What makes a good stunt show...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 10:13 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person
What makes a good stunt show...

I'm curious to find out what people think makes a good show.

Just back from a show on the weekend (at the British Superbikes) and having got a little experience under my belt I'm looking to make improvements. I found it tricky to interact with the crowd (although the heavy rain wasn't exactly helping)

There's 4 of us in the team and we don't have a radio microphone or our own MC (at the moment)

Any idea's or tip's be great to hear, especially if you have done a few shows too.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person
Re: What makes a good stunt show...

a good MC will make or break a show hands down!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:59 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

lots of Buds
Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Also variety. If you all ride the same itll be boring. Watch lots of vids. Geared up has 3 diff styles. Just look at how diverse some of the top teams are, The mass. track segment in USBW dont forget the streets w/ Tony-D vs. Ronnie reality's team, they break it down pretty well. Also the risk of crashes and actual crashes are the most memorable. Just cover all the bases and dont leave them asking for anything. Actually just get Angyal Zoltan on your team :YEAH
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

keep it high energy! and remember the crowds don't know how hard a trick is to do! so very technical tricks don't get them going...if you start to loose them do a few loud burn out's! you will suck them right back in!!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Give me the wheelie gypsy

FiSh is a decent person

When In Doubt, Burnout!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:24 PM

Dead Game is an unknown quantity at this point

lots of *****
Old 07-02-2007, 01:25 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dead Game
lots of *****
thats after the show!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:03 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

smoke and noise
Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM

get some of your friends in the crowd to amp people up and point things out
Old 07-02-2007, 02:45 PM

DCP-TED is an unknown quantity at this point

You all always forget something at these shows. Ive been to more than enough to see what gets the crowds standing. Here they are....

1.) Great MC (not like chubbs "what, what, what garbage") One that explains the difficulty, speaks clearly, doesnt start speaking with friends while the mic is on so the whol ****** crowd can hear his or her lame *** conversation.

2.) Your gonna hate me but more Tandem or Mandem if your secure in your masculinity. Its much more dangerous and crowds love that.

3.) Have different parts of a show, Technical Competition, who can do the best style of each trick. At every event Colton does perfect tricks, then Dixon then Kane, then Toler, then T-Neck, then Dryden, then Brunelle etc etc etc. Break up each TRICK seperately. Everyone tries to do the best looking Highchairs. Then the best looking SS O's, best looking frog O's, etc etc etc Crazy, Dangerous stuff sells.

4. Choreography - Gonna have to start doin more guys. There are waaaaay too many people with mad skills and the average spectator is just gonna see the same ole BS trick done by another rider. BORING. Make it more versatile. Use your imaginations.

5. PUT ON A SHOW. The crowd isnt filled with stunters only is it? Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Grandfathers, Grandmothers, etc etc etc, You get the idea.

6. You wanna see 50 riders all do the same 20 tricks? Ummmm....nah it gets kinda boring after the first 5. Be creative, not with the "Tricks" but with the "SHOW"

Later,
Hicks
Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person

Originally Posted by der
Also variety. If you all ride the same itll be boring. Watch lots of vids. Geared up has 3 diff styles. Just look at how diverse some of the top teams are, The mass. track segment in USBW dont forget the streets w/ Tony-D vs. Ronnie reality's team, they break it down pretty well. Also the risk of crashes and actual crashes are the most memorable. Just cover all the bases and dont leave them asking for anything. Actually just get Angyal Zoltan on your team :YEAH
yup, lots of variety is good for sure.

True with the "if in doubt burnout" - they do love a bit of wasted tyres!!!

need to sort an MC out probably / or a radio mic. but until then I guess lots of throwing of arms about in excitement after doing a cool trick. :YEAH

HICKS - you reckon (3) having the 4 of us add our own 'style' to the same trick in a row works yeah? I guess each of us adding a little variation. like straight high chair / cross legged / one handed / into endo... nice. guess this works better with an MC getting the crowd to cheers for their favourite as it were.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

Good MC helps,

The MC for the dave coates stuff in st annes was a bit poo, people weren't getting hyped up, there was a better response for Neil Porter who had an MC that got the crowd laughing and shouting
Old 07-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Keep me off your team
Old 07-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, it seems that a lot of people coming to a show might not know anything about stunt riding. They could be just street riders or friends, etc. It seems that the flashy stuff will keep interest. We all know the amount of sweat, blood, and parts that are invested in learning circles, but the crowd will probably be more impressed with a smooth looking christ or gorilla roll. The anticipation of a crash or a balancing act acro is more appealing to most then 20 perfectly executed fast sitdown O's.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

well thanks guy's, i'm team mates with nick and we did the show together.

I'm buying a loud race can for the next show so the burn out's and chain saw's look and sound better. I'm also going to get a better front tyre for the next show so i can roll a few long stoppies.

I'm even going to high side a few dounts so the crowd cheer a little, it cant do any harm

Having a good MC is hard at the min cuz the only people at the show's that know anything about stunting are the riders. But we have made a CD with some nice tunes loaded on for them to play over the PA sistem.

I'm also thinking about having someone we know (female) to burn out around and then sit on the floor with there legs open and stoppie up to them and make it look like we are going to hit them but just stop in time.