SSB kinda sucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve
SSB kinda sucks

now that dave and john zamora kinda run **** over there. i looked at the new mag yesterday and all i did was see stretched bikes and lame pictures of those two in the mag more than riders that actually do **** for our sport. the xdl article was lame ,i mean you told the bear facts of what happened and didnt even tell all the cool stories of the weekend like you easily could (like usual)and basically i kinda think the mag sucks because of you guys . yea i said it fu.ck it.
-mike
Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice
Re: SSB kinda sucks

i agree **** that mag...
Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 PM

JoeR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

One of many posts about the mag... definitely headed in the wrong direction
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

Dude , it is old news....all i can say is **** SSB fer good.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:34 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

I choose to keep it to the basic facts to run more photos. Perhaps we should have talked about how a bike went into the crowd took out a fence and knocked some kids teeth out. Stories like that?
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Or you could make fun of stunters for wearing skate shoes instead of riding boots, oh wait........you already do.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:38 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SoCalRPM
I choose to keep it to the basic facts to run more photos. Perhaps we should have talked about how a bike went into the crowd took out a fence and knocked some kids teeth out. Stories like that?

yeah and how the kid came back the next day happy as can be just to watch the stunters... oh but all the ****** ugly *** bikes are more important...look at this months issue what the **** were you guys thinkin that bike on the cover is ****** ugly. and i can honestly say i bought the mag for the dvd in in then thru the mag in the trash.. you guys are garbage..
Old 06-29-2007, 01:46 PM

NastySVC is an unknown quantity at this point

how bout you keep it real basic and send me my ******* magazines that i paid for in Novemeber and the only thing i got was one ******* issue this month was the first issue i have ever rec with a cover on it that said this is your last issue. You cant get anymore basic,

1. You have a magazine that i like
2. i buy it and pay for it
3. you send it to me every month like agreed with the terms of conditions.

pretty ******* basic to me.....now send me my ******* magazines you douche bags,
Old 06-29-2007, 01:47 PM

nah man not stories like that or hell yea run what actually happened but for real like more in depth maybe how say for example john legion had a horrific wreck and managed to get a bike that wasnt his and still kill **** being hurt ,or how the bike a.c. got was garbage and had to have two days of work put into and full motor swaps and still managed to qualify and win second place over a person who had a serious shoulder injury that beat everyone else for third but nah you just stick to the facts right. its like this about every event you just are there taking pictures and then writing a half *** story and leaving all the good behind the scenes **** that everyone knows goes on but doesnt know about. i mean i can buy a plethora of mags and find articles like super streetbike now adays and i dont buy those mags either cuz they dont cover stunting. so do what you do keep it up buddy
-mike
Old 06-29-2007, 01:48 PM

and what do you mean keep it basic to run more photos photos of who you and big dave? it seems like you guys get more photo coverage in the mag than alot of people who might actually desrve to be in there but hey thats just my opinion right?
-mike
Old 06-29-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by NastySVC
how bout you keep it real basic and send me my ******* magazines that i paid for in Novemeber and the only thing i got was one ******* issue with a cover on it that said this is your last issue. You cant get anymore basic,

1. You have a magazine that i like
2. i buy it and pay for it
3. you send it to me every month like agreed with the terms of conditions.

pretty ******* basic to me.....now send me my ******* magazines you douche bags,
How about I did all I can. I sent your information up to the right people. I gave you the phone #s of who to call. I sent you back issues for like a year back. and you threatened me with legal action on a PM on Stuntlife so I gave you the address of the office in order to send the legal papers over.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
and what do you mean keep it basic to run more photos photos of who you and big dave? it seems like you guys get more photo coverage in the mag than alot of people who might actually desrve to be in there but hey thats just my opinion right?
-mike
We had 3 pages for the XDL story. We ran approx 34 photos!!! We ran all the finalist up to 12th place.

That does't leave much room for edit.

Truth is every month I do what I can and it's never enough. Ever.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 PM

No Busa's that look like an extraterrestrial beast are much more interesting...the kids teeth will grow back
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM

We had 3 pages for the XDL story. We ran approx 34 photos!!! We ran all the finalist up to 12th place.

That does't leave much room for edit.

Truth is every month I do what I can and it's never enough. Ever.
i hear ya i guess ,i guess i just wish there was more coverage story wise.its nice to know what goes on behind the scenes not JUST who won1st thru 12th **** leave out some pics and write more words. i guess im just hating
-mike
Old 06-29-2007, 01:57 PM

svbullet is a decent person

quick question, which cover bike are we knockin, cuz i like what i thought to be the most recent cover bike built by greggs customs. im kinda a street fighter sucka, but kinda agree with all the stretched out slammed ****, id like to see more reviews on equipment, may be some how tos and event coverage.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:58 PM

slutty62cont is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys ... ease up on the man ... the magazine is not called John Zamora Presents: Superstreet Bike Magazine ... seriously ... John even though he is not a bad *** stunter is somewhat a pioneer of this sport ... here in the West Coast at least ... he was reppin the Stunt Scene years ago on SoCalRPM before rear hand brakes and corporate sponsorships and paying for all that out of his own pocket ... in case noone remembers ... I have had many conversations with JZ and believe me he does all he can ... he has a lot of friends in this industry and harnesses no HATE on anyone ... Keep up the good work John!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by ZANNMANN
i hear ya i guess ,i guess i just wish there was more coverage story wise.its nice to know what goes on behind the scenes not JUST who won1st thru 12th **** leave out some pics and write more words. i guess im just hating
-mike
Zanny I hear ya. And we we don't run pics of the winners, we get hate because we didn't run pics of the winners. It's a no-win situation.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by svbullet
id like to see more reviews on equipment, may be some how tos and event coverage.
+million....

Even though it was an older R6, I looked forward to seeing/reading the issues on what they were doing to get it stunt ready...but even that was too brief

Last edited by JoeR1; 06-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

SSB is for homos
Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 PM

CPat is an unknown quantity at this point

John, I think it's admirable that you've got the ***** to stand up on here and defend yourself and SSB. I know SSB has shown SF some love and we appreciate that with the Baller's Ride and CHAOS and all the Daytona coverage.

Maybe you guys could add in a stunt section specifically to show love to these guys or something? Like 5 - 10 pages a month specifically dedicated to the stunt world?

In reality, I'm curious about all of the hating...I have sympathy for the crew at SSB simply because I personally go through the same situation over at SF all the time.

It's kind of a "damned if ya' do, damned if ya' don't" situation that everyone in this industry faces. Even all the riders on here...paint your bike black, someone tells you it should be silver. Run full fairings, someone tells you that you should be rollin' streetfighter. Ride on the west coast, someone tells you that you should be rolling on the East coast. Feature show bikes worth thousands of dollars and stunters hate. Feature stunt bikes and the riders in that scene and the builders hate....you are NEVER EVER EVER going to make EVERYONE happy.

It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation. Even SF faces the same thing...we try like hell to keep it well rounded at our company, but it's tough because the material comes from the people who your are surrounded by and until the stunt scene merges with the show scene, you will find it incredibly tough to feature everything at once. I do admit that is it is the editors and the writers who face the challenge of creating a product that features love for an industry that is as multi-faceted as the sport bike scene. The only thing we can all do to shed the spotlight on everything is try our best...and everyone involved in SSB should do the same.

Do whatcha do guys....if people didn't like it, Primedia would shut it down.

And Nasty...not attacking you or anything, but wouldn't it be an accounting glitch that your subscription didn't go through properly?

-CPat

Quick Reply: SSB kinda sucks