag in the tail....when u feel like ur looping u push a button on a switch mounted on the clip-on(or ur front device automatically activates this once it detects that the bike is in loop mode) which will release air into the balloon making the tail heavy, thus, bringin the bike back down.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:06 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-NECK
this thread is a jinx if ive ever seen one...lol
+1
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smoothkustard
I dont want to loop a brand new bike and dont feel like buying a stunt bike.
try this then
Old 07-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Alien R1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my last flip at King of the South that Mike Nicely got, it's at 1:02 of the clip...I prefer bailing to the left

King of the South
Thats was ****** sick how u bailed 2 the side I never expect falling so I just het hit by that ****

Originally Posted by DLish
try this then
LMFAO put a scrape bar on da iron son!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:08 PM
im nico, i do wheelies

banjaxed is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fiddypimp
and on another note a little off topic, a kid in my town is paralized when his mint zx-10 came over and broke his back

so how much does he want for it?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:05 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smoothkustard
anyone out there rolling 100+ foot stoppies who hasnt flipped one? im a big fan of stoppies and want to keep practicing i think my best is about 30ft. I dont want to loop a brand new bike and dont feel like buying a stunt bike. so is it pretty much a given that if i keep practicing i'm gonna loop one?

I guess you can say I'm weird because I could roll a smooth stoppie from 45mph about 60 feet before I learned to ride a real balance point wheelie.

I've never measured my stoppies since just starting and they still aren't near as long as I would like, but after a few practice runs I'm sure I'm rolling 100ft or more. Mine are low though, high approach speeds, lots of speed scrubbing. I was doing stoppies about 4 years before I flipped one then I flipped two within weeks of each other, one after a recent surgery, not the best decision I've made.

EDIT - btw I don't consider myself a stunter. I've never built a dedicated stunt bike. I'm just a street rider who dicks off where ever I go. I've practiced at bike night stunt spots, but I've never spent a day in a lot practicing in the 8 years I've been riding.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:12 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

I was never great at stoppies on a big bike, never pushed balance point - or the spot BEYOND balance point where you ride with no front brake @ all.

For some weird reason, I can ride out a stoppie way longer on a Fiddy than I can a big bike - I can find that spot beyond balance point & keep the bike there & keep it rolling. The only way to find that spot is to end up on your head more than a few times.

I have so much respect for the big guys rolling huge balance point stoppies on bikes with the bike so high that another 1/2 inch will put the subframe on thier skull. Its the only trick where there is no hand brake or oh **** button. There is NOTHING like watching someone ride a stoppie with the subframe a good foot over thier head. So great to watch. Just was never my trick to do, but my favorite to watch.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

King of the South

yowza, you can see you lean forward & then the bike just FLIP. Didn't look fun.

Quick Reply: anyone rolling long stoppies who hasnt flipped?